Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sugar Skulls available?

With the Jungle Adventure addition I was able to purchase the 1st Sugar Skull from a vendor. I was surprised to be able to do this, as I heard these skulls were from a limited timed event that is unknown if it will ever come back. I'm not really interested in knowing where/how exactly to get the rest (I'd like to discover them myself), more so just wondering if it's even possible to get the rest.

Can we currently complete the Sugar Skull collection without cheating?

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited February 2020
    you can, actually:
    edited to put everything in spoilers, since you said you wanted to find it for yourself. the first spoiler is a hint in the right direction, the second spoiler is a lot more detailed
    but you need dead sims for it
    since active tombstones are required (i have a graveyard set up that i use for this... examples will be from that)
    here's the list of options you can get at a tombstone (or urn);
    ed91788ba3f0c2ae88c217d385d91dae.png

you'll want to 'leave sugar skull offering', which is what my sim is doing here
    b90e27f2f767cb55660d7f2e750a5cce.jpg
    (note the thought bubble over her head)

if that works (it doesn't always), there will be a flash of light over the tombstone and this notification in the corner:
    843afd820c529036848a082eb2975010.png
    fdfaba35e349e9d0108be894afcf1dd6.png
    there's also a very noticeable noise, as well

that will spawn a sim, occasionally newly generated, but usually an existing one, to be a 'day of the dead celebrator' dressed in one of the day of the dead outfits and usually with the facepaint. in my case, it randomly picked one of my high end celebrities, basically my game's diana ross:
    ba63c2e0600e14f7275a2791552aeef0.png

the good news is, even if they're a celeb like cecelia here, you can still get the 'ask for sugar skull' option
    15b0839fd215dda400fbd7913177123a.png

but you do still have to befriend them, which is more difficult with celebrities:
    38239fdf58f15a33028666ca6eba25aa.png

my example sim here isn't the best at social interactions, so i'll leave it here... but, once you get a sim up to maybe 1/5 of the relationship bar to green, they should give you a sugar skull when asked. there's a cooldown before being able to summon another celebrator, so it takes a while to get the whole collection without cheating or downloading it from the gallery, but it is still doable
    also, it seems all the other tombstones and urns in my graveyard are from sims whose ghosts have been culled, so i can't check to see if the cooldown is on a per tombstone basis or not
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    you can, actually...(snip)

Wow, thank you!
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Wow! I'd read that this no longer worked! Will try when I get home!
    i will point out that the display case needs either cheating or downloading from the gallery, but the skulls themselves are still acquirable
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    How about if you run a retail store? If you have one scull set for sale (if it can be sold there), can you restock it with ease, or will you need to work hard to get another item? Asking for a friend who has nearly the full collection.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    i will point out that the display case needs either cheating or downloading from the gallery, but the skulls themselves are still acquirable

I bought a Sugar Skull display case from the build store, but I am playing on the PS4.
    you might be right on the display case.
    i know the planters from the growfruit challenge need the unlock cheat, as do the growfruit themselves (...usually). and could be misremembering the display case needing the same, and i tend to have that cheat active already whenever i'm working on a lot that i think the case would work great in (i'm also glad that there are color swatches that have the skulls fade into the background, so it's easy to use in 'regular' builds)

as for the 'usually' on the growfruit, they can very rarely randomly replace fruit trees in some neighborhoods in some saves... i had one save where the tree way, way to the right in the rightmost neighborhood of newcrest was a growfruit instead of whatever tree usually grows there. so sad i lost that save to save corruption, since i haven't seen a wild growfruit tree since
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    you might be right on the display case.
    i know the planters from the growfruit challenge need the unlock cheat, as do the growfruit themselves (...usually). and could be misremembering the display case needing the same, and i tend to have that cheat active already whenever i'm working on a lot that i think the case would work great in (i'm also glad that there are color swatches that have the skulls fade into the background, so it's easy to use in 'regular' builds)

as for the 'usually' on the growfruit, they can very rarely randomly replace fruit trees in some neighborhoods in some saves... i had one save where the tree way, way to the right in the rightmost neighborhood of newcrest was a growfruit instead of whatever tree usually grows there. so sad i lost that save to save corruption, since i haven't seen a wild growfruit tree since

You can get growfruit from Patchy or if you have outdoor retreat, a vendor in that zone
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @kalaksed I can never find the sim strolling about, so I've never gotten a sugar skull. Any tips?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    you can, actually:
    edited to put everything in spoilers, since you said you wanted to find it for yourself. the first spoiler is a hint in the right direction, the second spoiler is a lot more detailed
    but you need dead sims for it
    since active tombstones are required (i have a graveyard set up that i use for this... examples will be from that)
    here's the list of options you can get at a tombstone (or urn);
    ed91788ba3f0c2ae88c217d385d91dae.png

you'll want to 'leave sugar skull offering', which is what my sim is doing here
    b90e27f2f767cb55660d7f2e750a5cce.jpg
    (note the thought bubble over her head)

if that works (it doesn't always), there will be a flash of light over the tombstone and this notification in the corner:
    843afd820c529036848a082eb2975010.png
    fdfaba35e349e9d0108be894afcf1dd6.png
    there's also a very noticeable noise, as well

that will spawn a sim, occasionally newly generated, but usually an existing one, to be a 'day of the dead celebrator' dressed in one of the day of the dead outfits and usually with the facepaint. in my case, it randomly picked one of my high end celebrities, basically my game's diana ross:
    ba63c2e0600e14f7275a2791552aeef0.png

the good news is, even if they're a celeb like cecelia here, you can still get the 'ask for sugar skull' option
    15b0839fd215dda400fbd7913177123a.png

but you do still have to befriend them, which is more difficult with celebrities:
    38239fdf58f15a33028666ca6eba25aa.png

my example sim here isn't the best at social interactions, so i'll leave it here... but, once you get a sim up to maybe 1/5 of the relationship bar to green, they should give you a sugar skull when asked. there's a cooldown before being able to summon another celebrator, so it takes a while to get the whole collection without cheating or downloading it from the gallery, but it is still doable
    also, it seems all the other tombstones and urns in my graveyard are from sims whose ghosts have been culled, so i can't check to see if the cooldown is on a per tombstone basis or not

Your version of Diana Ross but with a name closer to Cilla Black 😉

(although unless you're a Brit of a certain age range, this will go well and truly over your head)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I had a sim that died and tried to offer a sugar skull but I could never locate the sim that was supposed to walk around the neighborhood. Have you guys had any better luck?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I had a sim that died and tried to offer a sugar skull but I could never locate the sim that was supposed to walk around the neighborhood. Have you guys had any better luck?

When we had the challenge, in my game most of them spawned at the entrance to the big park in Oasis Springs.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

When we had the challenge, in my game most of them spawned at the entrance to the big park in Oasis Springs.

Thank you, I will try that :)