March 27 - Click here for the last Friday Highlight of the month!
March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

Which is your favorite sims game?

Comments

  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,518 Member
    Sims 2
    rosekapa wrote: »
    The sims 2 is my favourite with sims 3 a close second, followed by the original game which I still play.

    Have you the Sims 4? It's a very interesting game.

    I have. I just think it’s the most boring and weakest of the four sims games.
  • rosekaparosekapa Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 4
    rosekapa wrote: »
    The sims 2 is my favourite with sims 3 a close second, followed by the original game which I still play.

    Have you the Sims 4? It's a very interesting game.

    I have. I just think it’s the most boring and weakest of the four sims games.

    Yeah... I don't know. I haven't tried the others game expect the sims Freeplay :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 15,324 Member
    Sims 4
    rosekapa wrote: »
    rosekapa wrote: »
    The sims 2 is my favourite with sims 3 a close second, followed by the original game which I still play.

    Have you the Sims 4? It's a very interesting game.

    I have. I just think it’s the most boring and weakest of the four sims games.

    Yeah... I don't know. I haven't tried the others game expect the sims Freeplay :D

    @rosekapa I see you recently joined the forums. Welcome. 😊 Most of the simmers selecting Sims 2 and Sims 3 have played 4 and found it not to their liking. I've played since the beginning and have enjoyed each version. I have them all installed and hope to get back to the previous versions one day but just don't have the time right now. Maybe once 4 is done.

    You may want to check out some of the threads in TS4 General Discussion and you'll find plenty of simmers enjoying and sharing their gameplay.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-general-discussion

    Also the TS4 packs section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions

    And the Creative Corner.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-creative-corner

    Happy simming!
  • rosekaparosekapa Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 4
    @simgirl1010
    Yeah
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited March 6
    Sims 2
    Sims 2, the 57 Chevy Belair of gaming, classic and hot! The reasons are legion but to keep it short: Well thought out and executed by people who obviously cared deeply and took the time and effort to get it right. The first time. Sims are truly individuals, with deep characterization and very human behavior. You have to work at it to get sameness, and even then probably won't succeed. Gameplay is rich and unpredictable, you never know when the game - like life - will throw a curve ball at you. The little things and seemingly small details are not overlooked. Sims will open drawers and cabinets to get the pans and tools they need to make a meal, play real games of chess and pool, repair cars, juggle coffee cups and so much more. The backs of appliances and electronics are complete down to the stickers, things you won't see once they are in place. The game has comprehensive terrain tools, including in neighborhood view. We can place lots anywhere we like in a variety of sizes, no space is wasted in useless decoration. We have great flexibility and options in ways later versions can only dream about. It may be old, but it still delivers the goods!

    Before anyone asks, I own all 4 versions, play all 4 versions (some more than others), so have a broad experience base, starting at day 1 of Sims 1. TS4 is very pretty, but is shallow and austure, like a gussied-up Yugo pretending it's a loaded Chevelle SS 454 Z package.
  • ROSEUMIEEROSEUMIEE Posts: 18 Member
    Sims 4
    I love Sims 4 but Sims 3 has things that I miss such as the future. Modifying the future. I also wish sims 4 has it where the page doesn't load when just going across the street or next door.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 15,324 Member
    Sims 4
    Thank goodness the franchise offers something for everyone! ♥️
  • HotheadsimHotheadsim Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 2
    Hello everyone, Ive been a simmer from the start, but Im new to the forums, so happy to join you guys!! Ive played all 4 of them I loved S1 enough to get S2 and it was perfect imo. Someone already posted many great things about S2 and I still feel like there are so many more great things to be said about S2. I got S3 and it made me sad, it didnt feel the same. I miss being able to delete every building in the neighborhood in Sims 2 and build it back up the way I want MY neighborhoods to look. When news of the Sims 4 came about like officially, I was so happy, I fully expected it to have lots of Sim 2 features....with no loading screens.
    Sims 4 is good, but imo Sims 2 is best. Remember when Drew Carey would show up to your parties and everyone would run out of your house to get his autograph? Sims 2 is best imo.
  • rosekaparosekapa Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 4
    Hotheadsim wrote: »
    Hello everyone, Ive been a simmer from the start, but Im new to the forums, so happy to join you guys!! Ive played all 4 of them I loved S1 enough to get S2 and it was perfect imo. Someone already posted many great things about S2 and I still feel like there are so many more great things to be said about S2. I got S3 and it made me sad, it didnt feel the same. I miss being able to delete every building in the neighborhood in Sims 2 and build it back up the way I want MY neighborhoods to look. When news of the Sims 4 came about like officially, I was so happy, I fully expected it to have lots of Sim 2 features....with no loading screens.
    Sims 4 is good, but imo Sims 2 is best. Remember when Drew Carey would show up to your parties and everyone would run out of your house to get his autograph? Sims 2 is best imo.

