Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plumbob Dynasty Challenge

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
I don't intend on make a huge list of rules, cuz I hate playing with a bunch of restrictions that overwhelm me. I'm here just to share this idea I had when suggesting something to the English Simmer. Oh... Also... I have no idea if something like that already exists, then... don't be mean to me. The overall thing is similar to a Lepacy challenge, but you have to play all Sims games with a single family:

- You create a founder in Sims 1. They and their heirs will each explore a pack/base game, and, optional, a console game.
- You can choose a matriarchal or patriarchal family, but I suggest you to insert the "primary genders". Foundar male? Then his heir is a female, her heir is a male, and it goes on like that. You can change it to your liking, adding other gender identities, etc... But try to be more open to play other types of sims than you play regularly to get you out of your confort zone.
- You could also play a super sim that never dies or whatever, but I don't think I would have any fun with it...
- If you choose to play the console games too, you'll need a console to run those games or emulators.

You start this challenge in Medieval:
- Its optional, but you Dynasty starts as an actual royal family, then you have to try and finish as much as you can/want.
- After you beat the game, you move to Sims 1 with your last medieval heir or a future descendant.

Sims 1:
- Ultimogeniture: Children doesn't grow up in Sims 1. The only way they can officialy grow up is through a Makin' Magic Spell, but I don't suggest it. The spell will randomize your sim (just like when they are born) and they won't look anything like their parents. You can have kids during each heir lifespan, but when their challenge ends you'll have to pretend that they had another kid. Then you move to another neighborhood (they are the same, but you be seeing you granfather/ancestors walking around like young adults haha)and you'll create the "ultimogeniture heir" in CAS and respect their parents "DNA" to make them...
- After you end playing Makin' Magic, you have a couple of options. The easy one is to create an heir for the Makin' Magic sim you were playing in Sims 2. The normal difficulty is to choose either The Sims (Console) or Bustin' Out, they have similar storylines and you don't need to explore both, create an heir for the Makin' Magic sim and play those games, then create an heir for that sim and play The Urbz. After finishing Urbz, create an heir for your Urbz in Sims 2 base game. Remember to always respect their parents DNA, and their ancestor too... unless you'd like to pretend that they were adopted.

Sims 2:
- Finally, we have a proper DNA/family tree system.
- Most packs have new neighborhoods, but they are all separate from each other, and as we know... Moving sims from neighborhoods in Sims 2 can be dangerous and it can corrupt your game. So, I suggest you to use a mod by Mootilda that allows you to add all premade neighborhoods as shopping districts in Sims 2. Also, play in MeetMe2TheRiver fixed neighborhoods, some of the official ones have corrupted memories and deceased sims that can break your save files.
- Mootilda multiple shopping districts in SIms 2: http://modthesims.info/d/420924/fix-subhood-selection.html
- MeetMe2TheRiver fixed 'hoods: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
- Some Sims 2 expansion packs don't have neighborhoods. I suggest you to use Life Stories/Pet Stories neighborhoods that were converted to be used in Sims 2.
- Life Stoires/Pet Stories neighborhoods here: http://www.modthesims.info/m/9293562
- There's also a Sims 1 to Sims 2 neighborhood covertion that you could use in this challenge if you wanted.
- You can find it here as a main neighborhood: http://www.modthesims.info/d/522506/old-town.html
- Or here, as a shopping district: http://www.modthesims.info/d/523417/9-new-shopping-districts.html
- From here you can move the Apartment Life's sim heir to Sims 3, recreating them. Or, you can play Sims 2 console games in-between. The order is this: Sims 2: Apartment Life > The Sims 2 (Console) > S2 Pets (Console) > Castaway (Nintendo DS) > Castaway (Console) > Apartment Pets (Nintendo DS) > Sims 3 Base Game. Again, remember to always respect the heirs parents DNA and ancestors when creating them, and play each console game with an heir to the previous console game's sim and their partner. If the game doesn't allow marriage, pretend your sim married your favorite townie/npc and use them as a reference when creating the heir on the next console game/Sims 3 base game.

Sims 3:
- Most Expansion packs have worlds, but you can't move to them without losing relationships. There's a mod by NRAAS that allows you to have all official or fanmade worlds as vacation destinations. You can move to them and set them as your homeworld at any time. Talking about worlds, some of the EP don't have worlds, but there's a lot of them in the Sims 3 Store. You can also explore the remaining worlds to finish other lifetime wishes and careers from the base game/packs if you want to have fresh air.
- Here is the Traveler mod by NRAAS: https://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler
- I also recommend other NRAAS mods, you can have better story progression, or disable it. And other mods too. But none of them are necessary to use, you can move to other worlds in Sims 3 without traveler, but you'll lose your relationships and probably your extended family tree.
- After you finish playing the last EP, Into The Future, you can either create an heir to play Sims 4 Base Game, or play console games in-between. There's 2 mobile Sims 3 games, but I never played them/seen them... So, IDK if they are playable like that, but here's an overall map: Sims 3 Into The Future > S3 Iphone > Sims 3 Mobile > S3 Console > S3 Pets Console > S3 Supernatural Smartphones > Sims Freeplay (can skip this one) > Sims 4 Base Game. Again, remember to always respect the heirs parents DNA and ancestors when creating them, and play each console game with an heir to the previous console game's sim and their partner. If the game doesn't allow marriage, pretend your sim married your favorite townie/npc and use them as a reference when creating the heir on the next console game/Sims 3 base game... unless you'd like to pretend that they were adopted.

Sims 4:
- I suggest you to use MCCC to stop the game frm culling your sims ancestors, but you can skip using this one too.
- Game Packs also require you to play with a brand new heir, but you can also play with side-heir (your sims brother/sister/cousin/etc)...
- Not sure if we'll be getting any console games, but after Sims 4 life cycle ends up, you could try to explore Sims 4 Mobile before moving on to Sims 5 or skip it.

I didn't include the actual Life Stories/Pet Stories/Castaway Stories, cuz we can't create our own sims in them, but they are still referenced as downloadable neighborhoods for Sims 2.
Post edited by Karon on

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm not going to create any point system, cuz it would require me to create penalty system too, but you guys can add something in the discussion. I also recommend exploring all challenges we had in the franchise as "mini-games". You can be rags to riches in on gen, a 100 baby challenge at another gen, a black widow in another gen, etc... But you have to remember to always mainly explore the base game/pack that's the theme of such gen.
    Post edited by Karon on