Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the reward traits that make the needs obsolete?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've used the one where they hardly ever need sleep, and I regret it. Never used any of the others on plain human sims. I usually also play vampires. They already don't need toilet or sleep anyway
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I never use them. I like routines with them and shutting off all or some of the needs wouldn't be interesting to me.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Due to UI Cheats, I never actually see a need for them. And besides, in TS4 needs don't decay as rapidly as TS2; so it's easier to keep track of them.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2020
    The only reward I ever buy from the store is the always welcome trait but only for sims to be welcome in their family home after moving out. The rest feel like cheating to me and also I feel like they would making playing my sims less fun. I enjoy managing their needs as they are.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    No cause its unrealistic and the problem with The sims 4 is that it is already too easy and plain, so with giving these rewards.. I do not see it as an upgrade to my game. There is even less appeal to it then it already has. No challenges and no effort at all.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I've used some of them on the rare occasion I fulfill enough whims that my Sim has the points for it.

After that, they didn't need to waste time sleeping/eating/showering, so they had time for other things, like earning promotions, cleaning and repairing stuff, gardening, taking care of kids, etc.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I purchase Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry, Antiseptic and Seldom Sleepy so sims have more time to do the important stuff.

If I have three generations under the same roof, I purchase "Never Weary" for the grandparents so they can provide round-the-clock care for babies and toddlers.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    I never use any reward traits that make needs obsolete. There's so little challenge in TS4 even without using reward traits.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    I don't use them. I prefer to use the ones that help with improving their skills or job in some way.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would buy the forever full etc. powerful traits only for ghosts or other some kind of magical beings. For regular human sims I'm generally fine with one trait that lessens one need. It can add to their characters to be hardly hungry for example.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited February 2020
    I use them very carefully, like "always welcome" to the police and those with the diveous trait. The "seduce everyone" on a sleezy politicuan and so one. I use them to create diversity among my sims.
    Five Brindies
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I think there is a cheat to remove any unwanted traits, I can't remember what it is, though. The first three I almost always get are waterproof (I have an irrational hatred of umbrellas lol), steel bladder & frugal. Never weary can be useful, especially if you have Jungle Adventure or Get Together, but it can also get tiresome trying to find things for your sim to do 24/7.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yes! I had never used them until I started my 100 baby challenge, it gets fairly hard when you're potty training toddlers and want to potty all the time yourself. also never weary, love it! Maybe I'm an evil overlord who wants their sims not to have bodily functions because it inconveniences my plans. Maybe I feel sorry for them feeling like they have to sleep everynight when I don't. It's made life for that single Mum of 50 really so much easier, she can actually take care of a job now as well as a million children and her self AND keep up with the other kids and their neverneding string of dads who are also her best friend. In other challenges no, I like them to have needs and sleep...sometimes
  • mellindimellindi Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm not a fan of them. I like the game to be a little challenging so having needs to take care of helps with that. I do like the Always Welcome one though because it really comes in handy for visiting other sims especially on holidays. I use a mod for that now though so I don't really have a use for it anymore.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    Never use them in any of these games. (mood boosters or anything else) because what is the point of cooking if a Sim is never hungry, and or a nice comfy chair if a Sim never needs to sit down, and or not having to fill energy etc. why have a nice bedroom suit etc. I like motives more because that gives a Sim a reason to get out of a house to have fun, socialize and eat, or bathe etc. Think about it. There are far more better grind games with characters that don't need anything and you can grind away to fill a skill or a level or whatever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I think I've only ever used Steel Bladder - once. I don't like for my sims to have their needs become completely obsolete as that means they hardly, if at all, interact with many important objects anymore. I wouldn't mind a way for sims to speed up the ingame time it takes them satisfy their needs though. Like eating a sandwich or a bowl of cereal in 5 minutes ingame time and not taking 30-45 minutes for it. I don't like for my sims to not require any sleep, but wouldn't mind if they (or some of them) can do with 5 or 6 ingame hours to fully rest up etc.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2020
    No I don't use them, ever. They take away the fun of playing for me. I wish the reward traits would give my sims more personality instead.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I give sims who narratively would have said traits. Like I have a vampire sim who never needs to bathe because in my mind this guy doesn't sweat. He can and often does get dirty out in his garden but if he's not doing dirty work, a bit of hand washing and teeth brushing is enough for him!

I also have an 'alien' (not actually an alien life state) aquatic creature, who doesn't need to eat very often since he's cold-blooded.

For the most part tho, to manage needs I use the UI cheats.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I usually only use them for ghosts as some of the other posters have said. I also don't use the corresponding vampire traits except for "odorless," for some reason I mostly prefer odor-free vampires.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't not at all
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Nope - I don't use them as it makes the game too easy. In fact I rarely by the potty for my toddlers as it is pretty easy to get the 'Happy Toddler' trait and I don't want to make the game easier.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    No, I don't use them.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    Just used the one where they don't have to sleep as much and I love it.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I use Steel Bladder fairly frequently, and Antiseptic occasionally. I don't use the other needs traits. As others have mentioned, the game is already easy enough. But using it for ghosts and servos is a good idea.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Short answer: No

I never use them. It would take away from my gameplay experience, as my goal is never to make something easier. I enjoy the journey much more than the result.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted