Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are you guys going to let players join each others game?

123457...Next

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    TS5 online would be the current disaster on steroids. We neither need nor want computer gaming's version of the Edsel.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yeah, at first I thought that if TS5 is on the Unreal Engine that multiplayer might not be so bad, but then I remembered that when I play the Borderlands series, it has a long loading time at the beginning because it has to connect to the server and look for new downloads or updates. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even when that particular game is finished and has all of it DLCs. And it is ONLY AT THAT TIME when checking with the servers is finished, can I go offline to play single player.

I also recently downloaded two MMOs, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Lord of the Rings Online because they were offering a whole bunch of quest packs free for each. It takes FOREVER to download the games. And it also takes FOREVER to download updates for each of them - which are frequent! So I can only imagine that happening with a multiplayer TS5 as well.

Oh yeah, also with Lord of the Rings which is the more popular of the two, you have to wait in line to connect to the servers. At one point, I couldn't get in and it said that the servers were full. It only showed the "Quit" button at that point. So you know what that meant? That meant I had to restart the game, have the game check AGAIN for any updates (when I had just done so just before), login and AGAIN wait in line to be connected to the server.

So yeah, not excited about TS5 being multiplayer and having to connect to a server all the time....