Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Supernatural Saga

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    @GracieO312 You are not only good at turning it into 'comic book' style graphics, but excellent story telling too!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Kaley_Kale Isn't he? Although I can't take credit as I found him on the gallery (full credit to original creator, of course). I tweaked him ever so slightly though.

@Admiral8Q I'm so happy you're enjoying the story! I'm finding the challenge incredibly cathartic and a really good distraction from life at the moment. Although I'm not too sure where this story is going (I have a rough idea though) I'm thoroughly enjoying writing it. I've had it in my head for such a long time and I feel like I'm finally doing my Sims some justice! :)
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    @Kaley_Kale Isn't he? Although I can't take credit as I found him on the gallery (full credit to original creator, of course). I tweaked him ever so slightly though.

@Admiral8Q I'm so happy you're enjoying the story! I'm finding the challenge incredibly cathartic and a really good distraction from life at the moment. Although I'm not too sure where this story is going (I have a rough idea though) I'm throroughly enjoying writing it. I've had it in my head for such a long time and I feel like I'm finally doing my Sims some justice! :)

How do I find him? I want to download him too lol
    ○*~*Jabari*~*○ by Sky5246star

Enjoy your beautiful sim!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I love that versus pic! By the way, are you using Affinity Photo, Photoshop, or some other software?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    Thank you! Played around for ages with it the other day. It was fun trying to get the sim poses just right!

I'm actually just using a freebie called GIMP. I actually downloaded it and Sims4Studio because I wanted to create my own re-colours in CAS (I was desperately missing CASt) but quickly gave up on that idea. It's been sat unused for months before I randomly started playing around with it a few weeks ago.
    I really like doing these! It took awhile but I think it turned out kinda cool...

Thorne vs. the Mother
    2e9Nu3o.jpg

GracieO312 wrote: »
    Thank you! Played around for ages with it the other day. It was fun trying to get the sim poses just right!

I'm actually just using a freebie called GIMP. I actually downloaded it and Sims4Studio because I wanted to create my own re-colours in CAS (I was desperately missing CASt) but quickly gave up on that idea. It's been sat unused for months before I randomly started playing around with it a few weeks ago.

Wow, I'd heard of GIMP for years, I never knew you could do something that cool with it! You're really good with it too. All of your pics look so cinematic and awesome. ^_^
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    Aw thanks! I really wanted superhero movie poster/lots of marketing type feel to them haha

I made this too with GIMP:
    This picture
    hqshrcc.png
    Plus this picture
    AWlYRyR.png
    Equals this picture
    hZzgeVa.jpg
    It's my new desktop background :smiley:

There's tonnes that you can do with it. It's surprisingly good and it's completely free!
    Chapter Three.

gv4Cg8B.jpg

San Myshuno. Spice District. Four weeks later.
    In the weeks following Officer Caliente’s untimely death, Vincent found himself engrossed in his work. San Myshuno was being consumed by something rotten that was causing misery for its citizens and, after his colleague’s funeral, he vowed that he would put a stop to it.
    He was in the middle of processing another missing Sim case when he received a call from one of his superiors back at the precinct.

BaQiwYO.jpg

“Valentine, you’re needed in Windenburg ASAP. We’ve just had an interesting break in your missing Teen case.” Detective Spencer-Kim reported over the line.
    “Oh? I thought we closed that case four weeks ago?” Answered Vincent, his voice tinged with confusion.
    “Yeah, so did the higher-ups,” she grunted, “but since the daughter’s story is kind of crazy they’ve re-opened the case. Turns out she finally showed up last night in Windenburg of all places,” she paused momentarily, “she was caught distributing and selling plasma packs from the Cut-N-Gut Health Clinic down in Willow Creek. We managed to trace her little operation all the way to Windenburg. I thought maybe you’d like to do the honours of arresting and bringing her in, what d’you say?”
    Incredulous at these developments, he thanked her and promised he would be in Windenburg as soon as he could get there.

The Shrieking Llama was located in the heart of Windenburg’s idyllic countryside. Surrounded by the lush green hills and the low humming sound of the wind turbine farm in the distance, Vincent finally managed to subdue and arrest the suspect. It was no easy task but he managed to finally, after much resistance, slap some cuffs on her wrists.

0XtdVpd.jpg

Returning to the precinct, Vincent walked over to the Booking Station area where the Teen was waiting to be processed. He began to conduct the lengthy administration tasks before they joined Detective Spencer-Kim in the interrogation room.

XSuIuBq.jpg

Unbeknownst to Vincent, the events that transpired during the next few hours were going to change his fate forever.

