Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    bcd87 wrote: »
    Sad but not surprised 65 didn't make the cut. It was my favorite item, but it didn't seem particularly popular.

Will 70 and 80 have some masculine swatches? Boys need clothes too.

70 and 80 will include masculine, feminine, and unisex swatches.
    Thank you for that. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @SimGuruSarah Can you explain why we were never told before the CAS vote that not all items would be able to be made in game? I'd like to know if we will be told which objects will be actually able to be knit for the object vote before it happens. There was much confusion among simmers during the CAS vote on this very issue. I don't think its fair to us to not know if what we're voting for is actual knitting gameplay or just decoration.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    There's a full body outfit we got with Get Famous (the denim skirt and jacket) that I believe was shown in the concept art for an Arcade Pack for the last community stuff pack vote, so we might see some of these in other DLC I guess.
    Mocker wrote: »
    SimGuruSarah I have a question, what will happen to other concept arts that won’t win the vote?
    They will be forgotten or they have a chance to appear again in the future(update,DLC, etc)?

Unused concept art goes into an archive and our Art Directors can reference it again in the future.

• VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    @davina1221 I also thought #23 would make an amazing outfit for a COOL grandma. Just because a sim is old doesn't mean they have to dress "dumpy".
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Would it be possible to have knitted swatches of all the new CAS items that can be unlocked through gameplay, rather than specific items themselves?
    #Team Occult
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    @davina1221 I also thought #23 would make an amazing outfit for a COOL grandma. Just because a sim is old doesn't mean they have to dress "dumpy".

I thought #23 would look weird on a young adult, but oh man. Now that you mention it, that outfit would give grandmother sims a quirky sophistication. That would have been cool.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh, it's exciting to finally see the results!! I should have marked down my final vote choices to compare, lol, why didn't I do that? I agree with those boots getting all the love, they are gorgeous! :love: I can't remember if I voted for them in the end, but I definitely wanted them. The men's tops are all great. I really like the female adult and child sweaters. I love the toddler onesie with the elephant on it. :love: I'm really excited to have a new in-game crafting activity to make clothes. I had a lot of fun making clothes in Sims 2 and Sims Castaway.

Dear gurus, please double-check the results for the rolled-up jeans with the thick brown belt and sparkles all over the thighs. This was clearly some type of technical error. No Simmers wear jeans like that. If you read back all eight pages you will see not a single person expressed any excitement to knit while shining in their bejeweled jeans. I strongly contest this vote result. Something terrible must have happened to the survey. Maybe it was hacked by whoever created those jeans.

Also, since we already have the cropped tank top 33 in a wide variety of colors and floral patterns, can you please replace it with some socks or slippers? Slippers can be embroidered too!

The hats though. :heartbreak::cry: I'm really sad that we are not getting more hats. There were just so many beautiful hats to choose from and I think the votes went a bit wild and split whereas the other clothing options had more consensus on which ones looked the best. Isn't this called vote splitting? Maybe the developers should really consider which category overall got the most votes. If it was hats... then please add 2, 5, 10, 16, 19 and 20. There is plenty of room for lots of hats they are very small items. <3

You are wrong. I like those jeans, in fact, I LOVE them.

I don't want them to replace 33. It was top 15 and I voted for it. But, if they would add that design to the top you are talking about, then I wouldn't be offended. However, slippery slope for this pack and any future community packs if you cancel out the majority vote.
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    LiELF wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have knitted swatches of all the new CAS items that can be unlocked through gameplay, rather than specific items themselves?

We'll have more gameplay discussions in coming weeks around the specifics of what we're hoping to make to gather feedback from the community, but this is something we're currently discussing.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That's good to know. Now I just need to hope that this time the winning items will be craftable. Fingers crossed.
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    That's good to know. Now I just need to hope that this time the winning items will be craftable. Fingers crossed.

There will definitely be craftable items. If for whatever reason no craftables (or not enough craftables) did not make it into the top votes then we will balance by swapping out lower voted non-craftable items for the top voted craftable items.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member

There will definitely be craftable items. If for whatever reason no craftables (or not enough craftables) did not make it into the top votes then we will balance by swapping out lower voted non-craftable items for the top voted craftable items.

I like yo style, Sarah. I might be looking forward to this pack more and more if things are functionable/craftable.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    When the object vote happens it will contain knittable objects, as well other crafted-style objects and non-knitted craft clutter as options for voting.

So no chance of more knitted wearable items. :'(

We should have been told beforehand that there wouldn't be a separate vote on knitted items. A lot of Simmers have said they would've voted differently if they'd known we would only be knitting guru-chosen items from the CAS and object selections.

Perhaps putting those things knittable together to vote on, clutter to vote on, any larger items together to vote on, and then pick game play. That way simmers will know what is knittable and the pack won't be lopsided. If you lump it together, then simmers will only pick all the knittables and big furniture, with basically no cool clutter. I am not a clutter person in the Sims3 or 4, but after I accepted that granny didn't win, I looked at the craft room and for the first time ever, wanted clutter. The peg board, the cart, the blue containers under the peg board, the jar, the table with the doily, the round container on the huge table, and after all that, the stool and large table.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SimGuruSarah I was wondering why #52 isn't craftable. Is it just to keep the number of items per body category even? I'd rather have an extra piece for adult males, even if it throws the count off.

Also, could we please get child and toddler versions of #12? Kids need cute hats too.

