Maybe some of these questions cannot be answered before the pack is released - and that's ok - but maybe some of them can, and if so, thank you!
Players, add your questions too.
1.Will knitting fill the fun need? (some hobbies in game don't, eg woodworking, baking, flower arranging etc).
2. If knitting with other sims, will it fill the social need and add relationship points?
3. Will multi-tasking be added to knitting? If so, what will the sims be able to do while they knit? Watch TV, eat/drink, chat with other sims, listen to music? etc What do you foresee the sims not
being able to do while they knit? Will they be limited to where
they can knit? Specific chair etc.
4. How will knitting work? We know there'll be a storage bag (we voted what type we'd like) and we know it will be portable i.e be able to go into a sims inventory, which means they can take it to a friends house or to a community lot (great for clubs!). How will this work? Is the skill tied to this object? i.e. have to buy a storage bag before you can begin knitting. Will we buy yarn or will there be an endless automatic supply? Will there be different types of yarn? Acrylic and wool eg. Will we buy patterns, or will they be automatically unlocked as we advance in skill, like woodworking?
5. Strangerville gave us the ability to wear an outfit directly from the sims inventory (the hazmat suit). Will some craftable clothing
items be inventory-enabled (good for gift giving, giving away to charities etc) , or will all the craftable clothing items be tied to CAS? Will they be unlocked through knitting, or available in CAS without knitting?
6. What type of toys will we be able to knit? Will they be interactive? Will they be cloned/a mimic of the ones we already have in game?
So far we have 3 types: 1. Small portable ones tots and kids play with their hands, 2. Huge huggable ones they can talk with and be friends with, 3. Parenthood gave us nightlight to scare away the monster under the bed, sits on surfaces and kids can play with.
What are the chances we could have all three as craftable objects?
Will there be a new type of interactive toy? eg kids can cuddle it in bed?
Will some/all/none be decorative only?
7. Will the craftable objects be viewable and fill the sims fun need? Will they give buffs when viewed? Moods?
8. What gameplay will the rocking chair add? Will kids be able to use it? Will toddlers? Will it increase their fun if they rock? Will sims be able to rock their babies asleep? Will it function like a a normal living chair -i.e. be able to watch TV from it, read, eat etc. Will it break and need repairing if a sim rocks too enthusiastically?
9. Will toddlers able to play in the storage bag/basket?
I imagine a lot of these questions may not have answers yet, but I hope we'll get to find out more details as the work progresses. Thanks for keeping us informed and involved.