“This. Here. What you said right here in your statement,” Vincent jabbed a finger at the file he had laid out in front of him, “what in the Watcher’s name are you talking about?”
    He presented the file to her and she stared hard at it.

SOMzWOW.jpg

“Oh,” she said simply and reclined back in her seat. She swallowed hard and turned to Detective Spencer-Kim before she answered him.
    “Yeah, that’s right,” she said defiantly, ”I stole them for my vampire friends. They were running out of plasma packs and asked me to find some for them. One thing led to another and before you know it I had a business. It became pretty popular with some of the Willow Creek locals too and figured it was a decent way to earn Simoleans on the side so I stuck with it,” she shrugged, “it was better than going to school and I got to travel too but I guess that’s all over now, huh?”
    Vincent let out a heavy sigh, baffled by her explanation.
    She’s just some poor kid, he thought to himself as he slowly shook his head. How in SimNation did she end up in a situation like this?

nXbBDTG.jpg

“Vampires?” His voice thick with scepticism.
    She nodded fervently.
    Vincent cast his gaze to Detective Spencer-Kim, whose expression was looking just as doubtful.
    “Look, Mr. Officer, I know you don’t believe me because nobody ever does. It’s true that they exist. Right here in San Myshuno. Probably in all of SimNation, too!”
    Vincent let out a heavy sigh. He was getting nowhere with this one.
    Panicked by his response to her outlandish claims, the girl tried a different tactic.
    “I can prove it!” She suddenly declared to them both.
    “How, in SimNation, can you prove that?” Asked Detective Spencer-Kim, her words laced with curiosity.
    “Please,” she pleaded, “if you drop the charges and let me out of here I can go get it for you.”
    Vincent scoffed at her cheeky attempt at a deal and gave Detective Spencer-Kim a knowing look. She responded with an imperceptible nod of her head.

T2KTXtW.jpg

Despite his disbelief, Vincent couldn’t help but be intrigued by her story. He had to know what this Teen had gotten herself wrapped up in. His instincts were telling him that she was probably their best lead. They hadn’t solved any of the cases so far and there was now no denying that they needed her help. Any help.
    What did she have in her possession that could help prove the existence of vampires? What kind of criminals were asking her to steal plasma packs from hospitals and what did they need it for? What gave her the right to then sell it on the streets to strangers?
    “Alright,” he conceded finally, “I’ll bite.”
    The Teen jumped excitedly in her seat at the prospect of her freedom.
    “However, ” he continued, “what you’re suggesting here is a little...” he rolled his wrist as he searched for the word, “unusual. I think it would be appropriate if you worked with us on this one. How does becoming a Confidential Informant sound to you, huh?”
    The excitement vanished from her face as he stood up to leave.
    @GracieO312 You have me inspired to do the police career now. I'm working on it. A husband and wife, both police officers.
    Sterriph and Keriesha Calhouni.
    I have been working on the house and characters now since I haven't played them for ages.
    Two babies now. Whaaa?
    I guess they've been busy. :D
    K214ZJw.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

That's so great that my thread has inspired you to try something new in the game! This whole save was born out of a similar desire so it makes me really happy that someone else is doing the same too :smiley:

Vincent was the first sim I tried the detective career with too! It's incredibly frustrating/full of glitches and I really don't like some of the design choices (what cop does forensic science lab/field work??? - leave it to the scientists please!!) but all those little annoyances I've managed to poke fun of (very subtly) in my story so it kinda works out, I guess.
    @GracieO312 I posted these screenies in the 'last screenshot' topic. Not sure if you saw them. I gave Sterriph and Keriesha custom police uniforms.
    jU4YRjB.png
    SGWGcm8.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I love what you did it looks amazing. I look forward to hearing about their adventures as sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    edited March 2020
    Your sims look awesome!!

Oh Canada, one of my favourite places on the planet! Really wish I was there right now instead of in the UK!
    Chapter Four.

“Vampires!” Vincent scoffed to himself as he took a sip from his EAPA.
    He made the unusual decision of frequenting a Windenburg bar that night after his shift had ended. He needed some well-deserved R&R after spending the last few hours sat in a cramped and stuffy interrogation room.

