Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premade sims/houses/worlds overhaul

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This is something I think is possible. I remember when SIms 4 was released Johnny Zest had his name wrong (Zest Johnny) and the devs easily edited the "base save file" to edit his name. I think there's such a thing like a base save file, because our save files list always start after number 2, so the number 1 could probably be the main save file that the game always copies before we start playing. Anyway... What I think should be overhauled?
Well, last year when they announced the branding overhaul, a simguru said that they were including the new sims in the game and we should get worried, because we coudl always find the old ones in the gallery, and I saw a bunch of simmers thinking that they would remove premade families from the "base save file" and add new ones, to refresh the game. I do think Sims 4 needs some fresh faces walking around, but there's no need to remove the pre-existing families.
What I would suggest was an evolution of all premade families, like what happened between Sims 1 and Sims 2, but it doesn't need to be 25 years later. Maybe just a couple of weeks in the futures could be interesting already. As an example:

The Base Game:
Add premade maids (one male, one female... Kaylynn Langerak, please), and other premade npcs to fill the jobs, Because the game generated ones are a bit annoying. Devs could, as an example, add Florence Delarosa from Sims 2 Bluewater Village as a gardener and add a description to her saying that she's gathering money to start her business (hinting to her Sims 2/Sims 4 future).

For Willow Creek:
Spencer-Kim-Lewis: Dennis Kim and Vivian Lewis could've passed away, Olivia Kim-Lewis could've turned into a teen;
Lothario: Don and Katrina broke up after she caught him cheating on her with Zoe Patel, then he decided to move to Willow Creek (update his clothes and hair to look more like his Sims 2 version);
BFF household: The BFF house could've a feud going one with Travis dating Liberty Lee and Summer Holiday moved out and is their enemy or something;
Caliente-Bachelor: Nina and Dina also decided to move to Willow Creek (because they secretly missed their crush Don), Dina meet an elderly Michael Bachelor and married him with his fortune in mind, since he's a famous retired football player.
Purdue: they could add Ollie Purdue, his sister Cassidy, and his wife Babs L'Amour, but they also had 3 kids in the trailers... A twin couple and a newborn baby, their female kid could also be named Cecilia, after Cecilia Goth, hinting that Cecilia Purdue is actually the future wife of Alexander Goth (having them as best friends);
Pancakes: the devs could add Iggy Pancakes in-game, as we don't have any toddlers in-game I think, and add more to Eliza Pancakes to further extend her storyline created by the community, where she's evil and could be secretly dating with Don Lothario. Also, preset Erwin Pries as her brother, and add their elderly parents alive or as ghosts.
Goths: Cassandra could've turned into a young adult, Alexander is still a kid, but Mortimer is almost an elder and Bella dissapeared, maybe the Caliente sisters and Don Lothario could've moved to Willow Creek and he's starting to date Cassandra, hinting to Sims 2 storyline.
Charming-Bones: Add a Sims 1 family to the game, as a special thing for the 20th anniversary (since the nathtub was a fiasco). I have her in my game, but I'm playing with MCCC story progression and she married Davey Bones, he's a sim from Sims 4 gallery. It was autonomously, but its such a funny thing. She had a dog and his surname is bones, like... hahaha Also, they for such a cute pair. I would suggest just to remove his pirate clothing/face paint as a bunch of people would be complaining. They could have a kid too, I don't know if Luna (Claire's dog) would be alive... Maybe add hints that she passed away, or add her only if the player has Cats & Dogs installed.
Expanding on this cross-pack tying, I would like to suggest that some premade sims should be premade celebrities and spellcasters. Davey Bones could totally be a spellcaster, maybe the Goths... Maybe the Spencer-Kim-Lewis could be Willow Creek's celebrities (level 01/02).

For Oasis Springs:
Evolve all families, add new families and fix the Landgraabs. It makes no sense that Sunset Valley Landgraabs are still young and beautiful in Sims 4 (I know its a alternate universe, but please... if you're going to overhaul the "base save file" scrap that AU thing, cuz this is annoying to us who've played the game since Sims 1). You could add the elderly Malcolm from the gallery, add Johnny Zest as his disowned son and a description telling that if Mimi and Dudley don't start behaving like proper Landgraabs he's going to disown them too. Also, add Mama Landgraab as his mother, but also add Malcolm first wife/son in a separate household. Maybe Hanellore divorced him, because he turned into an evil man and didn't want their son, Adrien, to be a jerk like him, Dudley and Mimi. And, make Adrien as older than the other 3 Landgraab heirs.

IDK, the overhaul could be totally different from what I suggest, but I think the main thing I, and other premade sims lovers, would love is to see them having more meaningful lives. With real enemies, romances, descriptions, less randomly generated townies/npcs, and more love to obscure/overshadowed Sims 1/2/3 premades too. Like, add elderly Jamie Jolina married to Thornton Wolf somewhere. Add the Sims 1 roomies as a lesbian couple somewhere. Add Cyd Roseland and his dog in Brindleton Bay... But always respecting a timeline of events, and their original dna/appearance and stories. Like, why theres young adults Lilith, Angela, Dustin and Dirk living at the same time as a teen Cassandra?! Thats just so sad... The opposite of what Sims 1/2/3 premade lovers wanted in SIms 4.

Comments

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I am not sure that it would be a good idea. Would the changes you are suggesting be applied to only brand new saves? Because I see no way of them being added to already existing ones that have possibly been going on for years without the fear of corrupting them and turning them unplayable. And what about players who don't want those storylines into their games and are happy with how the premades are now? Would it be optional, like the free christmas stuff pack? Overall, I think it's far too late for it in Sims 4, Sims 5 would fit better.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    @AngeliqueAdelaide Yes, I think it would only affect new save files. I remember I had to manually fix Johnny Zest name in my save file, even after they updated the game, because his name was only fixed on new save files. That's what I think would happen to existing saves, they would remain the same, as they wouldn't change the worlds per se.
    And, if someone liked how the save files were before, then the devs could upload the families as they were to the maxis gallery. Maybe they could even add a toggle button to empty save files for those who like a clean slate to start.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't think they should do anything like that unless it's an optional save we can download or an optional patch update. It wouldn't be fair to players like me who keep the premades as they are to force us to play with everything changed, characters dead, aged up and the like. Fixing a character's name (aka, correcting an error), is different from changing everything, that not everyone wants changed, for no reason.

Also, no offense at all, but I really don't see the point. How does this will benefit the game in anyway? You could technically go into your game right now and spend a few hours making these changes you suggested. I don't see why this needs to be an overhaul done by the team for every single save.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    @ListentoToppDogg maybe its not benefitial for those who don't play with premades, but theres a bunch of us who complain the fact that family members aren't tied, that household dramas aren't actually happening, affairs aren't happening, etc... We want to have scripted events for each household on their first day. As I said, your on-going save files would remain the same, so don't worry about it. But why everyone get somethign overhauled but premade lovers can't have meaningful premades? its not fair.
    And, I don't see them releasing an separate save file, cuz there's no way to share save files on the gallery and they focus on sharing stuff only there.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon But something like this would become an issue when I decide to start a new game. You say its not fair for premade fans to not have more depth to those characters, but how is it fair to those of us who want the premades to remain the same in every save to force us to have them overhauled and made older and so on?

Instead of forcing a world overhaul onto everyone, this should be something that people can choose if it happens or not. I think an optional update or something in settings would work better. Then players can decide how the world around them is developing.

As for the save file, hypothetically they could make an updated save with all of these changes you suggested and just put it on their site, post a link here, and let folks download it if they choose. The Gallery isn't the only way they could do a save file.