Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Little Lumberjacks - My variation on 100 baby challenge.

So, I've already played the 100 baby challenge in it's entirety and it took about 9 months, the amount of time I could have had a real kid in, haha!

I'm done now and I loved the challenge, but not enough to play the same thing again exactly as is. So I'm doing it again with mostly the same rules but some other rules that are really different.

Here's the rules I'll be using that are different:

1. Couples Edition. I love the first version but the thing holding me back playing the full thing a 2nd time is finding all the donors again. This version my Sim will get married so only room for 6 kids in the home.
2. All pregnancies will have the same father in each gen. I'll use a mod to make pregnant sims age so there isn't a huge age gap. This should result in more realistic amounts of children per generation, and many more generations to get 100 kids. Once EITHER Sim in the couple dies, that generation will be over.
3. The youngest child will take over as soon as they are married.
4. No ley line! I used it last time and had almost all twins. That was fun, but looking for something different.
5. The nursery and toddler rooms can be generic, but for kids and teens each child must have their own bedroom decorated to their tastes that is redecorated each time they age up. (I did this for the first 60 kids or so last time but then gave up and didn't do it again until the last 15 haha). Kids can only share a room if tot and younger, or they are the same age and gender.
6. Same rules to age up early but because the pregnant sim will age all along, life span will be on long
7. Each new generation must move out and begin again in a new house in a new world (can repeat after running out of worlds if I do) I can use the Money Cheat to buy the shell of the house from the gallery and furnish it only with the cheapest items and the minimum needed for her and her husband (One double bed, one fridge, one countertop, one microwave, one sink, one couch, one desk/chair, one computer, one toilet, one bath/shower combo... no other furniture.) + 3000simoleans to decorate it/upgrade or add one additional item.) Once the house is ready, Money cheat again to make them have 0 Simoleans. So no carrying over money from previous generations.
8. Working rules same as the original as far as leaving the home to work.This applies to both sims in the couple though and teens no longer able to get jobs.
9. No using rally the troops
10. Each Generation the couple earn money the same way as each other (like two painters, two gardeners etc) and each generation they have to find a new way to earn money. They can repeat a way after 4 generations. (So I can use gardening again 4 generations after the first time it was used.)

My founders are Ea Maxis Base Game Kurt Lumberjackson and his new wife Carla Lumberjackson who will be living in a treehouse in Glimmerbrook.

a0j8uZY.png

Comments

• DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    This looks interesting.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thanks!!!!

Baby #1 is on the way! Any gender guesses?

I've gotta come up with a name theme too now, haha.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
    edited March 2020
    Baby 1 is a boy!
    Baby 2 is a girl!
    Baby 3 is on the way
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • koomebakoomeba Posts: 1 New Member
    ahh I love this
    I haven't been able to play much at all since the pandemic started but got on for an hour last night.

Babies so far:
    1. Calvin (boy) - Toddler
    2. Carla (girl) - Baby
    3. Carter (boy) - Baby
    4. Unknown - On the Way
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have started a 100 baby challenge back in April or so with the matriarch being pregnant while aging as well, haha, but with even harder rules!
    • With modding, pregnancies are 12 days long (4 days for each trimester)!
    • With modding, the matriarch can age while pregnant!
    • But I'm playing on long lifespan, so it's not going to take up so much of her life.
    • Because I'm playing on long, the toddlers need to have max skills (there's enough time for them to do so with 28 days but I can do it in three-five days, six if I'm being lazy) in order to age up.
    • The children & teens need max performance on the A grade (and level 10 (changed right now) of all skills for children, level 4 for four skills for teens) in order to age up.
    • No lot traits at all! (Especially not On the Ley Line or Great Schools)
    • The name theme for all gens is alphabet, (along with another name themes mixed in like fruits or countries).
    • The amount of babies the matriarch has is chosen by a random number system (1-10000). (There's also 0 babies in the mix :wink: The day she will miscarry is also decided by the number (1-12).)
    • The toddlers will all have the same traits. The trait I chose is Clingy.
    • The children will carry the same exact traits (starting from child) as their fathers. (So I have to learn all their fathers' traits to know which traits their children should have but I can use the observant trait soooo... XD) They'll also have the last names. Their aspirations will be chosen based on their traits.
    • All the babies will age up on their birthdays like normal (except the birthdays are now 12 days away :smile: )
    • All the YAs that I don't choose to move out for the time being can do whatever they want (even block the fridge, bassinet, computer etc.). :lol: Although I'll do try to work on their skills.
    • All sets (twins or triplets) have to age up together! So if one child raises their skills/performance faster than the other(s), then that child would have to wait. (Not only to make it harder, but honestly, to keep them the same age. It is odd for me when they're not.)
    • I added a new rule just now, the matriarch has to wait at least 5 days after birth to get pregnant again since I don't think it's possible irl to get pregnant immediately after giving birth especially since the woman will bleed and all that stuff...

