Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Becoming a millionaire (without ever getting a job)

MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
One thing I hate about later games in the Sims franchise is how incredibly easy money is to obtain, especially if you never work a wage-based job. The fact of the matter is, most people who devote their lives to their personal craft never hit it big, and I feel The Sims 2 represents that fairly well since earning money whilst "self-employed" is incredibly hard.

This has led me to attempt to have a family with a net worth of one million simoleons without ever using a career. This isn't a one sim based self-imposed challenge as I do believe the easiest way to obtain money in the Sims 2 is through generational wealth. In The Sims 3 and 4 you could very easily make 1 million through big money making skills such as painting or writing in a single sim's regular life span. Frankly, I don't think that's possible in The Sims 2 within a regular life span so you rely on continuing the family lineage. With that said, this isn't a legacy challenge with heirs so all offspring can add to the family wealth.

I've added a one major restriction - no marrying money into the household. This would be far too easy. You could just marry and kill sims over and over for free money.

Im 3 in-game weeks into this so far. I'm playing in Veronaville mainly because I've never used the town before now. My founder Sim, Heather Lottamoney, is a level 10 creativity skill writer. She has 3 children with Makoto St. Julian (who by the way has incredibly good genetics by the way). Two twin teens, Mika Lottamoney who is a Silver badge tailor and Wanda Lottamoney who is a painter, and a baby girl called Anita Lottamoney who I plan to make a potter when she grows up. My net worth is currently $60k which is a far cry from what it would be under the same circumstances in The Sims 4.

Skills/Talents that I plan on going down still are: Flower Arranging, Toy Making, Robotics, Gardening, Fishing, possibly Cosmetology, Car fixing (???), playing instruments for tips and gambling. Likely I'd need my own business, which is a while off, since I'd like a live in business and I'd like it to be presentable, for some of these means to be profitable.

I have no idea what is going to be the biggest money making skill or talent, but my guess is Painting or Robotics (in the long run).

Going to have to see how this pans out! I'll try to keep updated.
My blog full of things that never get finished!
XVlamuQ.png
Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    With a sim in the Pleasure aspiration (secondary is sufficient) and a high cooking skill I found that writing restaurant guides is pretty broken.

Robotics could be exploited if your sim uses her robots to run the home business and/or crafting (depending on what badges they initialize with). From there it should snowball. On the other hand, if that sim worked hard to get to that point, maybe it's not an exploit, after all?