Iiy0FNx.jpg

He drained his drink and moved over to the dartboard. Maybe throwing sharp things at a wall would help ease this tension, he thought as he slowly rolled his shoulders to work out a knot.

aZor7vZ.jpg

He recalled the interview he had with ‘Vampire Teen’ earlier that evening. Detective Spencer-Kim, with the Teen’s full co-operation, was able to determine that the ‘proof’ was in fact, ‘a large book full of awesome’. Whatever that meant.
    Vincent couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle. Did she seriously think they would believe vampires were real?
    As soon as he’d finished that thought the room turned icy cold. His breath steamed in front of his face and he shivered uncontrollably. He recognised that as his cue to leave so he threw his last dart carelessly at the board and started for the door. Before reaching it, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the ghost of Officer Caliente embracing another Sim.

hb7dU0r.jpg

He stopped in his tracks and observed them for a brief moment. Maybe if ghosts are real could it also be possible for vampires to exist, too? He recalled the lab technician’s grisly discovery on Caliente’s body. Could the Officer’s death really be linked to vampire activity?

IRTuUtv.jpg

He laughed at the absurdity as he strode towards the exit.

He had just cleared the pub’s threshold when his phone rang in his pocket. He checked the screen before answering it. What did Detective Spencer-Kim have to say at this hour? He groaned as he accepted her call.
    “Valentine,” he grunted.
    “We’ve got it,” she announced excitedly.
    “Could you elaborate on that?” Asked a perplexed Vincent.
    “The book, of course!” Vincent caught a hint of irritation in her voice, “officers searched her place and it showed up. Seems she’s at least telling the truth about that.”
    “It’s a Winterfest miracle,” retorted Vincent dryly.
    When she didn’t respond, Vincent filled the silence.
    “I’ll stop by the precinct on my way home.”

5iZ7QRC.jpg

It seemed like a lifetime for the Evidence department to release the book but eventually, after an hour and a half on the punching bag, it was finally in his possession. Vincent decided that it was probably safer to take it home with him rather than store it in his locker.
    When he arrived in the Spice District, he grabbed a quick samosa from the nearby Indian food stall and sat down at a table. With his curiosity gnawing at him he quickly finished his meal, hurried up to his apartment and gently prised open the book’s ancient cover.
    He immediately regretted his decision.

kaJHuKF.jpg

He couldn’t put it down. He was so engrossed in its dusty, yellowed pages that he spent the vast majority of his evening trying very hard to absorb its contents. None of it made any sense but he was determined to keep reading in case, by some miracle of the Watcher, it began to. He wasn’t entirely sure how it proved the existence of vampires either but it certainly kept him entertained for a few hours.

iF6hMf2.jpg

Frustrated and weary, his eyelids began to droop and he finally closed the cover. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Vincent awoke to the distant sound of wood creaking somewhere in his apartment. Drowsy, he tried to roll over and go back to sleep but something in the back of his mind urged him to get out of bed.

QMb79s6.jpg

Vincent lazily clambered out of bed. Once upright, he slowly turned around to face a shadowy figure that had appeared before him. Shivering, he tried desperately to return to his cozy slumber but the pounding in his head intensified and his ability to stand was diminishing at an alarming rate.

7OCvC6o.jpg

His mind turned blank and his vision started to blur. He tried hard to fight the sensation coursing through his body but he was far too powerless and he eventually succumbed to the mysterious figure.

uglV6Of.jpg

He felt his body relax as the figure inched closer to him. Vincent winced when he felt a sharp scratch on the left side of his neck. Then, as the figure pushed his body away, Vincent’s blurry vision instantly faded to black.

NzDdmfs.jpg

After what felt like an eternity, Vincent finally awoke dazed and disorientated. He inched his body slowly off his bedroom floor and gingerly climbed back beneath the covers. As he pulled the sheets up around his neck, he was completely unaware of the two small holes that now appeared there.

legM1gd.jpg

END OF PART I
    Some more characters...

These are from Levana's backstory (her relations):

Elmyra (Spellcaster)
    SjF8hmh.jpg

Faremis (Spellcaster)
    uHNwtb6.jpg

Ifalna (Spellcaster)
    U8a1hiw.jpg
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Your story has me hooked. Its so creative that it makes me want to go back in to my game and play the detective career. I still can't get over how amazing the characters look with that art style and i'm looking forward to the next part of the story. Keep it coming.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Thank you! I'm working on it :grin:
    VINCENT: PART II

k4wb278.jpg
    With his new promotion to Detective, Vincent is finds himself with many heavy burdens on his shoulders. Still unsure as to whether or not vampires exist in SimNation, he resolves to use his detective skills to find out once and for all.

Chapter One.

A few months had passed since Vincent’s twilight visitor had crept into his apartment. He never fully remembered what happened that night and he wasn’t entirely sure if it even happened. Due to more missing Sims, his caseload increased exponentially which meant that he barely saw his apartment. He took that as a blessing though; he figured if he wasn’t home it meant less opportunities for any more strange night-time hallucinations. Plus, the extra work hours meant more time for Chief Salisbury to take notice of his existence. Eventually, she did and after many weeks of hard graft Vincent finally got his detective badge.
    zFqzfkX.jpg
    He always imagined he would be ecstatic about making detective. Instead, he just felt flat knowing that the only reason he received it was because the SMPD were short on detectives.

