Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Massive Sims Sale

1235...Next

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2020
    I have two I want. Going to see if either is in the new changes. Thanks for the post.

I am starting to crumble with regard to Cats and Dogs. I always swore I didn't need it because I don't play pets very often and I don't like the fact that you can't control them this time, but it keeps going on sale and I keep thinking about it. I crumbled with regard to Strangerville and Laundry Day and I have so little willpower when it comes to this game so I will probably just bite the bullet anyway. I lost my Cassie (cat) this week and if I get the pack, I can pay tribute to her.

Sorry about your cat; I know some animals seem like family. I did that last year with a dog we lost. It helped some. Also, even if you don't like the main theme, there is a new town, new CAS, new dialog, new Aspirations/traits/ect., new Build/buy, and then there is Mayor WHiskers. I love Mayor Whiskers and when I decide to do a game with cats, it is hard for me to not go get him. I don't think you would regret buying it even if you don't play pets often. Happy Simming.

I think I see you got it; hope you like it.
  • SimMommaSimMomma Posts: 3 New Member
    I have all the packs but I wanted to buy one or two for a friend who just started playing and I didn't see anything that was on sale; even choosing buy as a gift didn't change anything in the price for me.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Sorry about your cat; I know some animals seem like family. I did that last year with a dog we lost. It helped some. Also, even if you don't like the main theme, there is a new town, new CAS, new dialog, new Aspirations/traits/ect., new Build/buy, and then there is Mayor WHiskers. I love Mayor Whiskers and when I decide to do a game with cats, it is hard for me to not go get him. I don't think you would regret buying it even if you don't play pets often. Happy Simming.

I did get it. I didn't feel quite ready to play with cats so I made a solitary writer with a dog instead. It's been interesting. I'm still struggling with the fact that you can't play the dog or check its motives, but I'm doing ok. I just wish the dog would actually sleep in its bed rather than on the floor!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

I did get it. I didn't feel quite ready to play with cats so I made a solitary writer with a dog instead. It's been interesting. I'm still struggling with the fact that you can't play the dog or check its motives, but I'm doing ok. I just wish the dog would actually sleep in its bed rather than on the floor!

I believe you can click on the pet bed and command the pet to lie down on the bed. I haven't played with pets in a while, but I remember that there were various ways to sort of control them through your Sim. There should also be a pet whistle icon near the animal portrait that will call them to you if you lose track of where they are. I believe training them also helps control them a little better.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »

I believe you can click on the pet bed and command the pet to lie down on the bed. I haven't played with pets in a while, but I remember that there were various ways to sort of control them through your Sim. There should also be a pet whistle icon near the animal portrait that will call them to you if you lose track of where they are. I believe training them also helps control them a little better.

I have been sending the dog to the bed on a regular basis but it grew from puppy to elder and still sleeps on the floor. On the plus side, I managed to stop it drinking out the toilet!

I have been sending the dog to the bed on a regular basis but it grew from puppy to elder and still sleeps on the floor. On the plus side, I managed to stop it drinking out the toilet!

Well, that's good at least! :D
    #Team Occult
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    The latest Sims 4 sale is really good! I have all the expansion packs but I only started the Sims 4 last year but I managed to get the Sims 4 last year for free during a May sale!! :D
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    The latest Sims 4 sale is really good! I have all the expansion packs but I only started the Sims 4 last year but I managed to get the Sims 4 last year for free during a May sale!! :D

Just so you know, it's the same sale they always have and have had for years. Every couple of months, EPs are 50% off and GPs are 25% off. SP sales are the rarity, and they really should have kept going switching out one a week at 50% off until they had gone through them all. :/

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Can someone clarify this for me I’m getting conflicting information I’ve asked simmers on on Facebook to let me know when tiny living stuff & machino stuff is on sale a few simmers telling me they are (I’m in the uk ) went to check they aren’t mentioned that to simmers they said they are coz they brought them last night twitted to the sims team and simmers no answer missed all the codes (I hardly use twitter Or Facebook )
    So am I missing something thanks in advance
    Happy simming
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I'm going on day 8 of being sick and those sale tags are calling to me. Which is worth getting more do you think, Parenthood or Dine Out? I've read a lot about bugs with Dine Out, but I'm wondering what Parenthood would add that would make it worth it.

