Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music-related expansion pack upcoming!

Oh my god! Did y'all here that? We're getting a new and upcoming expansion pack that was related to music! No wonder if this brings us a singing career and some bands, that'll be super fun! Heh heh! I'm gonna love it if it happens! What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Source?
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Source?

there's no actual source to confirm it being a music-related pack, i just quoted something from EA's job posting and its asking for someone who has talent with instruments and vocals for an upcoming expansion:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17404350/#Comment_17404350

now that could be a lot of things and i just, off the top of my head, said it could be related to a band pack.

jumping the gun with a thread like this over something in a job posting haha. but i hope that's it! would be cool.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Source?

there's no actual source to confirm it being a music-related pack, i just quoted something from EA's job posting and its asking for someone who has talent with instruments and vocals for an upcoming expansion:

now that could be a lot of things and i just, off the top of my head, said it could be related to a band pack.

jumping the gun with a thread like this over something in a job posting haha. but i hope that's it! would be cool.

I agree, though I probably wouldn't use it very often.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Source?

I agree, though I probably wouldn't use it very often.

i think if there's enough instruments i could see it being used in every day play, like giving teens a drumset. and if they really wanna impress us bring in some instruments that have never been in a sims game before, like the flute, clarinet, trombone, saxophone, etc.

would be kinda awesome to be able to have an orchestra in this game hahhahah, i mean i think it could handle that many sims at once
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    If a pack like this gets listed by retailers sometime this year or next year, I'm gonna cry lmao I've wanted something like this for a long time.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Source?

I'm usually skeptical of translating job postings into hints at future packs, but mentioning instruments specifically... .
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh please let it include drums and saxophones! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2020
    Source?

No, I hate to burst your bubble, although I too would absolutely love a pack as you described, but each and every pack has new music of one kind or another. New music on the radio stations, and the tv, at least that's my guess.

But how cool would it be if we did get a pack with music! WOW!! Completely and utterly FABULOUS!!!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    There are things in the game that I would rather have (farming animals, horses, generation and romantic activities, sustainability / eco living, a winter vacation etc) but I wouldn’t mind a pack based on music. I’m not sure I would buy it though.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I forget the exact quote but a Guru once said once they start recording vocals the pack is about 3 months from being released so this would seem more so for the June expansion and not a game pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I forget the exact quote but a Guru once said once they start recording vocals the pack is about 3 months from being released so this would seem more so for the June expansion and not a game pack.

I think it was SimsCommunity that said that.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I don't think this is for the usual Simlish vocals, since the job includes talent with instruments.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Where did it say anything about instruments? I'm struggling to find that info.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    BariSaxy wrote: »

it doesn't just says: "• Music performance skills, vocals in particular"

i just assumed talent with instruments since they're asking for music performance skills and not music editing skills
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

i just assumed talent with instruments since they're asking for music performance skills and not music editing skills

Vocal is vocal, not instrumental though. And performance skills could be being the performer, or being the sound man, or being in a number of different roles. What the position sounds like to me, and I could be WAY off, is someone who is a music tech whose specialty is vocal music. Most of the things listed there are part of that skill set.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Should have been provided with Get Famous. Once again simmers are getting scammed and no one sees it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Felicity wrote: »

Vocal is vocal, not instrumental though. And performance skills could be being the performer, or being the sound man, or being in a number of different roles. What the position sounds like to me, and I could be WAY off, is someone who is a music tech whose specialty is vocal music. Most of the things listed there are part of that skill set.

that is why i said assumed, there's a lot that could mean.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Should have been provided with Get Famous. Once again simmers are getting scammed and no one sees it.

Depends how big a pack it'll be to me, and how long it'll take to come out.

I think a music pack is a good guess, but could be anything really. I'm not interested in the theme my self but doesn't mean I won't get it, I'd have to see what is included. i end up liking most packs.

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020

It says the vocal position will be a 6-12month long job though, so Idon't think for this June it'd be done.. It does say the position is now closed.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

that is why i said assumed, there's a lot that could mean.

Right, I'm just not sure why you assumed that. It wasn't in what the job required, just that it would be nice to have. Also, they are asking for sound editing in the primary job description. It's clear it's about voice, about production, etc. Anyway, I really do hope the next EP is exactly what you want because it would be cool.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited February 2020
    Drum sets, electric guitars, and bass! I want one of those back, now!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    I feel it should be broader performance pack rather than only music

similarily to how showtime had show magic and whatever on side i want some circus funs and such too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2020
    While this should've been in Get Famous, if it's a music pack, that would be something I'd actually purchase. Personally, I think the instruments and the singing in the game is very well done. I used to make my Sim grab the guitar and just listen to him sing and play for a while, exploring all the music. I just want bands, sax, drums, and electric guitar. If it's a pack that adds those, I'm actually pretty sold already.

I'm also a sucker for music, being a musician myself.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm not sure if it's really a hint for the next EP. We could look it in 2 different perspectives. They're growing, so they need more contract employees to assist with multiple packs in production (mainly audio) or they have a high turnover, hence, they prefer to hire contract staff than permanent.

However, if this is a "thing", I hope that it's not limited to instrumental music only. It will be nice to have a Broadway, traditional/cultural instruments, music festival, etc.
    OID:- x4m1r4