I would suggest adding slippers for all ages and one more hat. It would make the CAS feel more well-rounded, but still keep the number of items under 20.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just chiming back in to say that I think there's enough interest in a separate stuff pack focused on the male sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @SimGuruSarah how big is the knitting station going to be? Could you please indicate the size of the objects in the vote too and if you can interact with them somehow? I'm using Tiny Living in my gameplay and I'm wondering ... will I have to knit outside? :worried: Can there be a tiny basket of yarn that works too, just like we now have little book stacks that function as bookcases? It's okay to have my woodworking and flower stations outside, but I'm not sure I would feel so good putting my elderly grandmothers and pregnant Moms outside to knit a hat and toddler onesie and I feel like knitting is such a perfect hobby for someone living in a tiny house.

@SimGuruSarah how big is the knitting station going to be?

I'm assuming Sims will only need knitting needles, which are handheld, and not a big crafting station.

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    candyboot wrote: »
    Oh, it's exciting to finally see the results!! I should have marked down my final vote choices to compare, lol, why didn't I do that? I agree with those boots getting all the love, they are gorgeous! :love: I can't remember if I voted for them in the end, but I definitely wanted them. The men's tops are all great. I really like the female adult and child sweaters. I love the toddler onesie with the elephant on it. :love: I'm really excited to have a new in-game crafting activity to make clothes. I had a lot of fun making clothes in Sims 2 and Sims Castaway.

Dear gurus, please double-check the results for the rolled-up jeans with the thick brown belt and sparkles all over the thighs. This was clearly some type of technical error. No Simmers wear jeans like that. If you read back all eight pages you will see not a single person expressed any excitement to knit while shining in their bejeweled jeans. I strongly contest this vote result. Something terrible must have happened to the survey. Maybe it was hacked by whoever created those jeans.

Also, since we already have the cropped tank top 33 in a wide variety of colors and floral patterns, can you please replace it with some socks or slippers? Slippers can be embroidered too!

The hats though. :heartbreak::cry: I'm really sad that we are not getting more hats. There were just so many beautiful hats to choose from and I think the votes went a bit wild and split whereas the other clothing options had more consensus on which ones looked the best. Isn't this called vote splitting? Maybe the developers should really consider which category overall got the most votes. If it was hats... then please add 2, 5, 10, 16, 19 and 20. There is plenty of room for lots of hats they are very small items. <3

You are wrong. I like those jeans, in fact, I LOVE them.

I don't want them to replace 33. It was top 15 and I voted for it. But, if they would add that design to the top you are talking about, then I wouldn't be offended. However, slippery slope for this pack and any future community packs if you cancel out the majority vote.

If they'd gone with the majority, it sounds like we'd be getting nothing but YA-F clothing, which would make many Simmers, including me, very unhappy. One way to avoid this in the future might be to have people choose a certain number from each category - say, 2 items from adult-f, 2 from adult-m, 2 from kids and 2 from toddlers, and then let players distribute the other 7.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    If they'd gone with the majority, it sounds like we'd be getting nothing but YA-F clothing, which would make many Simmers, including me, very unhappy. One way to avoid this in the future might be to have people choose a certain number from each category - say, 2 items from adult-f, 2 from adult-m, 2 from kids and 2 from toddlers, and then let players distribute the other 7.

Good idea, although I'd have less wildcards to prevent ending up with 9 adult female pieces: 4 items for each adult category, 3 for kids, 3 for toddlers, and only one wildcard slot.

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @SimGuruSarah how big is the knitting station going to be?

I'm assuming Sims will only need knitting needles, which are handheld, and not a big crafting station.

I really hope what you say is true ... it's just that once upon a time I assumed my Sim's could bake cupcakes in their ovens since cupcakes are so small and normally baked in ovens ... and well, I checked the fridge, I checked the oven, I looked for small baking appliances for the countertops, I tried all the stoves in case one was a special baking stove, I even tried to use the microwave .. until one day I searched online and discovered I owned a huge metal factory object that I had to put in my Sim's backyard to bake a cupcake. :joy: Since then, I wouldn't really say I base my Sims 4 assumptions on rational thought and logical reasoning, but I do hope you are right because we have those chopstick animations after all. I am really hoping for knitting needles and balls of yarn I could keep in the Sim's inventory, that would be amazing. Sims 2 and Castaway crafted clothes on benches and I thought the art showed some type of square crafting station that looked at least 4 tiles, so I have a feeling we are getting some type of bench/crafting station. If it is a 4 tile bench though, I was thinking to build art and craft centers for my Sims living in tiny houses. I would prefer to know the sizes though, so I could vote on the smallest objects.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    I just needed the boots the most. A few other items I voted for won as well, but those boots, man! YAY!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Reggie_C1Reggie_C1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Literally anything to help keep builders happy would be nice... Ps, Valentine's day is my birthday.... Let birthday gift maybe??? Hey??... Not for a console gamer though...
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This is only the second time we've done a community voted SP, and it is a unique when compared with Laundry Day since the clothing and objects are a core part of the gameplay, so we're listening to your feedback and learning as we go. Thank you for all the feedback and your engagement on the forums, it is very important to us. You may only see me replying to threads here, but other gurus are reading them as well, and we discuss them fairly regularly (Ninja and I were just chatting about the Crimes Against Yarn thread a mere 20 min ago)
    It is a really good thread. I enjoyed reading it. I admit I wouldn't even mind it as the title of the pack too since it is so cute and clever. I mean thanks to Masterpiece I've probably seen a few mystery shows of actual crimes involving knitting, but it was nice the thread reminded me of some features that were added with Sims 4 University pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DreamingInSimlishDreamingInSimlish Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh no.
  • JusKeepSimminJusKeepSimmin Posts: 27 Member
    Am I the only one who really wanted the Jughead looking beanie? :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top