Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Longer names !

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

The Sims Studio is allowed to use long names

- Senior Pollination Technician #3 (Sim) : we can't even write Pollination Tech#9 (18 characters in The Sims 2), it becomes Pol. Tech 9
- 1 appartement-terrasse Tour Torendi (Lot, 36 characters) : French name of Torendi Tower Penthouse
- Bar à cocktail Dans la lune (Lot, 27 characters) : French name of Stargazer Lounge
- Maison de ville Enfandelaveuve (Lot, 30 characters) : French name of Widowshild Townhome

It would be nice if the sim's name could increase from 14 to 20 characters and the lot name from 25 to 40 characters.

For example : the name of the queen Marie Antoinette (16 char.) d'Autriche can't be written.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes please.

Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis can't even keep her full name cause it's too many characters. 14 is really not a lot of letters at all. Almost all hyphenated names are out of the question, and it also excludes a LOT of non-English originating names of both places and people, not just French but also German and Hawaiian and Indian and Russian...the list goes on. It's ridiculous that they'd put such an arbitrary limit on something as personal and varied as names.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited February 2020
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Idk about longer names, but I definitely would like to see middle names added.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I want middle names. And longer names. Also @LeGardePourpre her name was Marie Antoinette d'Autriche. It was Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna von Hapsburg before she was moved to France for her Marriage to la dauphin Louis-Auguste of France in 1770, when her name was changed to Marie Antoinette Joseph Jean.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I also want longer names and middle names... it'snot a huge priority for me but something I would love for sure as I love long names.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    I want middle names. And longer names. Also @LeGardePourpre her name was Marie Antoinette d'Autriche. It was Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna von Hapsburg before she was moved to France for her Marriage to la dauphin Louis-Auguste of France in 1770, when her name was changed to Marie Antoinette Joseph Jean.

And you STILL wouldn't be able to fit any of her names in TS4. Longer names would definitely be useful, as well as middle names and a space for additives like "Jr." and "IV" and the like. Right now, you have to try and squeeze those things into the character limit of either the first or last name, and in the name of the mentioned additives, they get tacked onto the last names of spouses and kids and you have to go in and fix them in CAS, which is kind of a pain.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! I can't even write my own full name.... Why does there even have to be 20 character limit? I think my full name is like 25 characters, and there are many others like me. What's wrong with long names?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Now you know why Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett simply published under the title "Lord Dunsany". ;)

I wouldn't mind more space for names, although none of my Sims have had to cut theirs short yet.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Longer names would be much appreciated.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I would also like longer names, for sims and lots. The option of a middle name would be interesting too.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My IRL English name does not fit, so I understand.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    I dont see a point to middle name section, can't you just add it in the first name slot (if the character count extended if you couldnt fit it?

I would like to see sim descriptions. I really liked those in TS2 so I can remember the backstory to the characters I made. But! You couldn't view it unless you were that same sim! It really sucks. So I'd like to view any sims who have a description whether I am that active character or not, and when I am that active character be able to edit/change it anytime I like as my storylines progresses.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes please! For sims and lots.

Many times it's only about 1-3 characters that makes it too long, so annoying.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I wish it was like, a 50 character limit on both sides