Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we need more lot traits?

My opinion: lot traits can open the game to new situations, new gameplay... so i'ld love to have more to choose. As an example of a lot trait that adds a different way to play the game i'ld point the 'off the grid' one. I'ld love that a 'hotel' lot trait would be added and im open for more of this. Not so much for the skill boosting traits though... What's your opinion?

Do we need more lot traits? 122 votes

Yes, we need more lot traits for gameplay specifics
45%
CK213Jasealan650111SimmervilleMariefoxprice83JestTruglory_joygoodcakebaker62icftlduBearly_MediadavidsaraTeeSeakiwi84Sintheafallenangel66BabykittyjadeblueyblueskyKniga_SitaraFLaurieGirkl 56 votes
Yes, we need more lot traits for skill boost
0%
davina1221 1 vote
Yes, just yes!
37%
bshag4lvalexspoom13IceyJTWSimGamer82CamkatbekiBloosmooMaryVannMeteoraStormilovejewel17Paigeisin5fruitsbasket101VersusVeritastaydevduhboy2u2jineratorDaemonPawsSerendipity38motdkDaravi 46 votes
No, lot traits make the game too easy
4%
BluellePegasysbixtersfiercephoenix91SoftSilk 5 votes
No, just no!
6%
GoldmoldarIcewolfjeepjeepcatBagoas77alanmichael1fullspiralEnnaelPlacebo7 8 votes
Other
4%
LustianiciaSindocatStutumSharoniaCelSimsKimmer 6 votes

Comments

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, we do. Variety is good. More options we have, the better.
    Better to have it and not need it than the other way around.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    I really like lot traits, so I'd sure like more :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think lot traits have more potential than what they've been used for. I like the ones that make gameplay more difficult or weird.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want a haunted lot trait that's actually haunted not just a friendly Casper stopping by for tea 😭😭😭 I don't like lot traits that raises skills i never use them. I would love to have more for strictly gameplay.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    I like the affects that they both add.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, we need more lot traits for skill boost
    I was torn between the gameplay and skills. I don't like upping skills, so this is about the only feature that allows players who don't like that to play as they want. So I think we need more of both. Plus, I change them out. I might need a boost cooking until infants turn to toddlers, then I change the lot traits. This is one addition that is a great improvement to the game.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Other
    I'm okay with what we have, but I wouldn't mind getting more. Lot traits are just not on the top of my wish list. :|
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd like more variety in lot traits.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, just yes!
    Add as many as you can.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I prefer more Sim traits that are in-depth before anything. I honestly don't use lot traits all that much!!
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'd like if they rounded out all the lot traits to include aspects from DLC:

Great Acoustic could include maybe Acting as well.

Fast Internet could include Media Production.

Science Lair could include Robotics.

Bracing Breezes could include Wellness.

Also, Lot Traits like Teen Neighbourhood and University Student Hangout but for the other age groups; Children, Elders, Adult Hangouts.

The ability to customize Outfits for venues. They could open up the customization tools from Restaurants for all lot types, or I guess just add Lot Traits like Clothing Optional (which makes Sims nude)--but instead, for Formal Wear, Party Wear, even Swimming wear for like a Nightclub that isn't the Pool venue type, but features a large pool or hot tubs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Definitely! I love the gameplay ones, they really do sometimes make a difference. Was bummed we didn't get a Spellcaster ley line one with RoM. I think having more Occult-related lot traits could especially compensate for toggles and they could work in both directions. So someone who doesn't want to have Occults showing up anywhere but who still owns packs for the CAS and furniture, they could have "No Occult" zones with lot traits. Likewise, it would be awesome to have a general "Supernatural Presence" or something for ALL Occults to swarm there. There's really so many possibilities even beyond Occult stuff that I think it would be worth pursuing further. For example, they could be a work-around for people who want multi-themed lots. So if you have, say, a "Domestic Habits" Trait, you could create a laundromat with a cafe and Sims would show up to use the laundry machines for the lot trait. Or maybe a "Fine Dining" lot trait that you could add to a Museum so Sims could sit down to eat in a restaurant area. I'd really like to have this kind of crossover play on community lots.

I don't really use the skill traits as much because I hate the sparkling light bulbs that hover over the Sims' heads. If they had left that out and just showed it on the Sim portrait instead, I'd probably use them more, but the effects are invasive to my gameplay and screenshots. It's very unfortunate.
    #Team Occult
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Other
    I don't care really. I don't use them much.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Other
    I don't think we need more, but I'm not against it either.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Other
    I mostly only use lot traits for community lots and am neutral on the amount we have. I wouldn't mind either way, honestly.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    Yup, I for one would love more lot traits. I use them all the time.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think having more Occult-related lot traits could especially compensate for toggles and they could work in both directions. So someone who doesn't want to have Occults showing up anywhere but who still owns packs for the CAS and furniture, they could have "No Occult" zones with lot traits. Likewise, it would be awesome to have a general "Supernatural Presence" or something for ALL Occults to swarm there.

This is a great idea!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I only use the skills-boosters for community lots, since the game is already easy enough for skill boosting. But I'd love some more lot traits that add gameplay or make things more challenging.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    We need a lot trait that bans celebes, paparazzi or both from lots. True, I use a mod for that but I'd like it to be part of the game.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No, just no!
    Rather than new lot traits we need more lot types.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Other
    I would rather prefer more sim traits over lot traits.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @alanmichael1 @Sharonia fair enough.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yes, just yes!
    Yes on lot traits, and I wish we could have more than 3 traits on sims too
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited March 2020
    Other
    Whoah, totally misread the topic.

My choice stands. We could use some, selectively, in packs where they are relevant.

I don't depend too much on Lot Traits, though. Maybe with more variety I would. Hard to say.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Other
    They need to fully flesh out Off the Grid before they add anything else.