Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Supernatural Saga

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Maybe we should notify the devs and ask for this officially? haha :wink:
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Wow these are amazing! I really like Zeke, Vincent, Iko, and Nyx. They are beautiful.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    @KiniHokulani Thank you for the compliment and I am glad you are enjoying my content :) That is awesome that you are a K-drama fan too! I completely get what you mean about being addicted. When I am not playing the Sims I am watching a drama - if you do decide to watch one though I highly recommend either W: Two Worlds or Extraordinary You. Good shows!

@fruitsbasket101 Thank you! Vincent (the human version) is up on the gallery and a few others are too but I haven't gotten around to uploading anyone else unfortunately. It's crazy to me to think that I was going to actually delete this save after I played around with the vampires GP - I am definitely more of a realistic player but I was getting frustrated with that gameplay and wanted to try something completely new and somehow it's evolved into this thread! I'm so happy that I kept it now!! :smiley:
    So I have decided to start posting this little story of mine but I want everyone's opinion first if that is OK. Should I continue posting here and just change the title OR do I start a brand new thread in the creative section and put a link to it here in my original post?
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I think you should regard this discussion as your personal space to wow us with your fantastic cartoonized screenshots. And if your story is a cartoon then it perfectly fits here and you don't have to change the title. I mean, we can all still generally discuss how awesome you make the sims look, but if you start hiding in the creative section I don't think you'll get as many people to see it (which they should).
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Love the pictures! They look awesome! :)
    Ok I might do that when I've finished making all my characters/their edits. I haven't really been in game much (I only really go in to make these edits haha)

In the meantime, I made some 'cover art' for Vincent's story. I hope you like and let me know which one you like the most :)

Ai2mHON.jpg

9JA6pv5.jpg

aMJTnyI.jpg
    edited March 2020
    So before I start posting my story here I thought it would be cool to 'introduce the author'. I have a 'legacy' save (it really shouldn't be called that though as I have had the save since 2015 and I am only on gen 2 haha :smiley: ). Anyway, the male 'founder' is a journalist/author so I thought it would be a fun idea to pretend like these stories are actually his. I just thought it would bring a bit of creativity and flair into my saves and tie the two nicely together. He sells them in his wife's florist/now bookstore.

Obviously I haven't cartooned him because he's 'real'. Also any plots holes/things not making sense/grammar mistakes you can blame him haha! No but seriously this is the first time I've EVER written anything like this or had a go at SimLit so... it probably won't be perfect. Also the last time I properly played the first character's story was in 2018 and I never wrote any of my story down so I'm literally going off screens and loose memory here!

So without further ado...

THE SUPERNATURAL SAGA
    ABOUT THE AUTHOR
    XWCsnK7.png
    From accomplished journalist and best-selling author Zack Ryder comes the epic webtoon The Supernatural Saga. Zack currently resides in the rolling hills of Windenburg with his beloved wife, daughter and family dog Maximus. He enjoys taking family vacations and fishing trips to his log cabin in Granite Falls where he writes most of his stories.
    VINCENT: PART I

Ai2mHON.jpg

Officer Vincent Valentine of the SMPD is tasked with uncovering the puzzling disappearances and deaths happening all over San Myshuno and its neighbouring cities. The deeper his investigation gets the more unsettling it becomes and he finds himself caught up in a world he wants no part of.

Chapter One.

Tt8oTmm.jpg

‘San Myshuno: the city bursting at the seams with hopes and dreams’. Well, that’s how the saying goes anyway. Every year tourists flock in droves to shop the Fashion District’s designer boutiques, sample local delicacies at the Spice Festival and visit the city’s famous sights. However, what the tourist brochures don’t mention is is that it’s a city filled with sinister secrets. Sims should never be fooled by the glittering lights of the Fashion District or the towering skyscrapers that sprawl across the hills of Uptown. Those that aren’t careful are likely to end up tangled in its web of lies.

S9lYA1c.jpg

The city does have a dark past, that much is true, but an even darker future awaits if the necessary precautions aren’t taken.

JZqwcOQ.jpg

Having said that, San Myshuno’s future may not be the only thing in jeopardy; the entire fate of SimNation may be under threat one day...

679uhTj.jpg

18:35. San Myshuno Police Department. Interrogation Room 1.