    Welcome to the forums! I am happy to have you here! If you want help, ask me! I play 4 sims for 2 years. I haven't tried the others expect the Sims Freeplay.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,205 Member
    Sims 2
    Ehm do we need??!!!! Obviously The Sims 2 is gonna win this one.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Sims 3
    I love ts2 like everyone else but i've never played it on pc, just for ps2. TS3 was my first main game in the franchise on pc and I still play it so it will always be my favorite.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • rosekaparosekapa Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 4
    I love ts2 like everyone else but i've never played it on pc, just for ps2. TS3 was my first main game in the franchise on pc and I still play it so it will always be my favorite.

    Have you tryied ts4?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Sims 3
    rosekapa wrote: »
    I love ts2 like everyone else but i've never played it on pc, just for ps2. TS3 was my first main game in the franchise on pc and I still play it so it will always be my favorite.

    Have you tryied ts4?

    Yes I have. Not for me.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • MegatasticMegatastic Posts: 18 Member
    Sims 2
    Deffinitely TS2. There's just so much more it has to offer over TS4. I do enjoy TS4 but it gets boring very quickly.
    1oJNfSj.gif
  • rosekaparosekapa Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 4
    Megatastic wrote: »
    Deffinitely TS2. There's just so much more it has to offer over TS4. I do enjoy TS4 but it gets boring very quickly.

    I agree...
  • SimpleeSimplee Posts: 36 Member
    Sims 3
    I have to say TS3 purely because it was the game that truly got me into the sims! Also i just love a lot of features from TS3 that we lost in TS4
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 78 Member
    Sims 4
    I answered Sims 4 because I've played it the most and the modding community is amazing and it runs quite well. I do like gameplay in the sims 2 and sims 3 much more, though. I just can't add more into the game with mods without it running absolutely horribly. I'd say, that if sims 3 ran better and didn't take forever to load, it would be my favorite. For technical reasons I'm gonna have to say sims 4. I have many fond memories of sims 3, but I have many fond memories of the sims 4 as well. For sims 2, I only played it a couple times when I was 7 or 8, and sims 1 was a long time ago... Sims 1 and 2 do have that really old game vibe that's absolutely lovely.
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 78 Member
    Sims 4
    ROSEUMIEE wrote: »
    I love Sims 4 but Sims 3 has things that I miss such as the future. Modifying the future. I also wish sims 4 has it where the page doesn't load when just going across the street or next door.

    It would be cool if it didn't load in the small area that you're in, like in the island of Windenburg, but if you visit another part of the town that isn't on that island, then it would load. I think that would be okay.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 361 Member
    Sims 3
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    I answered Sims 4 because I've played it the most and the modding community is amazing and it runs quite well. I do like gameplay in the sims 2 and sims 3 much more, though. I just can't add more into the game with mods without it running absolutely horribly. I'd say, that if sims 3 ran better and didn't take forever to load, it would be my favorite. For technical reasons I'm gonna have to say sims 4. I have many fond memories of sims 3, but I have many fond memories of the sims 4 as well. For sims 2, I only played it a couple times when I was 7 or 8, and sims 1 was a long time ago... Sims 1 and 2 do have that really old game vibe that's absolutely lovely.

    @SimsQueer Performance/technical problems like these are usually caused by 1) Playing on an underpowered computer, or 2) Having bad (i e outdated, poorly made, corrupt etc.) third party content in your game. Or a combination of both 1 and 2.