I guess my main goal for this was to have more matriarchs, I guess? And to keep the children in the house for longer so I can get to know them more! And once they move out, I also play a story with them where they can have kids or do their careers and stuff.

Of course, I left this for a while because I got bored and started to play other games as well.

I think that your 100 baby challenge will be interesting as well, SimAlexandria, XD!
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    I have started a 100 baby challenge back in April or so with the matriarch being pregnant while aging as well, haha, but with even harder rules!
    • With modding, pregnancies are 12 days long (4 days for each trimester)!
    • With modding, the matriarch can age while pregnant!
    • But I'm playing on long lifespan, so it's not going to take up so much of her life.
    • Because I'm playing on long, the toddlers need to have max skills (there's enough time for them to do so with 28 days but I can do it in three-five days, six if I'm being lazy) in order to age up.
    • The children & teens need max performance on the A grade (and level 10 (changed right now) of all skills for children, level 4 for four skills for teens) in order to age up.
    • No lot traits at all! (Especially not On the Ley Line or Great Schools)
    • The name theme for all gens is alphabet, (along with another name themes mixed in like fruits or countries).
    • The amount of babies the matriarch has is chosen by a random number system (1-10000). (There's also 0 babies in the mix :wink: The day she will miscarry is also decided by the number (1-12).)
    • The toddlers will all have the same traits. The trait I chose is Clingy.
    • The children will carry the same exact traits (starting from child) as their fathers. (So I have to learn all their fathers' traits to know which traits their children should have but I can use the observant trait soooo... XD) They'll also have the last names. Their aspirations will be chosen based on their traits.
    • All the babies will age up on their birthdays like normal (except the birthdays are now 12 days away :smile: )
    • All the YAs that I don't choose to move out for the time being can do whatever they want (even block the fridge, bassinet, computer etc.). :lol: Although I'll do try to work on their skills.
    • All sets (twins or triplets) have to age up together! So if one child raises their skills/performance faster than the other(s), then that child would have to wait. (Not only to make it harder, but honestly, to keep them the same age. It is odd for me when they're not.)
    • I added a new rule just now, the matriarch has to wait at least 5 days after birth to get pregnant again since I don't think it's possible irl to get pregnant immediately after giving birth especially since the woman will bleed and all that stuff...

I guess my main goal for this was to have more matriarchs, I guess? And to keep the children in the house for longer so I can get to know them more! And once they move out, I also play a story with them where they can have kids or do their careers and stuff.

Of course, I left this for a while because I got bored and started to play other games as well.

I think that your 100 baby challenge will be interesting as well, SimAlexandria, XD!

@Zora1327 That sounds fun too :) My first time around I did something similar with the names.
    Gen 1 was alphabetical up to the letter L which is when that gen ended.
    Gen 2 was place names
    Gen 3 was Nature names until we hit the last 14 babies of the challenge. At that point she finished what the first matriarch started by going alphabetical from m-z. I posted all their names here at that time: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965751/just-had-to-share-that-im-done-100-baby/p1

Also, I'm aging up kids/teens on their bdays right now because my graphics card is broken so I can't see menus in game. Adds some more challenge haha. But I can't tell what grade my kids have or their traits so for second round I'm not worrying about it, except tots as I can see skills. I also can't choose sims which makes it really hard. For example... if my sim clicks on the potty she can't pick which tot to potty train and therefore can't train any... UNLESS only one can be trained and then it automatically goes to that tot. (And vice versa for kids asking for potty help) so I have to make sure that all tots other than the one needing trained (or bathed, or whatever) are asleep before potty training one. Highly annoying. Also Can't do things right now like cook (because I can't open the menu to choose the foods but she can "serve dinner" with the expensive wheel menu options you buy, just not the normal choices), view family trees (very annoying), order services like a maid or gardener, get reward traits, or anything like that haha. I need a new computer.

