Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

seeking a way to add more traits to my sims

ariasunshineariasunshine Posts: 34 Member
i seen a video on how to do this in MCCC center but it was over 1 yr ago i did use her steps in the video but im not sure where to find the "add trait" button ad...if anyone knows where to A. find the button in MCCC to change this or B. someone knows of a mod to do this let me know tysm in advance!! :)

Comments

• CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    This is the mod I use and I love it.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member

This mod has not been updated in a while.
    How compatible is it with most popular mods out there now?
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Minai wrote: »

This mod has not been updated in a while.
    How compatible is it with most popular mods out there now?

The latest post on the site states it works with the current version 1.61.15.1020. I also use it and I can confirm that it's definitely fit for purpose :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • AlayafantAlayafant Posts: 36 Member
    I use a lot of mods and as stated above, the mod suggested definitely does the job. I have around 40 mods in my game including that one and it works perfectly fine! It does sometimes glitch out the UI if a sim has a lot of traits, so be careful! You would also have to manually add them as you will still only see 3 traits in CAS.

Hope I helped :)
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited March 2020
    You can use cheat codes to add traits if you know the name of the trait you want to add.
    Ctrl Shift C then type testingcheats on
    Once that is enabled you can type in traits.equip_trait (nameoftrait) without the ()
    If you find you don't like a trait you gave your sim you can type traits.remove_trait (name of trait) without the ()
    I found that I didn't like the Loner trait as my sim was getting tense being around co-workers at work.

So, I did traits.remove_trait Loner to get rid of it.

I wanted to have my Sim be a geek instead so I put in traits.equip_trait geek

For traits with more than one word, I had trouble at first until I realized you just put them together as one word.
    So if you want something like great kisser or super green thumb traits you'd type traits.equip_trait greatkisser and traits.equip_trait supergreenthumb

I found out there was a "collector" trait by chance-- just wanted to see what would happen if I used the cheat command and put in collector. There are numerous websites out there with lists of the traits and cheat codes. I've been saving some of the useful ones to a notepad.

I don't know if there is a limit on how many traits you can have though. I wonder if there is a cheat code to make it so your number of traits is unlimited.

Link to some traits (mostly aspiration ones) https://simscommunity.info/2014/07/16/the-sims-4-hidden-traits-list-description/