Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storing your game on an external hard drive?

Hey y'all,
A mac player here, and as we all know the Sims 4 takes up most of our hard-drive space. I was wondering if it would be possible to store my game files/ the game itself on an external hard drive and just plug it into my computer when I wanted to play. Is this possible or if not any other suggestions for having more space for future expansions?? Thanks
(so sorry if its in the wrong discussion section)
I did a push-up today!
Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
I need some chocolate.

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @futurevet201

Yes and yes. You can change the game install location in Origin settings. For your user data that's a little more tricky and involves using Terminal to create a symlink.

It would be better to take this discussion over to the Answers HQ Mac Tech. forum. If you start a new thread I can help you through the process and other Mac users can chime in :)
    apple-signature.png
  • futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    @BluebellFlora Thank you so much! Your instructions on your site are clear enough for me to do it on my own, (Ive used termial before to follow your sims 3 sudopurge tutorial). Thanks for your help!! <3
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
    @futurevet201 Great! Good luck :)
    apple-signature.png
  • GinnyTheScandiGinnyTheScandi Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks a lot, @BluebellFlora ! Just what I was looking for! xx
    @GinnyTheScandi You're very welcome :)
    apple-signature.png