First time around my kids never had fathers, as their fathers all seemed to die somehow by the time they were tots (mostly weather related deaths) so observent wouldn't have helped any haha.
    Babies so far:
    1. Calvin (boy) - Child
    2. Carla (girl) - Child
    3. Carter (boy) - Toddler
    4. Cayden (boy) - Toddler
    5. Calla (Girl) - Baby
    6. On the way
  • SolsimSolsim Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow this sounds hard hahaha. Good luck!
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    I like the idea of playing on long life with a couple. Have fun with your great ideas. I will be lurking your progress. :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
    @Zora1327 That sounds fun too :) My first time around I did something similar with the names.
    Gen 2 was place names
    Gen 3 was Nature names until we hit the last 14 babies of the challenge. At that point she finished what the first matriarch started by going alphabetical from m-z. I posted all their names here at that time: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965751/just-had-to-share-that-im-done-100-baby/p1

Also, I'm aging up kids/teens on their bdays right now because my graphics card is broken so I can't see menus in game. Adds some more challenge haha. But I can't tell what grade my kids have or their traits so for second round I'm not worrying about it, except tots as I can see skills. I also can't choose sims which makes it really hard. For example... if my sim clicks on the potty she can't pick which tot to potty train and therefore can't train any... UNLESS only one can be trained and then it automatically goes to that tot. (And vice versa for kids asking for potty help) so I have to make sure that all tots other than the one needing trained (or bathed, or whatever) are asleep before potty training one. Highly annoying. Also Can't do things right now like cook (because I can't open the menu to choose the foods but she can "serve dinner" with the expensive wheel menu options you buy, just not the normal choices), view family trees (very annoying), order services like a maid or gardener, get reward traits, or anything like that haha. I need a new computer.

First time around my kids never had fathers, as their fathers all seemed to die somehow by the time they were tots (mostly weather related deaths) so observent wouldn't have helped any haha.

Thanks, haha! I looked at your posts from the 100 baby challenge one and it seemed interesting! :)

But I wonder how it must be to have no menus in the game? That must be VERY annoying, indeed! :/ Oh, also, are you able to pick any traits for the kids or is that broken, too? And how are you managing? I don't think I can go a second without checking traits, grades, life left, family trees, etc, because I'm like that, lol. I also tend to have a lot of multiples (I got twins the very first time I played ts4 and my sims got pregnant!) so they become toddlers at the same time and so I have two or three toddlers at once and if I had that problem then I won't be able to potty train them or bathe them. And then I'll have stinky toddlers with poopy diapers, haha. I also don't think you need a new computer, but you might need to replace your GPU with a new one. Just so you know.

And I have had some weather-related deaths (haven't gone far enough in my challenge to get family-related deaths yet) in my game, too, XD. A few of them were Nancy Landgraab and Mortimer Goth XD. It usually switches my camera to them whenever they die like that. Because they were dying, I couldn't save or do anything of the sort which was annoying (I usually save every minute or so as I don't want to lose ANY data, lol). One townie sim even died on my lot and I got her gravestone. It also prompted my matriarch to go witness it, but I cancelled it. It was pretty strange, honestly. I got angry so when I saw a sim turning blue, (I have MCC cheats) I changed their outfit to the cold-weather one and they were normal again. Never got any hot-weather deaths yet, though, XD. I had a broken mod in my game for a while, though (took it out now thanks to the 50/50 method, I kept it through many updates of the game for whatever reason, idk) and it made those dying sims resurrect and start walking on the streets again. They were removed from their households as usual, but they were normal sims, XD.