Or would Jungle Adventure be better? Is it too limited in re-playability?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I'm going on day 8 of being sick and those sale tags are calling to me. Which is worth getting more do you think, Parenthood or Dine Out? I've read a lot about bugs with Dine Out, but I'm wondering what Parenthood would add that would make it worth it.

Or would Jungle Adventure be better? Is it too limited in re-playability?

@lisamwitt I think it depends on what kind of player you are. I don't have Parenthood because I'm really not a family focused player and I cringe at the idea of kids and toddlers constantly making messes. But people who like family play seem to really love the pack because it enhances their gameplay.

Dine Out is okay, it gives my Sims something to do on a date or for a change of scenery. I played around with owning a restaurant when the pack first came out, but I'm not really into it. I had hoped that I could hire my own Sims from other households but the system doesn't work that way so it's meh for me. But my Sims do go to restaurants sometimes and it works fine for me, although I've heard other people have issues.

Jungle Adventure is my favorite of the three and it's the one I personally would recommend. It brings a new culture, which I really love, with new foods and dances, and the jungle itself is gorgeous. There's something about the ambience that really calls to me. The world is a little different from other worlds, as it can be "explored" and areas are unlocked. This is also a vacation world so your Sims will have limited time there, but I tend to expand my vacation days and just stay as long as I need to. Only certain regions will be unlocked per visit, so you kind of have to replay it in order to explore everything. Also, the temple has five different layouts, so you can at least get five walk-throughs of that. But you get the Archaeology skill as well and can dig up a variety of treasures and mystical artifacts. As an Occult player, I really love this aspect and I also love the dangers of the jungle as well. So I think it's a really good pack, and although I don't use it on a regular basis, I still appreciate it every time my Sims return. Sometimes I just use it for a regular cultural vacation spot and don't even go into the jungle at all. So I think it's flexible in that way. But if you ever played Sims 3 World Adventures, keep in mind that this isn't anywhere near the size of those worlds. It's just a GP after all.

Hope that helped. :)
    #Team Occult
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Hope that helped. :)

It did. Thank you! I'll buy that one then if I give in. lol.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

Are you using the right size bed for the dog? Only smaller dogs can use the small beds, the big dogs need the bigger pet beds.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Galu8Galu8 Posts: 15 Member
    Which one do you recommend buying first, university or fame?
  • Kitty_RiversKitty_Rivers Posts: 7 New Member
    I wish they'd have a -50% sale on the game packs.
    Just one or two of them going -50% would fine as well.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Galu8 wrote: »
    Which one do you recommend buying first, university or fame?

I recommend Get Famous. I really like the stuff in it.
    Both are good though. However, Discover University can be a stressful naggy one.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Are you using the right size bed for the dog? Only smaller dogs can use the small beds, the big dogs need the bigger pet beds.

I did, the big square thing. I am actually really disappointed in how dull the beds are in the pack. There are so many cool pet beds in real life.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Can someone clarify this for me I’m getting conflicting information I’ve asked simmers on on Facebook to let me know when tiny living stuff & machino stuff is on sale a few simmers telling me they are (I’m in the uk ) went to check they aren’t mentioned that to simmers they said they are coz they brought them last night twitted to the sims team and simmers no answer missed all the codes (I hardly use twitter Or Facebook )
    Happy simming

I'm in the UK and they are NOT on sale.
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Happy simming

I'm in the UK and they are NOT on sale.

Thank you I’ll just have to keep an eye out fingers crossed they’ll be on sale soon