“What do you mean she ‘just vanished’?” asked an exhausted Officer Vincent Valentine of the SMPD.
    He was barely managing to mask his frustration at the suspect sat directly across from him. It was fast approaching the end of his shift and all he wanted to do was go home, order a large pepperoni pizza, watch the comedy channel on television and get an early night. In that exact order.
    “One minute she was sat at home with me and the next thing I know it’s been a month since she showed up to school.” Explained the equally infuriated suspect.
    “Ma’am...” he paused briefly to stop his voice shaking in anger, “you do realise how bad this looks for you, don’t you? Your ex-husband is now pressing charges against you.”
    She took a sharp intake of breath and exhaled slowly before answering him.
    “Yes, I am aware of that fact” she said flatly, “but in my defence she’s nearly a Young Adult now. I’m sure she’ll turn up eventually. She takes after her flighty father, you see. This is totally normal behaviour for her. She’s done it before and now she’s gone and done it again!”
    She gave him a half-hearted shrug.
    At hearing the suspect’s blatant indifference for her daughter’s situation, Vincent’s carefully practised calm crumbled into oblivion.
    “She’s been missing for an entire month and all you have to say is ‘she’ll turn up’?” he yelled incredulously.

qwm4OBE.jpg

He suddenly shot to his feet, snatched up the case notes that were laid out in front of him and tossed them high into the air. Cowering at the rapid change in his behaviour the suspect began to panic and sweat profusely. With his rage released, Vincent coolly sat back down to continue his line of inquiry but his subsequent questions were cut short by a gentle knocking at the door. Vincent excused himself from the table and crossed over to the door.
    The department’s new secretary trembled in the doorway. With her eyes full of fright and trembling bottom lip she began to murmur to him incoherently. Irked at her whimpering, Vincent impatiently interrupted her.
    “Yes? What do you want?” He was simply too tired to try and soothe her.
    Aware of his annoyance she inhaled a shaky breath. Once she had regained her composure she calmly started to explain the reason for her intrusion.
    “Sorry to interrupt your investigation, Officer but...” she began quietly, “I... um... I have come to inform you that there’s been a slight...” she faltered briefly as she searched for the appropriate word, “disturbance in the office. I have been asked to bring you there immediately.”
    Slightly perturbed, Vincent apologised to the suspect still sat in her chair, excused himself from the room and gently closed the door behind him. He silently followed the secretary down the dimly lit corridor towards the offices.

As Vincent approached the office door, he subconsciously knew that things in the San Myshuno Police Department were going to be very different from now on.

edited March 2020
    Another character!

U-Ju (Alien - pronounced 'oo' as in 'ooze')
    jicmrf6.jpg

Edit: one more!

Kai (Mermaid)
    I9ZVWAi.jpg
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Interesting and creative new characters! And you have written the first part of Vincent's story very well! I am curious how it will continue.
    Aww thankyou! It means a lot to me that you enjoyed it and want more. New part should be up on Monday :)

I was looking at my Pinterest pinboard for inspiration and came across another mermaid idea so I immediately went in game and made this sim!

Jessie (Mermaid)
    5RTOl0O.jpg
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Jessie looks really cool, like a pirate mermaid! Looking at her, I imagine that she once was just a pirate but somehow got turned into a mermaid... and imagine the other pirates on the ship don't know about that, maybe she has to hide it from them... I think that would make a very fun story. :)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2020
    @GracieO312 Jessie the pirate mermaid! I love it! Can you upload her to the gallery? I'll have to come up with a second pseudo name. Hmm.
    There's Typhoon Tessie, Harpoon Hanna, Mermaid Minnie...

Javelin Jessie? No. Hmm... Jolly Jessie? Hmm. Jumping Jessie? Maybe! Jarring Jessie, meh, kinda piratey.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Love all the Lunar Chronicle characters!
    @Admiral8Q thank you and I’m glad you like her! She is on the gallery but I might tweak her a bit first then re-upload.

@MicemSims hahah there’s lots of references to things like that book throughout my story (not just names). It’s one of my favourite book series (space princesses are just too cool to me!) There are a lot of Final Fantasy 7, Tomb Raider and Tangled references because I love those stories too. It’s been fun bringing those characters to life in a different way and seeing how they fit in! I feel like my game is an homage to all my fandoms! Plus I’m not that creative with names... :smiley:
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    These cartoon filter pics look amazing! They seriously make me hunger for a graphics mod that gives that effect to the whole game...Then again, I AM a sucker for the cell shaded look on 3D graphics...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    Yeah it makes everything different, it looks like a whole different game sometimes!