    I have all EP's, all SP's and everything from the Store (but no third party content) installed on several computers, both gaming laptops and desktops, and it works fine for the most part. There are some bugs and glitches here and there of course, but they're usually fixable or possible to work around somehow. :)
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 78 Member
    Sims 4
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    I answered Sims 4 because I've played it the most and the modding community is amazing and it runs quite well. I do like gameplay in the sims 2 and sims 3 much more, though. I just can't add more into the game with mods without it running absolutely horribly. I'd say, that if sims 3 ran better and didn't take forever to load, it would be my favorite. For technical reasons I'm gonna have to say sims 4. I have many fond memories of sims 3, but I have many fond memories of the sims 4 as well. For sims 2, I only played it a couple times when I was 7 or 8, and sims 1 was a long time ago... Sims 1 and 2 do have that really old game vibe that's absolutely lovely.

    @SimsQueer Performance/technical problems like these are usually caused by 1) Playing on an underpowered computer, or 2) Having bad (i e outdated, poorly made, corrupt etc.) third party content in your game. Or a combination of both 1 and 2.

    I have all EP's, all SP's and everything from the Store (but no third party content) installed on several computers, both gaming laptops and desktops, and it works fine for the most part. There are some bugs and glitches here and there of course, but they're usually fixable or possible to work around somehow. :)

    Usually, yeah, but I don't have either of those problems and my computer struggles. The software is outdated, so it's going to run worse the more advanced our computers become.

    Though, one could argue that two long loading screens when starting the game is better than many short ones in the middle, but I disagree.

    Either way I really love the sims 3 but I haven't played it in almost a year... I guess it's about time to take a look at it again.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 15,461 Member
    Sims 4
    I never thought I'd ever choose something over Sims2. But, with a couple of mods in place, Sims4 has what Sims2 never did. I love CAS and the ability for my Sims to sing. With a mod my Sims can become celebrities that augment what GF gave us. Now, I do enjoy how we could have our Sims actually run the restaurant, as opposed to just manage it, but I do have Sims2: The Ultimate Collection, if I just have to go back. But we only had one game length. Even with aging off, it's not the same.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited March 14
    Sims 3
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    I answered Sims 4 because I've played it the most and the modding community is amazing and it runs quite well. I do like gameplay in the sims 2 and sims 3 much more, though. I just can't add more into the game with mods without it running absolutely horribly. I'd say, that if sims 3 ran better and didn't take forever to load, it would be my favorite. For technical reasons I'm gonna have to say sims 4. I have many fond memories of sims 3, but I have many fond memories of the sims 4 as well. For sims 2, I only played it a couple times when I was 7 or 8, and sims 1 was a long time ago... Sims 1 and 2 do have that really old game vibe that's absolutely lovely.

    @SimsQueer Performance/technical problems like these are usually caused by 1) Playing on an underpowered computer, or 2) Having bad (i e outdated, poorly made, corrupt etc.) third party content in your game. Or a combination of both 1 and 2.

    I have all EP's, all SP's and everything from the Store (but no third party content) installed on several computers, both gaming laptops and desktops, and it works fine for the most part. There are some bugs and glitches here and there of course, but they're usually fixable or possible to work around somehow. :)

    I agree. I have an underpowered laptop (better than what i had back in the days, but underpowered anyway) and there are ways to still be able to play very smoothly. Im about to buy a better one, but in the meantime i play with 4 ep's, 2 sp's and some content of the store. It loads in 2 minutes and works very smoothly. I have nraas mods (which are essential) and i've done all steps in the steam's performance guide for sims 3 (it helps with making the pc work accordingly to an old software).
    Of course i would love to have all eps working, and i will have it the moment i buy the new laptop, but for now i can say i have a lot of fun, considering that ep's in sims 3 are so full of content!
    Post edited by telmarina on
  • SimstressSimstress Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 3
    Although I truly enjoy TS4, I will always have a love for TS3. I miss some of the spontaneous parts of that world and other Sims’ responses to my characters. It felt more like real life somehow. Loading times and graphics aside, I would still play it daily, if I hadn’t lost the ability (hopefully temporarily) to play it on my Mac. Looking to get a new Windows machine JUST for this purpose. Now, that is love. 💕
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 118 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims2 is the best, I have to play it when sims4 and sims3 get boring.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 3,204 Member
    Sims 4
    Got TS3 when it came out and played it until TS4 released. I enjoyed TS3 but never got into it as much as I have with TS4. There are features of TS3 that I miss like open world and story progression but I have tried going back to playing it and just can't have fun with it anymore. I also own TS2 Ultimate Collection but haven't played much so can't really comment.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top