Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 World Overhaul (gemchiara)

I've decided, like many before me, to attempt and remodel the Sims 4 world to be cohesive and continuous. I'm going to try and remodel or rebuild every lot (I may use some previous builds of mine if I think it may work), as well as edit all the Townies in game and add new families to the mix.

I'm starting this thread to share my builds and households with you all. If anyone has succeeded in doing this before, I'd greatly appreciate any advice you may have! My Gallery username is @gemchiara if anyone is interested at seeing any previous builds and I hope you join me along the ride!

Happy simming!

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing. What kind of style(s) are you going for?
  • gemchiaragemchiara Posts: 97 Member

I'm sticking to the style for each world. So as follows (I know you didn't really ask ahaha, but here you have it!):
    Willow Creek: Antebellum, Colonial, Victorian, Shotgun architecture
    Oasis Springs: Modern and Adobe/Spanish Revival
    Newcrest: A mix but mostly suburbans, cottage style and a few modern colonials
    Magnolia Promenade: Putting it off because I HATE IT
    Sulani: Tropic, a few colonials and moderns
    Windenburg: Tudor, Contemporary, a few industrial and rustic homes
    Brindleton Bay: a LOT of Cape Cods
    Del Sol Valley: mostly mid-century with a few spanish revivals thrown in
    Brichester: British AF
    Selvadorada: is Selvadoradan an architecture style? (Though I'm working on a large treehouse)
    Glimmerbrook: Storybook
    Forgotten Hollow: Gothic and Victorian
    Strangerville: Westerns and I've thrown in some mid-century because desert and i just love them
    Granite Falls: Rustic

How about you??
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    I've been mid world redo too but I haven't gotten much done yet p_p

just keep having grand ideas I am too lazy to build

I definitely go more by areas than worlds though like i could have 3 completely different areas in one world in completely different time periods and styles
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    From what I've seen of Glimmerbrook (I haven't got the pack) it's really more Art-Nouveau than anything. Just a Google image search for Art-Nouveau architecture will get you some amazing examples, if you're looking for inspiration.

For Magnolia Promenade, I got rid of everything and built a bunch of Pall Mall / Piccadilly style clubhouses. (Then I created a bunch of vampires to head up the clubs that would occupy said clubhouses. Because vampires don't die, so their clubs won't either.) Basically, Georgian townhouses.

I also did a thing once where I redid all the buildings in the Windenburg harbour in the Greek Revival / Neoclassical style.

Have you thought of the Art Deco style? Seems like it might be a good fit for Del Sol Valley.
    Xinqun wrote: »
    From what I've seen of Glimmerbrook (I haven't got the pack) it's really more Art-Nouveau than anything. Just a Google image search for Art-Nouveau architecture will get you some amazing examples, if you're looking for inspiration.

For Magnolia Promenade, I got rid of everything and built a bunch of Pall Mall / Piccadilly style clubhouses. (Then I created a bunch of vampires to head up the clubs that would occupy said clubhouses. Because vampires don't die, so their clubs won't either.) Basically, Georgian townhouses.

I also did a thing once where I redid all the buildings in the Windenburg harbour in the Greek Revival / Neoclassical style.

Have you thought of the Art Deco style? Seems like it might be a good fit for Del Sol Valley.

I do love the Art Nouveau features the the Realm of Magic pack brought us however there's something about Storybook houses I find so intriguing so I'm building those with some Art Nouveau aspects. I just find that with the trims and roof trims particularly that we have available it's hard to build the Art Nouveau style homes I want to do, plus, I find that some Art nouveau-style cottages look a bit weird. I've yet to tackle Glimmerbrook yet though so I guess I'll see when I get to it!!

As for Art Deco, I'm just such a fan of Mid-Century residential architecture I couldn't resist!!!

And the Neoclassical idea for Windenburg sounds lovely!!! Would have never thought to put those there but I can totally see it. And turning Magnolia Promenade into central London is brilliant! Hahaha
    edited April 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I've been mid world redo too but I haven't gotten much done yet p_p

just keep having grand ideas I am too lazy to build

I definitely go more by areas than worlds though like i could have 3 completely different areas in one world in completely different time periods and styles

Ah, that's smart! Guessing it allows you to have more creativity if you're sticking to areas. I've done a similar thing in worlds like Willow Creek so each architectural style is prevalent in a particular neighbourhood but they're all kinda similar haha

Good lukc with your builidng! Hopefully in this lockdown area you'll have some time to bring your ideas to life.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    gemchiara wrote: »

I'm sticking to the style for each world. So as follows (I know you didn't really ask ahaha, but here you have it!):
    Willow Creek: Antebellum, Colonial, Victorian, Shotgun architecture
    Oasis Springs: Modern and Adobe/Spanish Revival
    Newcrest: A mix but mostly suburbans, cottage style and a few modern colonials
    Magnolia Promenade: Putting it off because I HATE IT
    Sulani: Tropic, a few colonials and moderns
    Windenburg: Tudor, Contemporary, a few industrial and rustic homes
    Brindleton Bay: a LOT of Cape Cods
    Del Sol Valley: mostly mid-century with a few spanish revivals thrown in
    Brichester: British AF
    Selvadorada: is Selvadoradan an architecture style? (Though I'm working on a large treehouse)
    Glimmerbrook: Storybook
    Forgotten Hollow: Gothic and Victorian
    Strangerville: Westerns and I've thrown in some mid-century because desert and i just love them
    Granite Falls: Rustic

How about you??

I have been researching architecture these past few days and I think I want to try combining different styles and trends.
    I've only really thought about Willow Creek so far, but I want to do Victorian homes but the decor will be of the 1980s (actually I want all of the worlds to be of the 1980s style wise, but architecture wise it will vary). I think I'll have different style Victorian homes in the different neighborhoods. So the Queen Anne style might be in one neighborhood, while the Italianate will be in another.
    Brindleton Bay - I'm thinking Dutch and German Colonial
    Newcrest - either Bungalow or Craftsman. I want Newcrest to be a university/working town.

I really want to create lots based on hanoks but I might save that for my fantasy save.

That's as far as I've thought. I have trouble building from scratch so right now I'm just renovating the current lots to fit the style, and using official house plans as a guide.