August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Midnight - The Sims 4 Story. *Updated 25-07-20*

Greetings, fellow simmers!
Allow me to take a moment of your time to present you my story:

UXL4Gk6.jpg

Synopsis: Follow the adventures of a vampire
who has awoken in a new, unfamiliar world.
The journey will not be an easy one and will present
many difficult questions both for him and for you.

This version of the story is censored and is SFW, but it has themes that may not be suitable for certain viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

WARNING - the story contains spoilers for Strangervulle storyline.

ADVICE - I recommend opening images in new tabs to zoom in. To do so, right click the image you wish to read and select "open image in a new tab". You will be able to zoom in to original full size.

NOTE - The version of the story presented here is censored. For the original, uncensored version, send me a message or find my work and either Archive Of Our Own or DeviantART
Prologue
2iuxFnA.jpg
kuq7h2Z.jpg
l93MwP1.jpg
KubZzj3.jpg
Chapter 1
SEsU7H1.jpg
img]iiY7c4u.jpg
kkA0nC0.jpg
sKJrFeA.jpg
Interlude
IgnHot9.jpg
mm5X0mh.jpg
Chapter 2
qAPXoDx.jpg
noUBmkW.jpg
083PpJ4.jpg
WUot7w4.jpg
KmkdTJ3.jpg
e1xAveI.jpg
2WaOtNL.jpg
G0m6s5m.jpg
hMq7JoU.jpg
hNQcIVG.jpg
pBhdZnV.jpg
FvCwnJt.jpg
p8DE9Lc.jpg
uCLJz7p.jpg
tDHakCr.jpg
Interlude
JDM9uOl.jpg
ggmr9Iv.jpg
wBnF0zC.jpg
Chapter 3
X6Pab3n.jpg
bmQZlbS.jpg
EbKaADU.jpg
SEzBYsb.jpg
zCAamF5.jpg
K8ltjAH.jpg
HUmZW43.jpg
IKawncO.jpg
LFOXN7A.jpg
cEo5eRJ.jpg
Interlude
d87C9iT.jpg
2vE2T5r.jpg
Chapter 4
8EftRwX.jpg
WqCNRn7.jpg
G54PfDW.jpg
FJdUqtD.jpg
wEm02SU.jpg
IB9WD4t.jpg
MM30o3s.jpg
uPvJdJj.jpg
ZWNgyKJ.jpg
9zakxdJ.jpg
Interlude
pSzz1Pu.jpg
yzrfWSR.jpg
VwXO2Eq.jpg
EbYKFE5.jpg
Chapter 5
WvlJCTk.jpg
1SFL4Yd.jpg
CiH3eM0.jpg
eDxcmBE.jpg
SPTGVbp.jpg
Vx5ppAd.jpg
D8dlHeY.jpg
7TYOM4v.jpg
UtNAZiM.jpg
Yn5eVMT.jpg
Interlude
PHqfuzy.jpg
AX4y2wQ.jpg
Chapter 6
hmXDAAz.jpg
houKWKJ.jpg
Pm79iQc.jpg
j77r7UU.jpg
k8Foc1h.jpg
Zv9a0uA.jpg
rk4jlga.jpg
AQoBDkP.jpg
D1Cy35r.jpg
k52K9OF.jpg
3wK0JhR.jpg
FW4Cxqw.jpg
Qyeqg9d.jpg
4iAIXDi.jpg
Interlude
WpGKzdV.jpg
ZYXW4xE.jpg
Chapter 7
tTPR2ZT.jpg
NT7wue2.jpg
xQi2IPo.jpg
QwglJef.jpg
zMqHbxF.jpg
qKSnZMS.jpg
FsOl3uT.jpg
Interlude
xjutxCD.jpg
m92RWfA.jpg
Chapter 8

NOTE - this version of the chapter is heavily censored
and is not considered to be the true way to experience it.
For original, uncensored version, message me or find my work at
Archive Of Our Own or DeviantART,

REQUEST - if you are interested in providing feedback on this chapter,
please specify which version have you read. Thank you.

wMiuCQq.jpg
HE97ps1.jpg
lBH4xyU.jpg
zkLcsZ0.jpg
PGVQ2te.jpg
UvyzyA7.jpg
hj8sr4W.jpg
sDx3uqB.jpg
cQosfL2.jpg
nXczjGD.jpg
uQfJf18.jpg
z94ClLx.jpg
mZ2Fqm8.jpg
Interlude
EPfNX0f.jpg
gUhdFQe.jpg
Chapter 9
4uEFUmo.jpg
nCvootw.jpg
UiYQZ9G.jpg
XeE9O8F.jpg
623CEjp.jpg
OFEDNe7.jpg
0a1GvOZ.jpg
2B5XkBC.jpg
FV9vZTb.jpg
AVm18yY.jpg
3QaxTX1.jpg
9yDheUP.jpg
3u0B3To.jpg
Interlude
4wBn5qJ.jpg
YjKie8K.jpg
Credits
SLlPsee.jpg

I'm fully aware that the pages are gigantic - my eyesight is terrible, so forgive me for that.

