March 27 - Click here for the last Friday Highlight of the month!
March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

What should define base game content in the next title?

2...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,512 Member
    The sims themselves being the main focus.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,295 Member
    This is what I think should be in the base game:

All life stages as well as new ones (Pre teens)
    Pets or at least dogs and cats with other animals being able to be added in later EPs (such as a farm EP)
    NPs such as police, fire, maid, gardener, mail, newspaper, burglar ect
    Cars that you can drive (and open & close the door ect)
    Busy community lots
    A built in world creator/ editor
    Weather even if basic (such as rain) with other weather to come in other EPs
    Proper build mode like TS3
    Graveyards
    Doorbells (!)
    OFFLINE!

Feel free to add :smile:

I agree with all of this. Each iteration should build on the next. TS4 made a huge mistake being unfinished at launch and reversing steps that TS3 took. Toddlers, ghosts, pools and basements missing at launch was exactly why I didn't jump all over TS4 when it launched. First time for me since TS1 that I didn't just jump right into the next series.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 827 Member
    edited February 27
    Some things that I wish for:
    • Mod support.
    • Online/Offline mode.
    • Gallery.
    • Open World with roads and cars.
    • World Editor.
    • Color wheel for CAS and Build/Buy Mode.
    • Height slider for CAS.
    • More community lots included in the base game.
    • More objects that multiple sims can use.
    • More configuration options. See the spoiler for details.
      Event Meter, increasing it will cause random autonomy and events to happen more often, (abductions, party invites, sims doing random things etc.) decreasing it will cause things to happen less, this can be done by Maxis adding a frequency modifier in the tuning files.
      Story Progression configuration: Decide what should happen in your world (marriages, pregnancies etc.), option to turn story progression off.
      Content configuration: Select how much you want from a pack included in your game, just the CAS assets for example.
      Population configuration: Decide if the game should generate more sims or add sims from the gallery to your world, decide what type of sims that should be included in your game. How many occults etc, so you could for example create a world with just vampires for example.
      Outfit configuration: Decide if the game should generate outfits or select from the player outfit list from CAS where they player can add and remove 100-200 saved outfits.
  • Stuffy71Stuffy71 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to see a separation of Traits and Personalities. Traits could stay pretty much as they are - for example Green Thumb, Foodie, Childish and so on. Personalities though, I'd be keen to see them defined perhaps along the lines of those Meyer-Briggs tests that pop up every so often. The completed test gives a grid of 16 different personalities, separating things like Introvert vs Extrovert, Logical vs Emotional etc. I'm not suggesting just copy the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator model, but something similar would be a great under the hood thing to play around with.

Here's a wikipedia link to the test and personality types mentioned above.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,092 Member
    Stuffy71 wrote: »
    I'd like to see a separation of Traits and Personalities. Traits could stay pretty much as they are - for example Green Thumb, Foodie, Childish and so on. Personalities though, I'd be keen to see them defined perhaps along the lines of those Meyer-Briggs tests that pop up every so often. The completed test gives a grid of 16 different personalities, separating things like Introvert vs Extrovert, Logical vs Emotional etc. I'm not suggesting just copy the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator model, but something similar would be a great under the hood thing to play around with.

@Stuffy71 I've seen Meyer Briggs. There is also the big 5 personality traits. What you are proposing is not a bad idea. I would never want a return to the point system seen in Sims 2 when making a personality. I feel like this unfairly limits the personality you want to create.
    Sims 4 Gallery ID: anthonydyer
    Youtube channel DWP Productions Sims 3 Videos
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,928 Member
    Stuffy71 wrote: »

@Stuffy71 I've seen Meyer Briggs. There is also the big 5 personality traits. What you are proposing is not a bad idea. I would never want a return to the point system seen in Sims 2 when making a personality. I feel like this unfairly limits the personality you want to create.
    Yes, I'd like that point system for personalities and the traits system for talents.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 697 Member
    It has to be 100% open world. I play the game like the whole world is the sim's entire lot, having them visit as many of the lots as possible. It should also be flexible to allow for many different types of game genres and playing styles as possible like in TS3. Of course Create a World and CASt to make it as customizable as possible. Basically a combo of TS2 details and TS3 with what I just mentioned before. Oh yeah, also TS3's camera for gameplay and build mode for greatest viewing angles. There are other things, but these are the most important to me.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 533 Member
    Any IRL essential/unavoidable feature (seasons etc.) needs to be in the base game. Optional ones (I'm pretty sure you can spend your whole life without pets or college) can be released via packs.
    Sona Ali (Super Sim) now available on the Gallery and on MTS
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 1,240 Member
    The sims themselves being the main focus.

That said, i have nothing to add.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 16
    This is what I think should be in the base game:

All life stages as well as new ones (Pre teens)
    Pets or at least dogs and cats with other animals being able to be added in later EPs (such as a farm EP)
    NPs such as police, fire, maid, gardener, mail, newspaper, burglar ect
    Cars that you can drive (and open & close the door ect)
    Busy community lots
    A built in world creator/ editor
    Weather even if basic (such as rain) with other weather to come in other EPs
    Proper build mode like TS3
    Graveyards
    Doorbells (!)

Not ONLINE