Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DIY, what would you like in the craft room picture

davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
I can't post pics, because I have never figured it out, so if someone could post the craft room from DIY, I would appreciate it.

If you could pick 10 objects from the picture, what would they be? Mine are:
1. Rolling cart
2. Peg board over right table w/ scissors ect
3. glass jar left table
4. Blue bins right table
5. Green table w/ white center
6. Brown yarn basket front, left, floor
7. Large craft table
8. round yarn holder on large table
9. Stool
10. Chair

Not pictured, a beaded door.

Knit & sewing machine

What things would you like?
Post edited by davina1221 on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    1) Large craft table. That was my deciding factor in DIY delight over Cozy Crafts
    2) rolling cart
    3) the pegboard on the right side of the back wall
    4) short brown Stash shelf
    5) fabric bolt clutter on top of brown stash shelf
    6) Yarn ball lights
    7) Round project caddy on the craft table
    8) the purple bin with the bunny - or just the bunny

... yeah, I just get those 8 and I'll be a happy simmer.
    For 9 and 10 would probably be various items of organizational clutter on the two desks

If they were to include a deco sewing machine... the only thing that would make me happier is if it weren't deco, but we know that's not happening. :sweat_smile: (My sims will likely eventually get a deco sewing machine anyway ... I only have to model it in Hexagon, finally figure out UV mapping in Hex, and then import it through Blender to Sims4Studio - and I'd make it in Hex because that's what I know. Or I can hope someone else makes one.)
    ts4-vote-stuffpacksurvey2.jpg.adapt.1456w.jpg
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    ts4-vote-stuffpacksurvey2.jpg.adapt.1456w.jpg

Thank you so much
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I liked THE rocking chair. Now I see there isn't any. I think I've been cheated on.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    1. yarn storage Kallax
    2. lamps
    3. crafting table
    4. project wall board
    5. - 10. as many small deco items as possible
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2020
    oaTC6ny.jpg
    1. rolling cart
    2. crafting table
    3. stool
    4. curtains
    5. pegboard w/crafting supplies
    6. brown crafting supply shelves
    7. box w/knitted bunny and scarf
    8. round crafting caddy w/yarn and needles
    9. measuring tape
    10. large thread spindles
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Honestly I wasn't into DIY for the objects in the room, mainly just the style. The only objects in the room I'd want are the different yarn storages and containers. But considering how the CAS vote just went down, my priority is now on objects my sims will actually be able to knit, like the bunny toy in the box.

Also, isn't it odd that there are scarves thrown left and right around this room, yet we got absolutely no scarves in our CAS vote? :/
    edited February 2020
    Honestly I wasn't into DIY for the objects in the room, mainly just the style. The only objects in the room I'd want are the different yarn storages and containers. But considering how the CAS vote just went down, my priority is now on objects my sims will actually be able to knit, like the bunny toy in the box.

Also, isn't it odd that there are scarves thrown left and right around this room, yet we got absolutely no scarves in our CAS vote? :/

A simmer mentioned that CAS is light with 15 items, so I'm wondering if maybe it will be added to with scarves, socks, mittens, ECT to knit? I also hope they consider throwing in the 24 apron dress, the men's pants with ball strings, the toddler girl cloud outfit, and a boy's sweater.

I myself voted Happy Haunts and granny, but since this is what we are getting, I'm wanting stuff I will actually use. I'm not a clutter person in game, so it says a bunch that I'm trying to get some of these. I hope they put actual knitting stuff in instead of furniture ECT that has nothing to do with knitting. I just don't want to miss out on some craft decor because the team puts stuff in that "some" simmers have been asking for and will vote for even though it has zero to do with crafts. Like a love seat, couch, toilet, toddler stuff we already have like another toy box, or a bunch of other stuff that could come in somewhere else. I would rather it be similar to what is pictured. I could care less about furniture and stuff we already have when it comes to this pack; I'd rather have relevant to knitting stuff.
    davina1221 wrote: »
    A simmer mentioned that CAS is light with 15 items, so I'm wondering if maybe it will be added to with scarves, socks, mittens, ECT to knit?
    It doesn't sound that way right now. :/

Crud, I'd forgotten that this vote would be our other source of knitted items. Forget furniture, I'll only be voting for knittable assets.

oaTC6ny.jpg
    1. rolling cart
    2. crafting table
    3. stool
    4. curtains
    5. pegboard w/crafting supplies
    6. brown crafting supply shelves
    7. box w/knitted bunny and scarf
    8. round crafting caddy w/yarn and needles
    9. measuring tape
    10. large thread spindles

Where is the measuring tape? That rolling cart is the first thing that caught my eye after I took a really good look at the pick after granny lost.
    Where is the measuring tape? That rolling cart is the first thing that caught my eye after I took a really good look at the pick after granny lost.