I decided on the idea of taking on the father's traits because it felt strange to just randomize it, lol. Never had any fathers die yet, btw. At first, Zandra had to get to know the fathers' traits but then I realized a trait existed for that, the Observant trait. I never found any use for it previously, but now I have! XD It is cheap and I'm having Zandra be kind of like a super sim XD and getting whims as well, so she has a ton of satisfaction points. Having Zandra be a super sim makes the challenge more interesting as well. (It won't be realistic for her to get everything in her lifetime and being a busy matriarch, but I'm getting as many things as I can! :smiley: ) I might do something different with the new matriarch when she comes, though, XD.

And talking about the 100 little lumberjacks challenge, I think this name theme is interesting, XD. In my old 100 baby challenge save (the one I lost), I used the -a & -e suffixes for girls and -iah, -as & -on suffixes for boys, and the hard "c" sound is slightly similar to that, haha.
    Gen 2 was place names

Thanks, haha! I looked at your posts from the 100 baby challenge one and it seemed interesting! :)

But I wonder how it must be to have no menus in the game? That must be VERY annoying, indeed! :/ Oh, also, are you able to pick any traits for the kids or is that broken, too? And how are you managing? I don't think I can go a second without checking traits, grades, life left, family trees, etc, because I'm like that, lol. I also tend to have a lot of multiples (I got twins the very first time I played ts4 and my sims got pregnant!) so they become toddlers at the same time and so I have two or three toddlers at once and if I had that problem then I won't be able to potty train them or bathe them. And then I'll have stinky toddlers with poopy diapers, haha. I also don't think you need a new computer, but you might need to replace your GPU with a new one. Just so you know.

And I have had some weather-related deaths (haven't gone far enough in my challenge to get family-related deaths yet) in my game, too, XD. A few of them were Nancy Landgraab and Mortimer Goth XD. It usually switches my camera to them whenever they die like that. Because they were dying, I couldn't save or do anything of the sort which was annoying (I usually save every minute or so as I don't want to lose ANY data, lol). One townie sim even died on my lot and I got her gravestone. It also prompted my matriarch to go witness it, but I cancelled it. It was pretty strange, honestly. I got angry so when I saw a sim turning blue, (I have MCC cheats) I changed their outfit to the cold-weather one and they were normal again. Never got any hot-weather deaths yet, though, XD. I had a broken mod in my game for a while, though (took it out now thanks to the 50/50 method, I kept it through many updates of the game for whatever reason, idk) and it made those dying sims resurrect and start walking on the streets again. They were removed from their households as usual, but they were normal sims, XD.

I decided on the idea of taking on the father's traits because it felt strange to just randomize it, lol. Never had any fathers die yet, btw. At first, Zandra had to get to know the fathers' traits but then I realized a trait existed for that, the Observant trait. I never found any use for it previously, but now I have! XD It is cheap and I'm having Zandra be kind of like a super sim XD and getting whims as well, so she has a ton of satisfaction points. Having Zandra be a super sim makes the challenge more interesting as well. (It won't be realistic for her to get everything in her lifetime and being a busy matriarch, but I'm getting as many things as I can! :smiley: ) I might do something different with the new matriarch when she comes, though, XD.

And talking about the 100 little lumberjacks challenge, I think this name theme is interesting, XD. In my old 100 baby challenge save (the one I lost), I used the -a & -e suffixes for girls and -iah, -as & -on suffixes for boys, and the hard "c" sound is slightly similar to that, haha.

So... I fixed the menu thing! Yay! In time to get the first kid the A. I had to do a bunch of driver updates etc. I'm sooo glad but I may still need a new computer. Mine is a fairly new gaming laptop but it had an accident. Think kids toy on the floor, large bowl of cheerios and milk type accident. It may not show big purple dots on the menu anymore but the side of the screen is stil missing as well as I don't have a proper space bar, n, l, 1,4,7, enter and a few other keys. Hard to type and doesn't really work like it did before that fatal breakfast.

I'm so glad! I hated not being able to check those things but it was that or not play at all haha.

