Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone ever had sims they didn't purposely kill in the Sims 4 die?

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2020
    In the early period of my playing TS4 (aging on; no mods); most of the Sims in Willow Creek died from old age. Past couple years--aging off; MCCC. It used to be; I always had my Sims flagged in MCCC to not die under any circumstances; but as of late, I've not been doing that to add a bit more realism; and risk to the game. Only one so far--died from hysteria when they got a little too worked up during a festival in San Myshuno. Contrast that to TS2; when I had a Sim die within the first five minutes of playing the game.

The other three or four--all due to messing around with MCCC's "Kill Sim" options or something else.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    I set up things plenty as I play with a story usually however I have had sims die of old age, I don't really get emotional deaths with or without mccc I just have of habit of checking moods I send playful sims to bed or to the mirror to calm down, but typically mine just chill out on their own. One accidental death I can remember that I shared on a different thread was when Cassandra Goth and Diego Lobo were happily married with four kids I believe he was getting ready to go to work cause the kids were at school but he wasn't in the house. She was doing laundry, it was a small area so the machines were in the computer room on the other side of entrance and a laundry fire started, I made her leave cause I had the sprinkler system and the fire appeared to go out when she came back in it spread to some decoration then she caught fire and it was out again she was stuck glitched and I could only reset her which of course killed her because she'd been frozen just on fire.

That reminds me of another goth incident from ts3 when I bothered with it, it was being it's usual glitchy self while Gunther was having a party with his new wife and their kids with some friends. There was a lagging ball of fire for minute and I was going to close out then while I moved the camera I saw that Alex and drowned in the pool I only had a few sims there but he couldn't get out even though everyone was inside. Yep...things happen.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    A couple of times. When I was starting my test of Realm of Magic, it was storming. She got hit with lighting once when I was trying to get to the gateway, and then a second time before she got back to the house... Yeah, I didn't keep that save...

Most recently I had a sim die of hysteria. It was my fault, I was trying to get the "paint three emotional paintings" step done, and had too many good decorations in the art studio so when I had her eat whichever of the emotional berries it is that makes you playful, it worked a little too well. Fortunately, it was (a different) house of spell-casters and they were able to bring her back with a quick application of necrocall and dedeathify.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My very first sim cooked hamburgers and died while I was afk. Other than that, no. All deaths have been me allowing sims to do things in the most dangerous way and not stopping the death happening.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've had sims freeze to death a few times and also in university I witnessed a random townie die while playing with the robot machine.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    I can't recall anyone die from other reason that old age. My save is 5 years old, so I might have forgotten someone though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I grew tired of emotional deaths in my game so got a mod long before my Sims could freeze to death. No Sim dies in my game unless I turn on aging and an elder passes away of old age. I use a mod to avoid death in my game. No one freezes or gets electrocuted. No emotional deaths since I got the mod. If the rocket crashes my Sim does not die. There is already too much death in real life. I don't want death in my game which is my escape from the real world.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I've had sims freeze to death a few times and also in university I witnessed a random townie die while playing with the robot machine.

Oh yes, lots of townies dying to weather or the robot workstation etc, but I'm not controlling them.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've had a bunch of environmental deaths from heat and cold, as well as a few Pufferfish Nigiri deaths. Oh, and fire. Lots of cinders in those kitchens.

I don't count old age. Grimmy comes for them all eventually.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Nope. I've had Sims die of old age (although that always seems to take forever), and Sims die that I put in effort to kill. That's it. I've seen posts talking about various emotional and accidental deaths, but I've never had it happen in my game.
    Well, I did see ONE NPC die in a fire, but just that one and none of my own Sims.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Nope. I've had Sims die of old age (although that always seems to take forever), and Sims die that I put in effort to kill. That's it. I've seen posts talking about various emotional and accidental deaths, but I've never had it happen in my game.
    Well, I did see ONE NPC die in a fire, but just that one and none of my own Sims.

I've never had a sim die an emotional death that was not initiated. I've egged on angry sims to cause the cardiac explosion death, and I enjoy walking into a crowded bar and casting Burst of Anger, but never such a thing on its own.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    My sims are invincible lol.

I can't even get them to die deliberately, never mind accidentally.
    My sims are invincible lol.

I can't even get them to die deliberately, never mind accidentally.

Really? Go jogging on a hot day.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Luxury wrote: »
    yep, a few days ago actually. My father of four died of Hysteria after boohooing with his wife then talking to his daughter. Had to reload my game because that wasn't what I planned on happening in my storyline.

It doesn't happen a lot in my game tbh

Took me way too long to realise that you didn't mean he was crying with his wife about something (boohooing) lol!

thats auto correct for you man smh
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Only if old age. My sims travel in pairs and always have at least 5 death flowers!
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Almost all of my sims die of old age, that's kinda boring, but I don't want to force death..
    One of my sims froze to death as an adult, I guess I could have saved her, but I went with it. Another sim died in a fire recently. He started burning twice because de was dumb I think, so I did not save him^^
    Oh and a sim I just made, died first night when she wanted to use the murphy bed. I restarted her, because I was playing her for only 15 minutes 🤣😅
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Back when I first got the game I had a sim die of hysteria. I was so confused when it happened cause I didn't know it was a thing at the time. Restarted from a previous save after that.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I started two games tonight. Both ended on the first night when my Sim tried to open the Murphy bed. She died even after upgrading it when she reached Level 3 handiness.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I started two games tonight. Both ended on the first night when my Sim tried to open the Murphy bed. She died even after upgrading it when she reached Level 3 handiness.

You need level 8 handiness to do the unbreakable upgrade and be safe from death :)
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I think I'm either cursed with good luck, or am a control freak. I've had sims get burnt, frozen, shocked and very emotional in S4, and only two have died. One from getting struck by lightening twice, and the other from freezing when I was testing autonomy (not controlling my household), because they were molding the clay outdoors in winter. I've had no emotional deaths, and although I've set many things on fire (owing to the incense burner rather than stove), still no burning deaths.

I play with vampires, but always seem to get them inside before they burn up, or the weather changes if I haven't realised. It was like this with Sims 3 too - I set things on fire, got shocked, but nobody died for a long time. I do find s4 a lot safer though, as I'm someone who enjoys the risk (though I do quit without saving sometimes... 🙄).
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm actually shocked at the amount of "accidents" people have had. I could only wish.

I've literally had THREE sims die that I wasn't expecting (with over 1000 hours game play time). If I don't intervene, it's all old age deaths. I would like it to be more exciting but it just isn't the case in my game. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Very rarely. I try to keep all my sims as alive as possible, so most of the deaths I see are old age, but every now and then there's some kind of accident.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes. About 3 years ago one of my favorite sim accidentally died, so I quit the game without saving & then went back into the game @ an earlier save to prevent my sim from dying again. It worked.
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    Not that I recall. Many of my sims have died of old age, but none accidentally/unexpectedly .
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.