May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims

pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
How do I delete this conversation
Post edited by pinkish on

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    TERRIBLE idea. This would lead to microtransactions very similar to the EXPENSIVE Sims 3 store. Stuff packs are only ten bucks. If you paid even 50 cents for each piece you'd still be paying more! I am very happy with the model of DLC Sims 4 has. I do wish expansions went more in depth because I don't want to see another Island Living situation where they are trying to sell a 20 dollar game pack as a 40 dollar expansion!
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Horrible idea, let's never do it! And by the way EA... I quit Sims Free play because of your video advertising and building to much of the game around microtransactions and if you ruin the Sims 4, I will never buy anything from you again and hopefully no one else will either.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    ??????
    Post edited by pinkish on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'd like this but I there's more build/cas in normal packs than in a stuff pack so might cost more than normal stuff packs. I don't have vampires cuz I don't want them in the game, but if we could buy a stuff pack of just the build/cas and skip game play and the world, for example, for a discount, I'd go for that.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    TERRIBLE idea. This would lead to microtransactions very similar to the EXPENSIVE Sims 3 store. Stuff packs are only ten bucks. If you paid even 50 cents for each piece you'd still be paying more! I am very happy with the model of DLC Sims 4 has. I do wish expansions went more in depth because I don't want to see another Island Living situation where they are trying to sell a 20 dollar game pack as a 40 dollar expansion!
    Lquinn wrote: »
    Horrible idea, let's never do it! And by the way EA... I quit Sims Free play because of your video advertising and building to much of the game around microtransactions and if you ruin the Sims 4, I will never buy anything from you again and hopefully no one else will either.

I wasn't thinking of a sim store, I was thinking more of like stuff packs which contained the build/buy and cas items from each pack. I changed the wording on my original post.

The Sims 3 Store describes the concept that you were talking about. You could buy separate build, buy, CAS, and gameplay objects. It was outrageously priced.
  • Options
    The Sims 3 Store describes the concept that you were talking about. You could buy separate build, buy, CAS, and gameplay objects. It was outrageously priced. [/quote]

I never used the Sims 3 Store I don't want to buy them seperately I would like them to be stuff packs.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I wasn't thinking of a sim store, I was thinking more of like stuff packs which contained the build/buy and cas items from each pack. I changed the wording on my original post.

I get what you mean. I for one would love to buy a stuff pack containing all the bb and cas items from vampires game pack without the gameplay. Like Vampires stuff pack, or Strangerville stuff pack. Devs wouldn't need to put any more work on it and they would make people actually buy more than now. I will never buy Strangerville or realm of magic, but would def buy their bb and stuff items.
    Packed as stuff packs. No gameplay needed at all.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,561 Member
    terrible idea do not went that for the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    While I understand wanting to have the "stuff" portion of GPs/EPs without the gameplay, offering those contents would definitely pave the way for something similar to the TS3 store or the way stuff is currently in Sims Mobile: same content, higher price or same price, less content.

The more they break down content to smaller batches, the more it'll ultimately end up costing for us.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »

I get what you mean. I for one would love to buy a stuff pack containing all the bb and cas items from vampires game pack without the gameplay. Like Vampires stuff pack, or Strangerville stuff pack. Devs wouldn't need to put any more work on it and they would make people actually buy more than now. I will never buy Strangerville or realm of magic, but would def buy their bb and stuff items.

If you can get realm of magic on sale you're probably okay. I don't like occults at all and iddn't get vampires for this reason as they come knocking but ROM I got and haven't seen or heard a single thing about spellcasters in the world as I just never go into the magic portal haha. The other part of the word and some of the build stuff is really nice which is why I got it. Expensive to get for a pack I don't use the game play though lol... It's the same as Island Living mermaids, I've never seen one of them either haha
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,057 Member
    I liked the sims 3 store. I didn't care if I was spending more because much of what I purchased I used a lot.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2020

If you can get realm of magic on sale you're probably okay. I don't like occults at all and iddn't get vampires for this reason as they come knocking but ROM I got and haven't seen or heard a single thing about spellcasters in the world as I just never go into the magic portal haha. The other part of the word and some of the build stuff is really nice which is why I got it. Expensive to get for a pack I don't use the game play though lol... It's the same as Island Living mermaids, I've never seen one of them either haha

I haven't seen any mermaid too :) i heard that sometimes you see some sims flying in their brooms in RoM...? Have you seen it @SimAlexandria ? Usually the bb from occult packs are my favourites.
  • Options

I haven't seen any mermaid too :) i heard that sometimes you see some sims flying in their brooms in RoM...? Have you seen it @SimAlexandria ? Usually the bb from occult packs are my favourites.

No, I haven't seen any brooms at all and my sims even live in glimmerbrook, they just haven't entered the portal part of it. So if it happens it must be SUPER rare... I'm thinking maybe it was a glitch that's been fixed now? No clue but I've just never seen any sign of magic of any type since buying it and living in the town haha.