Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Antique Stuff Pack Idea

jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Here’s what I’d want to see:

A typewriter for the writing skill,
A brass telescope on a tripod,
A phone for social, hiring, and ordering stuff,
Newspaper for entertainment, careers, events,
A regular upright piano or spinet,
Adding even more swatches to base game furniture (sage, burgundy, rose, gold, maybe more damask patterns and stripes too).

Please add your thoughts.

Comments

• PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    I'd be more than thrilled if any of these were included in a future pack. I miss the landline phones from previous games, as well as having my sims fetch the paper every morning, often still in their sleepwear. :D
    Also, I hope we get a traditional upright piano of some kind, before production ends on The Sims 4. I wouldn't be picky at this point, but I would love a small, but ornate British-style parlour upright, with a pair of candle sconces on the upper front panel. <3

Perhaps another idea would be adding a soft, ambient ticking sound to the grandfather clocks already in game. Maybe even make them chime every 6 or-so in game hours, like the bell tower sound FX in Windenburg's "Old Quarter".
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    This is actually a neat idea for a stuff pack! Now this is something the sims team could actually make for a unique stuff pack. Having old stuff from the 50’s, 60’s 70’s would be fun and especially give more stuff for elders.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I am not that interested in the 60's and 70's. I want 10's, 20's, 30's, 40's
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2020
    old tv
    antique frames for photography & paintings our sims make
    carved wood furnitures
    old tea set that works as tea maker
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • witchypiewitchypie Posts: 18 Member
    It would be cool if they could make toys again, aside from the lil' robots in University.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    old tv
    antique frames for photography & paintings our sims make
    carved wood furnitures
    old tea set that works as tea maker

All your ideas are PREFECT, and I really need them in the game now.

• jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Could this help add depth to the "Off the Grid" trait? Like a water pump used by hand? An Outhouse? !!Bathing in a pond!!

And an old wooden rocking chair that makes creaking sounds when you rock in it. And one of those coo coo clocks with the pendulum.

And just one more I would like to see...a Galileo Thermometer that would show the correct temperature.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2020
    landline phones

Use to have this early Sims3 and then couldn't find it anymore( the one on the wall).

Simmingal wrote: »
    old tv, old tea set that works as tea maker

jinerator wrote: »
    Could this help add depth to the "Off the Grid" trait? Like a water pump used by hand? An Outhouse? !!Bathing in a pond!!

And an old wooden rocking chair that makes creaking sounds when you rock in it. And one of those coo coo clocks with the pendulum.

And just one more I would like to see...a Galileo Thermometer that would show the correct temperature.

I like the ideas above. My wants would include:

The large milk jug looking thing antique
    antique lamp
    antique radio
    antique record player
    doilies
    old gas pump to sit around
    antique looking paintings of people long ago
    trunk
    mirror
    thing that sits up in kitchen(usually white)
    glass shoe
    round glass holder with swan on top
    victorian people nicnac
    standing geisha dolls
    old bells
    old farm implements to hang on wall
    barrel plant holders
    old jars
    mantle clock
    plates/cups
    bedroom furniture
    antique large dining table for 8
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    A typewriter for the writing skill, Adding even more swatches to base game furniture (sage, burgundy, rose, gold, maybe more damask patterns and stripes too).

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Oh, this is a great idea. All the options are fun.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I want all of this. Plus writing novels and other books by hand, a woodwind instrument, a lap harp. Old-fashioned toy box, rocking horse for toddlers, some more old stoves and a fridge alternative. Slow dancing with partners. Chamberpots that can go under the bed.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I want all of this. Plus writing novels and other books by hand, a woodwind instrument, a lap harp. Old-fashioned toy box, rocking horse for toddlers, some more old stoves and a fridge alternative. Slow dancing with partners. Chamberpots that can go under the bed.

Yesss!!!! I want to be able to write books by hand and not just on the computer too. Especially for Sims with the off the grid lot trait ( writing books by candlelight) for now I just use the diary from get together to get their writing skill up (adults can use it too)

Slow dancing needs to come back, it can go up to level 5

If they can have a harp and sing written songs with it, that would be so cool.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Love the ideas here.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Here’s what I’d want to see:

A typewriter for the writing skill,
    A brass telescope on a tripod,
    A phone for social, hiring, and ordering stuff,
    Newspaper for entertainment, careers, events,
    A regular upright piano or spinet,
    Adding even more swatches to base game furniture (sage, burgundy, rose, gold, maybe more damask patterns and stripes too).