The ‘rot’ that had started in San Myshuno was now spreading further and further throughout SimNation. Missing Sim cases were now taking him to places as remote as Oasis Springs.
    FrwXvhn.jpg
    Smaller cities and towns were finding the ever-growing number of cases overwhelming and requested experienced officers from larger cities to help.

Yet another case brought him to an affluent area of Willow Creek. This time it was a female Sim’s husband who’d vanished. She told officers how she’d hoped he was just having an affair with the maid. However, when questioned, the maid admitted she’d never even met the husband. Later, the wife found out that her husband hadn’t shown up to work for three weeks and only then did she think to call the WCPD.
    rHvKA9v.jpg
    As Vincent worked the scene, he considered the most likely scenarios in his head.
    The wife wasn’t telling the whole truth?
    Vincent could sense that she didn’t seem like the type to lie, especially to law enforcement. She clearly needed her husband around to pay the bills as there was no way she would be able to afford this kind of neighbourhood alone without a secret trip to the Motherloders.
    Simoleans. Probably why she panicked so much when he hadn’t shown up to work for three weeks.
    His thoughts drifted to the maid. There was no evidence to suggest an affair and she seemed genuine when she said she’d never met him.
    Dismissed.
    Vincent sighed as he picked up a fingerprint brush and began dusting a nearby painting for prints.
    tGXpjRi.jpg
    “Aliens!” He blurted out to the, what he believed to be, empty room.
    “Er, Sir...” said an officer who was standing right behind him, “you do know there’s no such thing, right?” Bewilderment and a slight hint of amusement were written all over his face as Vincent spun around so fast he nearly knocked the painting off the wall.
    Righting himself, Vincent let out an embarrassed, awkward laugh and turned to continue dusting the painting. After fifteen silent minutes had gone by, he suddenly announced to the officer that it was his break time.
    “I’m done here. You can finish up here, right? Thanks.”
    He placed the brush and powder carefully back into their kit, bagged and labelled the evidence he’d just collected and promptly left the room.

MWAsmIR.jpg
    Whilst taking his break, Vincent enjoyed the blistering Willow Creek sun and devoured his leftover grilled cheese sandwich. He was almost finished eating his meal when a wicked thought wormed its way into his mind and shattered his short-lived serenity.
    Vampires.
    He couldn’t help but think that all these missing Sim cases were somehow related. Cases that seemed completely separate were starting to develop alarmingly similar details. Sims were always disappearing at night, long stretches of little to no contact and very unconcerned family members. The latter bothered Vincent tremendously; it was almost as if they had been brainwashed into not caring at all. His colleague’s suspicious death, the vague memory of what happened in his apartment...
    Vincent nearly choked on his last mouthful and shook his head at his own ridiculousness as his phone blared beside him. He swallowed his food, cleared his throat and answered his phone.
    “Valentine.”
    N239upI.jpg
    “Are you finished with the Willow Creek case, yet?” An officer enquired.
    “Just about finished up here. Witnesses have been questioned, statements recorded and evidence has been bagged and labelled. There’s not much else to do here now so I was about to head back to the precinct and catch up on some things,” said Vincent flatly.
    “Well, it’s just that you’re needed elsewhere, a place called...” Vincent heard the distinct sound of ruffled paper on the other end of the line, “Forgotten Hollow. Never heard of it myself but apparently it’s just outside of Granite Falls.”
    “Granite Falls?” Asked a surprised Vincent, “that’s at least a few hours away from here,” he did some quick travel planning is his head.
    With mental directions confirmed, he resentfully resigned to his work commitments and assured the officer that he was on en route.
    So much for his nice, quiet afternoon catching up on paperwork.
    Oooh, the plot thickens! Looks like things are about to heat up...*fetches the marshmallows*
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    :grin::smiley::wink:
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Love reading this. I come back everyday to see if there is another part yet :)
    Aw you've made my day :) I upload every Sunday (it was Mondays but I changed it!)

Thanks for letting me know you're still interested in my story! It's certainly keeping me busy during this pandemic :tongue:
    edited April 2020
    Learning stuff is fun! I actually read a tutorial today on how to use GIMP properly instead of just messing around like I have been doing :confused:

This technique could prove very useful in the future... :wink:

Kylnz8s.jpg

BZ6tIPb.jpg

Creator meets his creations...
    kZ1pcIk.jpg
    Post edited by GracieO312 on