If you have any hard "c" name suggestions for boys let me know haha. I have about 4 or 5 more girl ones I can think of but not many boy ones
    edited September 2020
    Grats on getting your menus back. :smile: I don't know what 'hard C' means but the name Charlie, Caleb or Carl comes to my mind.
    Mionax wrote: »
    Grats on getting your menus back. :smile: I don't know what 'hard C' means but the name Charlie, Caleb or Carl comes to my mind.

Caleb and Carl are great, ty! I love Charlie but the C isn't hard. I might resort to that if there's enough kids haha!! Basically hard C just means it makes a "K" sound if that makes sense :D Christopher would work too, I thought of that one after :) I might have to browse some name lists if I need more haha!
    edited September 2020
    Christopher is a nice name. Thanks for explaining what a 'hard C' is. :smile:

There is a worn out, falling apart, baby names book in the house. Some of the boy names with hard C are:

Cable
    Cadao
    Cadell
    Caelan
    Cain
    Callaghan
    Calvin
    Cameron
    Camillus
    Carl
    Carson
    Clark
    Clifford
    Conrad
    Corey
    Cosmo
    There is much more. Just ask.
    Mionax wrote: »
    Christopher is a nice name. Thanks for explaining what a 'hard C' is. :smile:

There is a worn out, falling apart, baby names book in the house. Some of the boy names with hard C are:

Cable
    Cadao
    Cadell
    Caelan
    Cain
    Callaghan
    Calvin
    Cameron
    Camillus
    Carl
    Carson
    Clark
    Clifford
    Conrad
    Corey
    Cosmo
    There is much more. Just ask.

Thank-you!!!!

I've already got a Calvin but these are great! I especially love Cain, Carson, Cameron, Cosmo, Clark and Caelan haha. I'm gonna be set for awhile.

Now my boy list is longer than girls haha.

For girls I curently have Callie, Camille, Catherine, Caitlin, Courtney, Carly
    edited September 2020
    The current crew:

tsucfoU.jpg

Kurt is holding baby Calla, Carla is holding toddler Cayden
    Carla in the middle and her brothers Calvin on the left and Carter on the right
    Carla is pregnant with baby 6
    aaaand my menus are gone again. THat didn't last long :( I really think it's the computer though
    Okay I can see kids grades, but still can't choose stuff on other menus and now even if only one adult/toddler is available it still doesn't let me potty train. Potty training is officially impossible on my computer right now... which means that unfortunately, unless I can fix it, all toddlers will have to be given the indepedent trait so they can train themselves. I wanted to randomize it but yeah, not an option at this point in time for me
    It is very sad that your menus are malfunctioning again. I like that one of your Sim's daughters is named after the mother. Here are some more girl names for you...

Cadence
    Cailida
    calandra
    Callidora
    Cameo
    Candace
    Cantara
    Carissa
    Carrie
    Cholena (ko-LEE-nah)

Callie, Camille, Catherine, Caitlin, Courtney, Carly are nice choices too. I hope your menus get fixed again soon.
    Gen 2 was place names

So... I fixed the menu thing! Yay! In time to get the first kid the A. I had to do a bunch of driver updates etc. I'm sooo glad but I may still need a new computer. Mine is a fairly new gaming laptop but it had an accident. Think kids toy on the floor, large bowl of cheerios and milk type accident. It may not show big purple dots on the menu anymore but the side of the screen is stil missing as well as I don't have a proper space bar, n, l, 1,4,7, enter and a few other keys. Hard to type and doesn't really work like it did before that fatal breakfast.

I'm so glad! I hated not being able to check those things but it was that or not play at all haha.

