Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who deserves to be Lilith???

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Change Vatore
    It doesn't bother me personally that they have the same name but if you are going to change it, change Vataore. It was Lilith Pleasent first.

I do like the idea of them fighting for it though. Hahah I might do something like that in my game just to mix it up a bit.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    I must confess I’m a big fan of the Vatores, but I agree that Lilith is such a great name for a vampire girl... :D
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited March 2020
    Change Pleasant
    Caleb doesn't seem to mind both, as he has married Pleasant and so far they're doing just fine.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Change Pleasant
    Let them fight to decide it! Whoever wins, keeps her name. Since you want to make one change. >:) As for Angela and Lilith being opposites on purpose, Caleb and Lilith Vatore are also opposites on purpose. In the story I am writing, Caleb and Lilith Vatore are older than the game hints that they are, and in my backstory, Lilith Vatore was originally christened Elizabeth, and called Lilly by friends and family.

When Caleb (who wasn't going to live to 30, his heart had been damaged by his childhood battle with the rheumatic fever, but they didn't know that...) was turned, his sister Lilly, who had been taking care of him and running the estate with their inheritance, confronted Melissa (Miss Hell) and found out just enough to lead her to Vlad, and she went pounding at his door, fearlessly demanding he turn her. He was so impressed with her determination and her reasons (so that she would be equal in power to Miss Hell and therefore able to protect Caleb from her, should she return to attempt to command him) that he did it, partly because he knew Miss Hell had been his first mistake.

Lilly then took the name Lilith, which suited her excellently, as she had been born to a world in which she could not even sign documents but had to bring them to her brother's bedside even though she was actually running everything, and her choice of name reflected her rejection of patriarchy.

Despite being himself a product of patriarchy from 300 years prior, Vlad embraced Lilith's fiery personality and felt he couldn't have chosen better this time, for progeny.

So that's my story, and that's why Lilith Vatore's name is important to her.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Change Pleasant
    You could rename Lilith Pleasant Jezebel.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Lilith Pleasant appears in the base neighbourhood of the best game of the series, which imo makes a strong case for her. Also Mrs Vatore isn't born a vampire, so no need to make an extra deal about her.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Just keep mixing it up from save to save
    I'd keep them the same. They just don't bother me.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Just keep mixing it up from save to save
    I say do what you want. Personally I don't bother with either of them as my games always been focused on my own sims and never see Lilith Pleasant around. The name fits them both it isn't too odd. If I had to change one, I might change Vatore to Lucretia personally. Or Akasha which was the name of one of the first vampires in lore. I feel she still needs a dark name that is fitting. Vampires come first in my game as I prefer occults.
  • Options
    AnotherheticsimmerAnotherheticsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Change Vatore
    Change Lilith Vatore, she's only in the vampires expansion pack where as Lilith Pleasant is in Sims 2, maxis recreated her and her family for the sims anniversary and she's in the sims 4 university. Lilith Pleasant should get to keep her name. You should change Lilith Vatore to Lily Vatore or something.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Change Pleasant
    I think Lilith suits an occult better although Lillith Pleasant is the OG.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    Change Vatore
    Lillith and Angela are a classic! Keep Lillith Pleasant, change Lillith Vatore.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Change Pleasant
    I'd change the Pleasant girl and here's why:

Lilith is the name of Adam's first wife (according to an alternate creation myth) and is often known as the Mother of Demons. She had a mind of her own and didn't want to serve Adam and was initially created as his equal, not made from his body.

The name Lilith itself means "of the night" or "night creature".

Clearly, Lilith Vatore deserves her name. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Change Vatore
    The Pleasants were one of the only premades I played with in this franchise. They're classics!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Change Vatore
    Lilith Pleasant came first, she exists since 2004, I think she has priority over the name. :wink:
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Okay people, like I said in my original post, I don't care about anything before the sims 4, this is a sims 4 game and that's what I'm focusing on, so if your only reason has to do with previous sims games I'm going to ignore your vote. I don't care about who the Pleasants used to be I only care about who they are now, thank you.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Change Pleasant
    Also, as a compromise, you could just change one to Lily (Pleasant) and keep the other Lilith (Vatore), if you didn't feel they were too similar. I personally do like both names myself.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Change Vatore
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Okay people, like I said in my original post, I don't care about anything before the sims 4, this is a sims 4 game and that's what I'm focusing on, so if your only reason has to do with previous sims games I'm going to ignore your vote. I don't care about who the Pleasants used to be I only care about who they are now, thank you.

An edited in stipulation no telling how long after however many votes were made. If limits are going to be made they should be there from the get-go, not after the process has begun. Rather compromises the integrity of the whole thing.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    Change Vatore
    FanPhoria wrote: »

Based on the Sims 4 only? Well every sim is pretty much the same apart from their looks and occult type, so I don't think it really matters.

One is a goth chick with a twin who's canonically her polar opposite and the other is a vampire I've barely ever seen in my game.

Lilith is a dark name, it suits both.

Another argument I'd make to change Vatore's name is because Angela, the golden child of the family, her name references to an angel and her (pretty much unwanted) twin Lilith, her name references to a demon. It shows that they're polar opposites.

Edit: removed parts that may have sounded passive aggressive.
    Post edited by rottmeister on
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I personally don’t mind if some of my Sims have the same firstname, as long as they don’t all have the same.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Change Pleasant
    Surprised to see this thread still going 3 months later, slightly sad to see the one with the most literal of the name losing.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Change Pleasant
    LiELF wrote: »
    Lilith is the name of Adam's first wife (according to an alternate creation myth) and is often known as the Mother of Demons. She had a mind of her own and didn't want to serve Adam and was initially created as his equal, not made from his body.

I came to this thread to say exactly that. And considering that Lilith Vatore has the Vampire Family aspiration, which requires her to turn a few sims into vampires and train them, she really is on her way to become a mother of demons... With that in mind, I'd say it's easier to come up with a fitting alternative for Lilith Pleasant.
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Change Vatore
    I renamed Lilith Vatore to Lilyth Vatore, because I also feel the same as you :)

I got the idea from Morgyn Ember (Realm of Magic)--I appreciated they kept that name distinct since we already have a Morgan from Get Together (Morgan Fryer).

Lilyth with a Y also feel kinda occult-ish for some reason to me.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I have been playing as Lilith Peasant since the Sims 2 days. For me I keep the name of them both. But I have no problem with Simmers wanting to change things up with premades whether it is their names or how they look. I tend to do de-Hollywoodize the Caliente household myself to make them more realistic like with the Sims 2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Change Vatore
    There's also two Alices. Alice Martin and Alice Spencer-Kim. It has bugged me ever since Strangerville came out.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Change Vatore
    I don't personally have an issue with two sims having the same first name, but if I had to choose then I would change Vatore. Pleasant came first for me after all or maybe I would call her Lily for short.