I'm pretty sure the roundish hot pink item on the table is a retractable measuring tape.

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

I'm pretty sure the roundish hot pink item on the table is a retractable measuring tape.

Looks like a doily that is in the process of being knitted to me.
    bizuktag wrote: »

I think you see a doily. I copied the pic to my phone and that way, you can enlarge it and see everything in great detail.😀

I think you see a doily. I copied the pic to my phone and that way, you can enlarge it and see everything in great detail.😀

Hmm, when I look at it again, I guess it is a doily. In that case, I'd want the macrame plant holders from the Granny Chic room. I hope they're an option.
    edited February 2020

Hmm, when I look at it again, I guess it is a doily. In that case, I'd want the macrame plant holders from the Granny Chic room. I hope they're an option.

I loved those. I voted granny and wanted some of those items so much.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Not to be a pain in the neck, but I really wanted the cuckoo clock from the Granny Chic. Just...want that clock a lot.

Also really liked the rocking chair, tea set, and hanging plants. Also from Granny.

But from DiY I guess I'd say the yellow chair, the rug, the bunny in the box, the clutter scarf, the round yarn box, the coffee mug, and some of the other tabletop clutter objects. I don't really like most of the furniture.
    #Team Occult
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @LiELF I think your mind has been cheated on as well. There is actually no rocking chair :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    @LiELF I think your mind has been cheated on as well. There is actually no rocking chair :(

Oops. Well, there should be! Lol.

Maybe that's why I like the yellow chair in the DIY. It almost looks like a rocker.

Hey man, I wanted Happy Haunts, what do I know? I had other people choose my CAS votes. :D
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited February 2020
    the big table and project bag on it
    +rug could be useful if it had some stripy fun swatches

other than those i don't really want any of objects in diy delight theme pic so I am wishing voting includes more interesting objects p_p

also would say yarn roll as separate object with various swatches
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    LiELF wrote: »
    Not to be a pain in the neck, but I really wanted the cuckoo clock from the Granny Chic. Just...want that clock a lot.

Also really liked the rocking chair, tea set, and hanging plants. Also from Granny.

But from DiY I guess I'd say the yellow chair, the rug, the bunny in the box, the clutter scarf, the round yarn box, the coffee mug, and some of the other tabletop clutter objects. I don't really like most of the furniture.

I liked that as well and the quilt holder, hanging plants, doilies, granny chair, round hoop decor on the wall. From cozy, I like the yarn rack and the barrel of yarn.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited February 2020
    I want the little knitting basket in granny chic as a clutter item. Oh, and the round embroidery things they had hanging on the wall in granny chic. And the quilt holder!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    1: the wooded chair with the yellow cusions - hopefully with swatches to change cushion color
    2:1 with rockers
    3: the rolling cart but made of wood
    4: the box of stuff just beneath it
    5: the green table to the left
    6: the wall board to the right with all the supplies on it
    7: the box with rabbit, incuding the stuff and the rabbit
    8: the beige shelving on the right with what looks like supplies
    9: the 2 items on top of the shelving
    10: the round container on the big table that full of yarn and needles

Craft hint: discovered long ago that those emery boards (or whatever they're called) the ladies use for their nails are great for sanding light wood in craft projects. Those things are pure gold for helping me shape parts for balsa wood ship models, and non ship uses probably abound.
    I fear that we won't get a good selection. For once, I really want clutter because it sells the craft room and without certain pieces, it will just be an activity and we really won't have a nice look that says crafts for the room.
    I fear that we won't get a good selection. For once, I really want clutter because it sells the craft room and without certain pieces, it will just be an activity and we really won't have a nice look that says crafts for the room.

I think there will be a decent selection to vote on. I just don't know that there will be a decent amount of clutter that actually makes it into the pack because the majority of people who vote aren't looking for what will make a good craft room. They're either looking for stuff they can craft, some way to still turn this into Grandma's Knitting Corner, or what they think looks "cute" while not actually caring about the theme that much.

And I have a sad feeling that crafters who know what sort of clutter should be in a crafts room are not enough of a plurality to get the items we need.
    edited March 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I think there will be a decent selection to vote on. I just don't know that there will be a decent amount of clutter that actually makes it into the pack because the majority of people who vote aren't looking for what will make a good craft room. They're either looking for stuff they can craft, some way to still turn this into Grandma's Knitting Corner, or what they think looks "cute" while not actually caring about the theme that much.

And I have a sad feeling that crafters who know what sort of clutter should be in a crafts room are not enough of a plurality to get the items we need.

Actually, when I say decent selection, I meant after the vote/what we end up with. I loved the idea of being able to choose from the whole until I saw the final results. I think for the remaining voting, they should let us pick 3 from each category ECT., so we can end up with some things from everything.