Be most welcome to comment and ask questions :smile:

I hope you'll enjoy it! Happy Simming!

Post edited by ArcherDK on
njWUX0V.jpg

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @ArcherDK I just finished the prologue. This is awesome! I know what I'm going to be reading tonight! :lol:
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 642 Member
    @15aewar Most gracious. I hope you'll have a good time :)
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    @15aewar Most gracious. I hope you'll have a good time :)

That was really, really good! Sooo so good! It was like watching a movie. :)
    @15aewar I don't deserve such a praise, but I'm glad that you've enjoyed it! :)
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 373 Member
    I loved your story. Thank you for the enjoyment, I was sorry to get to the end.
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    I loved your story. Thank you for the enjoyment, I was sorry to get to the end.

Thank you for your kind words :)
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • QueenAbi98QueenAbi98 Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow! ive just finished this whole thing, its absolutely incredible. i was hooked the whole time. Have you got more or making more?
    edited April 3
    @QueenAbi98 I'm glad that you've enjoyed it and had good time :)

About your question - it took me half if a year to make what you've read, so I'm a little bit exhausted.
    So - no, right now I have nothing more and am not working on more.
    BUT - the structure of the story does allow for addition of new chapters, so the possibility of more is very very real. It's been a work of passion and I'll not give up on it that easily. There are no plans for sequel, though.If I'll make more, it's going to be added to this story.

And just to tease you - I do have a decent idea in my mind that I'm brainstorming over,
    but it is exactly that - am Idea. Nothing is filmed, nothing is written, nothing is set in stone, but it's there.

Basically, don't hold your fingers crossed for something today or tomorrow, but one day - very likely.
    If I stumble upon a good idea - I'll consider. I hope that answer will satisfy you.
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 626 Member
    I am so glad I stumbled on your story! I'm at the Prologue and its trippin! And I'm beating myself up for glancing at the comments and while there aren't spoilers, there's hints! D: But I'm just going to ignore that and immerse myself!
    @mercuryfoam This is why I have that banner and a link under each or my posts- so that more people can stumble and, hopefully, enjoy themselves.

I hope you will have a good time as well :smile:
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 647 Member
    I loved the story! <3
    Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear.
    I am the mask you wear, it's me they hear.
    My spirit and your voice, In one combined.
    The Phantom of the Opera is there... Inside your mind..
    @Ellupelluellu I'm glad you've enjoyed it :)
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 4,897 Member
    Love your work here and on ArchiveOfOurOwn.
    Nush: u like sushi /nuʃ/: they/them Like a pretzel, twisted and salty, and you can bite me. XD

6mwZaSU.jpg?1
    @Nushnushganay Most gracious :)
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • ElkElk Posts: 14 New Member
    Awesome, absolutely love this!
    I’m going to put comments for wherever I stop at so I know where I’ve paused and can pick up from there! :lol: I hope you don't mind that. The last time I read til Interlude 1 And then my internet became too lousy for pictures and I forgot the storyline. So here's me rereading hehe! :smile:

Chapter II Realisation
    Elric’s methods are extreme and coercive, but my thoughts are that he was merely using the resources available to him (his powers, strength and stealth) to take down the Mother Plant. It’s not like he’s an excellent hacker who can obtain information or duplicate the keycard. So, I didn’t think he was being a tyrant at all, although my view point also credits the argument that he has only known violence and thus uses violence to get his way. So his points are just as valid. Nevertheless, people (and me) will shut an eye to that because there is urgency in defeating the mother plant. So we’re not as critical to his methods as he is of himself.

I guess it’s good that he is self-reflective and is willing to take time to reassess himself, but he shouldn’t be too hard on himself. He doesn’t come across as self-critical, only displayed a bit of heightened emotions in the last panel about himself. Personally I hope he doesn’t self-isolate too long because company helps with understanding oneself. Just as he did with Caleb and Lilith :smile:
    @mercuryfoam Read at your convenience :) I'm glad to entertain.

About your points:
    My hope when I included the whole Strangerville story was to present it in a much darker way. That it is a genuine crisis and it needed to be solved right then and there. As for people judging Elric, this was a deliberate and anticipated reaction. Lilith decking him in the face was basically a reaction of some readers. "What are you doing?!". In fact, this was the first moment when Elric realizes that even his own kind begin to detest him. The point about tyranny is that he would become one. Perhaps a better one that the tyrants of old, but sill a tyrant. And he HATES tyrants. In the old days he was considered to be a decent guy, as there was far, FAR worse people. But now they're all gone. What that makes him?

I think Elric in chapter 2 is more concerned about the fact that he didn't notice sooner. But the whole "Don't be hard on yourself" will come later.

I appreciate your opinion and feedback. You have my thanks :)
    3 more chapters are under making. 7th is almost filmed, 8th is in progress and 9th is...a bit far off. But I have plans in motion.

njWUX0V.jpg
    @ArcherDK
    Ah.. That is true! Just as corporal punishment was accepted in the olden days due to more extreme form of punishments, this day and age it is akin to abuse. I get it now!