If you have any hard "c" name suggestions for boys let me know haha. I have about 4 or 5 more girl ones I can think of but not many boy ones
    Okay I can see kids grades, but still can't choose stuff on other menus and now even if only one adult/toddler is available it still doesn't let me potty train. Potty training is officially impossible on my computer right now... which means that unfortunately, unless I can fix it, all toddlers will have to be given the indepedent trait so they can train themselves. I wanted to randomize it but yeah, not an option at this point in time for me

I can relate (not ts4 but another app called wondershare filmora9, a video editor), and it kept lagging and crashing and turning black and all that. I updated my GPU and it still does it. Perhaps it's a little better than before, but it is definitely NOT fixed. *sigh* I want to edit my videos without any nonsense happening but I wonder when that's going to happen. I also can relate to the broken keyboard incident on an old laptop I used to have. My brother accidentally pushed me while I was drinking orange juice and it spilled onto the arrow keys. Luckily the right and left arrow keys survived but the up and down keys were dead. I had to use WASD when playing games and I had to use the mouse to go to certain paragraphs when editing documents and such. Perhaps only a year after that it died and never turned back on. Luckily I had a black laptop (Windows 10) that I could use (the one I use to play The Sims 4) to do my daily things. I also remember having an external keyboard whose half of the keys were broken, and we had to get a new one. *siiiigh* As they say, technology is useful until it stops working. :s

Glad to see you can see the kids' grades now, but now you can't potty train? It must be really stressful to play the sims 4 in this state. :( Just wondering, what does it look like when you try to potty train using an adult? And is anything else broken?

In my old 100 baby challenge, one of my boys were named Caron and one of my girls were named Kailani. In the new one, my third child (and girl) is named Chrysanthemum. Only hard "c" names I had in my challenges so far, XD. I am thinking about using a boy name, Kale, for my "k" child (since my matriarch is having twin boys). It's short for Kalen or Kayle, I guess. Although Kailani and Kale are "k" names, sooo.... I'm rambling, aren't I? XD
    Anyway, here are some boy names: Callum, Craig, Cash (one of my old matriarch's baby daddies, lol), Colin, Connor, Keenan, Keeran, Killian
    Girl names: Carlina, Catherine/Katherine, Chrisanta (variation of Chrysanthemum), Kathryn, Katharine, Caralyn, Cora

Glad to see you can see the kids' grades now, but now you can't potty train? It must be really stressful to play the sims 4 in this state. :( Just wondering, what does it look like when you try to potty train using an adult? And is anything else broken?

In my old 100 baby challenge, one of my boys were named Caron and one of my girls were named Kailani. In the new one, my third child (and girl) is named Chrysanthemum. Only hard "c" names I had in my challenges so far, XD. I am thinking about using a boy name, Kale, for my "k" child (since my matriarch is having twin boys). It's short for Kalen or Kayle, I guess. Although Kailani and Kale are "k" names, sooo.... I'm rambling, aren't I? XD
    Anyway, here are some boy names: Callum, Craig, Cash (one of my old matriarch's baby daddies, lol), Colin, Connor, Keenan, Keeran, Killian
    Girl names: Carlina, Catherine/Katherine, Chrisanta (variation of Chrysanthemum), Kathryn, Katharine, Caralyn, Cora

Yeah anything with a pop up selection is broken, so bathing kids (but fortunately i can do this when they get low hygiene by having theadult click "check toddler" as they'll do it on their own then). Cooking. Going to hospital (I can send the sim alone but can't join them), travelling off the lot, ordering gifts, hiring services, and family trees, all broken anythinng you'd select another sim/item from a pop up menu)

I'll take a screen cap next time but basically I get a giant bright purple dot covering up the screen instead of a menu.

Thanks for the names!!!!

Yeah anything with a pop up selection is broken, so bathing kids (but fortunately i can do this when they get low hygiene by having theadult click "check toddler" as they'll do it on their own then). Cooking. Going to hospital (I can send the sim alone but can't join them), travelling off the lot, ordering gifts, hiring services, and family trees, all broken anythinng you'd select another sim/item from a pop up menu)

I'll take a screen cap next time but basically I get a giant bright purple dot covering up the screen instead of a menu.

Thanks for the names!!!!

Hmm, what are you planning to do about the problem? And are you able to click on anything once the giant dot appears?

You're welcome! :)

Thanks for the names!!!!

Hmm, what are you planning to do about the problem? And are you able to click on anything once the giant dot appears?

You're welcome! :)

I can't click on anything in the menu as the menu doesn't show up, but I can play as normal with the dot on the screen blocking part of it. I can't do anything about it I don't think until I get a new computer, but I can't afford that right now haha. So I just make do with the dot as best I can :)