Please add your thoughts.

I would like these things - plus some steampunk objects and CAS items.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    I'd be more than thrilled if any of these were included in a future pack. I miss the landline phones from previous games, as well as having my sims fetch the paper every morning, often still in their sleepwear. :D
    Also, I hope we get a traditional upright piano of some kind, before production ends on The Sims 4. I wouldn't be picky at this point, but I would love a small, but ornate British-style parlour upright, with a pair of candle sconces on the upper front panel. <3

Perhaps another idea would be adding a soft, ambient ticking sound to the grandfather clocks already in game. Maybe even make them chime every 6 or-so in game hours, like the bell tower sound FX in Windenburg's "Old Quarter".

I wouldn't mind seeing an upright piano, but at least I was able to find some on various fan sites as custom content, since it would use the same animation as the grand piano. I would love to see the landline phones come back. At least I was able to find some decoration landline phones at Around the Sims 4. (Came out in a prior year, 2018 or 2019 I think, so you can look through their archives for a listing by year. Note that only donators can download entire sets from Around the Sims in one zip file - otherwise their content is free. )

I don't know about having the grandfather clock make noise - this seems like it might get annoying for some players, or if it was done wrong. Kind of like a cuckoo clock, or the analog bird clock my grandma used to have that had bird chirps every hour, a different one for each of the 12 hours on the clock. Though a cuckoo clock in the game might actually be fun (given the skewing of time in the game, maybe only the cuckoo comes out every 2-3 hours and not while Sim is sleeping except silently when Sim is sleeping.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited March 2020
    Gecko420 wrote: »
    This is actually a neat idea for a stuff pack! Now this is something the sims team could actually make for a unique stuff pack. Having old stuff from the 50’s, 60’s 70’s would be fun and especially give more stuff for elders.

Are you SURE you would want stuff from the 70's? Colors like avocado green were VERY common back then in appliances and furniture, along with orange and brown. The toys, however, I wouldn't mind seeing. These days, moms often just give their toddlers a tablet to play with - BORING (at least to watch). I wouldn't mind seeing kitchen play sets, push toys or musical stuffed toys or peg hammer sets. There were also large puzzles for young children with each piece more than 3 inches wide, some 4-5 inches. Also, there was a play phone, kaleidoscopes, and kazoos. Not to mention pet rocks. (Sims 2 had a variation on this with pet bricks.) In the 50's there were also comic books and Lincoln Logs. Legos have also been around for decades, though the larger child friendly ones did not come along till the 80's. Popular dolls in the 70's were Holly Hobbie, Raggedy Ann, and Barbie.
    Hippie clothes were also not uncommon in the 60's and 70's. Oh, and don't forget the Elvis impersonators in the 70's.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited March 2020
    NoirStasis wrote: »

Yesss!!!! I want to be able to write books by hand and not just on the computer too. Especially for Sims with the off the grid lot trait ( writing books by candlelight) for now I just use the diary from get together to get their writing skill up (adults can use it too)

Slow dancing needs to come back, it can go up to level 5

If they can have a harp and sing written songs with it, that would be so cool.

I'm in some writing groups and there are still people who write their manuscript by hand, and others use typewriters, so there is still a need for older tech when it comes to that skill. I have a typewriter CC item in my game but it does all the other stuff computers do in the game - I have to wonder what game a person can play with a typewriter!

This is honestly my favourite thread on the forum right now. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • lilybluesimslilybluesims Posts: 19 Member
    I think I'd like a time-travel expansion that had both antique stuff and future stuff...or two smaller packs for each.
    An antique stuff pack would work well with the get to work retail part. Antique stores are a thing.
    xz1R97il.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    Gecko420 wrote: »

Are you SURE you would want stuff from the 70's? Colors like avocado green were VERY common back then in appliances and furniture, along with orange and brown.

whats wrong with some avocado green, orange and brown? :c

I mean just cause you have stuff it doesn't mean you have to overdo it like past ppl
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free