I haven't got much story written again because I've been distracted by this amazing, incredible YouTube channel that I found the other day https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL0EGPjl7xAGFpwPVSifrvA
    Please check them out, they're quite a small channel but I thought they deserved some well-deserved attention!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited March 2020
    These look cool. Like the art style in the Batman Telltale series
    maxresdefault.jpg

puzzle_box_1920x1080.0.jpg

Now i want to make simheroes...
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Haha this is awesome! I actually mentioned Telltale in my original post - when I was making my pics I was reminded of The Wolf Among Us and it made me really want werewolves in TS4
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2020
    Like Supergirl and Spiderman?
    TBjApi9.png
    There is actually some well done CC outfits.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Chapter Two.

As Vincent stepped into the office he was greeted by hushed whispering and muffled crying. There must’ve have been every staff member in the entire building squeezed into the office. Cops, lab technicians and even the elusive Chief managed to pack themselves into the cramped space. Confused, excusing himself as he went, Vincent advanced through the crowd. What he witnessed next was as bizarre as it was shocking.

nlnaq4C.jpg

“Such a waste of a cop. It was her first day on the job as well,” remarked Detective Spencer-Kim glumly as she shook her head in dismay.

urHXWhC.jpg

The lifeless body of Officer Nina Caliente lay on the SMPD’s office floor. Trash was strewn all around the victim’s body which partially obscured it from view. Tearing his eyes away for a second, Vincent turned to his colleagues that stood behind him and addressed them.

6cmpQvE.jpg

“Has anyone touched or examined the body?” He asked with slight trepidation in his voice. “We’ll need to examine it quickly before Grim shows up. Did anyone see anything suspicious?”
    Vincent was met with blank looks and sheepish head shakes from his colleagues.
    “I made some cursory observations and determined that the victim was untouched apart from two small holes on the left side of the neck,” a lab technician piped up from behind him. Vincent grunted and nodded in response.
    Before the technician could elaborate any further, a foreboding feeling washed over Vincent’s entire body sending shivers down his spine. The eerie sound of Death’s arrival rang through the quiet office.

LdpOzvr.jpg

They were too late to investigate any further and any chance of examining the body properly was now lost.
    “Should have gathered physical and plasma evidence by now,” a vexed Vincent muttered to himself, inwardly chastising his colleagues.
    If only they had found the body sooner.

Vincent stood shoulder to shoulder with the Grim Reaper as it worked on removing Officer Caliente’s soul. Overwhelmed by the last few days, Vincent gave into his emotions and broke down into manly sobs.

5HXJcnH.jpg

Once the Grim Reaper had collected Officer Caliente’s soul and disappeared back to the Netherworld, he suddenly remembered that the suspect in Interrogation Room 1 was still waiting for him to return.

xDbrT7R.jpg

After composing himself, he made his way over to his superior and asked him for advice on the case.
    “We’ve got nothing on her so we can’t really hold her any longer than we already have,” the detective said matter-of-factly, “the father is just whining and, in all honesty, the mother is probably right; she’ll come back. After all, this isn’t her daughter’s first disappearing act and we’ll probably just tell the father that we’re dropping the case as there’s not much to investigate. Kick her free, Valentine.”
    A disheartened Vincent thanked the detective and returned to the Sim sat waiting for him down the long, dank corridor.
    “We’re done here. You’re free to go,” he said flatly as he stepped into the room.
    The Sim whipped her head round to face him with a confused and startled look upon her face.
    “But you said...” she trailed off once she realised her situation.
    “I know what I said. Go. Now. Before I change my mind.”
    She thanked him and gathered her things. Quickly brushing past him, she disappeared through the door in the blink of an eye.

Once Vincent returned to his Spice District apartment he decided to forgo a night in front of the TV and took a long, hot shower instead. He needed to scrub the rotten Netherworld stench off him as it still clung to his hair and his nostrils. As he stood under the hot water he remembered the sight of the Grim Reaper’s Netherworldly mist billowing around the office and, despite the sweltering steam surrounding him, it chilled him to the bone. Vincent shuddered at the memory and tried hard to push it from his mind.

P2nRgE5.jpg

After drying off from his shower, Vincent collapsed into bed thinking about how exhausted he was and how well he would sleep. However, sleep that night clearly had other plans and it escaped him.
    edited March 2020
    Hope everyone is safe!

I'm spending my isolation making pretty pics again... this time we have a main protagonist vs. main antagonist pic. I'm trying to make a picture that could potentially be forum signature worthy...

I was playing around in my editing software and found that you could blend two images together (this is actually three images) so here is the result!

Vincent vs. Levana
    AdWnzZ6.jpg
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    Zeke is hot