I don't know about Elric chiding himself for not realising sooner, he's wise to have realised it as soon as he did imo. :smiley:

There is a video coming soon?! I'll def catch up in my reading! :smiley:
    @mercuryfoam
    Forgive me, I must elaborate. Not video, but more chapters to this story in the same style. I should call 'filming' 'shooting'. AS for the reading, please take your time. I'm not gong to release new chapters one by one. Instead it will all be in a bulk, just like the story was released in the first place. The only thing I can tell is to disregard the finale. I'll make a new one. Otherwise, you're in no hurry :-)
    njWUX0V.jpg
  • pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    I started reading this a while ago but it took me a while to get to the end - just finished reading everything you've posted so far! Very well done!

Interesting that Kelly chose to be a human in chapter 3 after seeming so interested in the vampire lifestyle, also given that she was rejected by her mother who is a human. After all Elric and Lilith has done for her, why would she choose to be a human?

Also, did Lana come back to visit Elric in Chapter 5 with the intention of trying to get back together with Elric? Elric was very quick to push her out the door after her visit... Could it be that he has been in love with Serena in all of the 16 decades he has known her?

49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
    edited May 28
    @pinot_grigio You're too kind :-)
    This is a big question that the chapter asks of a reader. What would you pick? A chance for a new life or 3 friends who were there for you in your lowest moment? Kelly chose first. I wouldn't say that she was truly interested in becoming a vampire, but she seriously did consider an option. It was more that she was at peace with being a dhampir.

Lana wanted to apologize. She did to Elric EXACTLY what other men has done to her for EXACTLY the same reasons. He pushed her out not because he was in love with Serena - this is something that wasn't even considered until chapter 6. No, he did it because he is hurt over it. He thought she cared. In fact, his response was a lot more generous than my would be. I wouldn't even open the door. Elric made a mistake, plain and simple. He thought Lana was better that this. Another question that my story asks of my readers - Would you forgive a broken heart?
    njWUX0V.jpg
    Interlude 1

This has been such a relaxing read. I laughed at the 2nd panel. I can never tell if he's being sarcastic. hehe.
    Oof he sure knows how to indulge. Thats good he deserves some good his way. He is a hero albeit unsung.
    @mercuryfoam
    If you mean the one where he means Lilith - nah, he's not sarcastic.
    If then one right after strangerville - interlude 2 - when he was talking to the mystery man on the phone - yep, he snarked. But overall he was too upset to care. As for his house - yeah that one was nice.
    njWUX0V.jpg
    @ArcherDK Chapter 3 is pulled at my heartstrings! :/
    Oops yes I meant Interlude 2 when he was talking to the mystery man. He’s funny. It can be made very subtle depending on the tone so I’m not surprised the mystery man didn’t catch it. But for a reader it’s obvious haha!

I get the feeling that Elric doesn’t want to get too attached to Caleb and Lilth. Is there any particular reason? Or its not Caleb and Lilith per se that he doesn’t want to get attached to, but everyone. Is it because he’s lived too long and they’ve all gone so he doesn’t want to live through the pain of losing someone? In line with the theme in Chapter 3, he got attached to Kelly but she chose to forget him. That’s so sad. At least Lilith and Caleb has each other. He could always reach out to them but he’s got his own demons to fight. :(

I also feel sad that Kelly had no last words for Elric. I was expecting Lilith to pass some sweet words. But Kelly is a teenager who’s distraught and unhappy with herself so she might have forgotten in the moment. I suppose they can always meet up again and befriend each other but sigh.

I’ve been meaning to ask is the lady in the red dress Bella Goth? She’s so pretty! :o<3

All in all I guess it was an upgrade to the company he kept, even if it didn’t last. (I’m assuming because the women he invited over have no names and they seem like they’re there for the nice house and amusement, I bet if he didn’t have those they’d bail out!)
    edited May 30
    @mercuryfoam
    That was the intent, yes. But, just like everything else, it is left for readers to interpret.

You see, the logic is that while Lilith and Caleb are vampires they are so different that real attachment is very. very difficult. They see world very differently. Add to the mix the fact that Elric doesn't have to live like he used to and you get a recipe for issues. They all want to get along, but it is a gargantuan task. This issue will come up later in chaoters i'm working on right now. It's not that he's afraid of losing someone, it's more that he doesn't completely understand what does it mean to have someone and for there to be no danger to this bond, if that makes any sense.

As for Kelly, Elric can relate to her. They both suffered the same injustice and he simply thought that he can do better. You may interpret his reasons as you see fit, but he wanted Kelly to join him. Life has not been kind to either of then. At least Elric could make sure that undeath is.

Kelly's choice and overall tone of the chapter presents a very real question to the reader. What would you take - a chance to return to normal life or to keep 3 true friends? Think about it. It is a very, VERY difficult choice. As for her words - yeah, she simply got overwhelmed. It was too much to take. She made the choice she thought right and chose to pay the price.

Yes, it is my makeover of Bella Goth. Just an appearance.

GDO9Ndf.png

As for your last point - you'll see.
    Post edited by ArcherDK on
    njWUX0V.jpg