March 27 - Click here for the last Friday Highlight of the month!
March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

why I don't like sims 2 as much as3 and 4

13...Next

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,924 Member
    edited March 22
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Never had a problem with the aspirations system, played how I wanted to and let the chips fall where they may. Any problems came mainly with trying to handle more than 4 sims at a time. Too easy to focus on one or two and the rest start tanking. Fully agree with the dating thing though. It was more like pushing buttons than a way to strengthen a relationship. TS1 did that much better.

Yeah, that's how I played, too. My goals not the game's goals. I thought it was easy on dates because I would wait until a Sim was hungry so they could go out to eat. That's what a lot of people do, right? They go to dinner, or somewhere. It was only hard when the other Sim had silly wants like things I couldn't fill like get a promotion, and or learn a skill or be friends with someone else in the room. But usually going to dine out with someone usally solved a big problem by filling both Sims' wishes, and adding a lot more time to the meter. Sometimes, the dates had went so well, and my Sim out of energy that I went ahead and ended them. The only bad date my Sim had was recently due to glitch with the taxi. Even before my Sim could get in the taxi to go meet the Sim, she asked where he was at? Lol, and thought he had stood her up. But she showed up at the restaurant anyway, (but not together) and so he asked someone else out while there. Too bad, she lost her chance. lol But they were BFFs so it really didn't hurt the relationship at all though he got a bad memory for a bad date. It was a glitch with the taxi, it showed up on time but I got the message he better get going....weird.

And I would think (for me) seeing wishes of both Sims was a lot better than TS4's to do list of talk ten times, sit down with Sim fifteen times etc.

I liked the dates in sims 2 I never did it in 3 that much and I dont think making the dates an event like they did in sims 4 was a good idea
    because you can only do so much with the prizes you get it makes you not want to date in 4
    I still like the dates in 4 though I just wish there was more to it and more romance stuff in the game as a whole
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 15,462 Member
    I had my Sims date in Sims3, but I had to get creative in finding places for them to go. It made me really, really miss the interactive restaurants of Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 1,240 Member
    Dates in sims 2 were my favourites. I loved all the interactions sims could do in a restaurant table and so much more... I never cared for the meter but i did care for the other sim's wants. I loved that we could see it!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,374 Member
    edited March 23
    Never had a problem with the aspirations system, played how I wanted to and let the chips fall where they may. Any problems came mainly with trying to handle more than 4 sims at a time. Too easy to focus on one or two and the rest start tanking. Fully agree with the dating thing though. It was more like pushing buttons than a way to strengthen a relationship. TS1 did that much better.

Yeah, that's how I played, too. My goals not the game's goals. I thought it was easy on dates because I would wait until a Sim was hungry so they could go out to eat. That's what a lot of people do, right? They go to dinner, or somewhere. It was only hard when the other Sim had silly wants like things I couldn't fill like get a promotion, and or learn a skill or be friends with someone else in the room. But usually going to dine out with someone usally solved a big problem by filling both Sims' wishes, and adding a lot more time to the meter. Sometimes, the dates had went so well, and my Sim out of energy that I went ahead and ended them. The only bad date my Sim had was recently due to glitch with the taxi. Even before my Sim could get in the taxi to go meet the Sim, she asked where he was at? Lol, and thought he had stood her up. But she showed up at the restaurant anyway, (but not together) and so he asked someone else out while there. Too bad, she lost her chance. lol But they were BFFs so it really didn't hurt the relationship at all though he got a bad memory for a bad date. It was a glitch with the taxi, it showed up on time but I got the message he better get going....weird.

And I would think (for me) seeing wishes of both Sims was a lot better than TS4's to do list of talk ten times, sit down with Sim fifteen times etc.

I liked the dates in sims 2 I never did it in 3 that much and I dont think making the dates an event like they did in sims 4 was a good idea
    because you can only do so much with the prizes you get it makes you not want to date in 4
    I still like the dates in 4 though I just wish there was more to it and more romance stuff in the game as a whole

Lol, I remember having a poor Sim go on a date in TS2, only to get that big screen TV left on his porch, lol. And dinner was a coupon he got in the mail for dinner for two. :p Ah, good times, before they all got that computer from Humble and have money right away if they sell it. Rags to riches became even easier as the game went on and easy peasy stuff was added after The Sims Studio took over. :( (Such as Networking) I gave those away because it would spoil my Sim's journey since it would add money to the family funds if I deleted that stuff. And or easy promotion next day, or FT easy peasy slow bladder, slow energy loss, slower comfort need etc. I really started to dislike TS2 after the two Seasons patches that changed the ratios of death to hardly ever, and started added kiddy demotions instead of fired etc. That was all done by The Sims Studio after they took over in 2007.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,924 Member
    edited March 23

Lol, I remember having a poor Sim go on a date in TS2, only to get that big screen TV left on his porch, lol. And dinner was a coupon he got in the mail for dinner for two. :p Ah, good times, before they all got that computer from Humble and have money right away if they sell it. Rags to riches became even easier as the game went on and easy peasy stuff was added after The Sims Studio took over. :( (Such as Networking) I gave those away because it would spoil my Sim's journey since it would add money to the family funds if I deleted that stuff. And or easy promotion next day, or FT easy peasy slow bladder, slow energy loss, slower comfort need etc. I really started to dislike TS2 after the two Seasons patches that changed the ratios of death to hardly ever, and started added kiddy demotions instead of fired etc. That was all done by The Sims Studio after they took over in 2007.

I hear you there's a lot of people that would like the sims to be harder and there a lot of people who want the game to be relaxing
    which is why I think sims 5 should have a hard a normal and easy mode this would sat it apart from all other sims games from the start
    @Cinebar
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims