Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly romance

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

It would be nice if the game could include these possibilities :

• Fake romance for fun, not a serious relationship, just pretend to be in love for laugh. Romance interactions as Funny interactions : Drag, fake kiss (hand between the mouths), ...
  • Friends with benefits, just a friendly woohoo with a very good friend. No "Try for baby" interaction.

Comments

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    First option, I'm indifferent on, not because I dislike it, I just don't see the point? Might be alright for story telling purposes (I guess), but I'd rather get complete improvements to romance overall first. Second option, you mean friends with benefits? That would be a more interesting idea if relationships actually felt like they had weight in this game. What would be the noticable difference between two Sims in a committed relationships and two Sims that aren't, but still do the devil's tango?

Points if you get the reference.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Im also actually more interested in a romance overhaul. As it is it already feels fake.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    If both parties agree to have a fake romance for a laugh that would be ok. Something like that that I feel should be limited to teens and preteens or somebody with the childish or goofball personality trait who is older than a teenager. I like the idea of having some relationships limited to personality traits or age group rather than to all sims.

Friends with benefits would be a fun option for a relationship. I would like to see something like that,

I'd like to see wing person as an action if good friends are hanging out somewhere together. Our sims really need more types of social interactions.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2020
    There is not a ton of Funny interactions to do, "tell a joke" clones are the main interaction.

A few of Self-mockery and laugh about fake situations would be nice.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont understand the point of either especially since you can have friends you sleep with that arent your bf/gf. You can even ask them to be just friends to take off the romance bar without making them upset
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hi,

It would be nice if the game could include these possibilities :

• Fake romance for fun, not a serious relationship, just pretend to be in love for laugh. Romance interactions as Funny interactions : Drag, fake kiss (hand between the mouths), ...
    • Friends with benefits, just a friendly woohoo with a very good friend. No "Try for baby" interaction.

Love this idea.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love a better romance interactions with my couples.