Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on Realm Of Magic

Someone noticed there wasn't a topic on this so I'm putting it up.

Did you know in the Magic world sims can overheat even if its 3am? I think this is a bug.

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Did you know

- there is a difference between removing a curse by spell or by potion. The spell only removes one curse which you get to choose. Perfect if you want to keep one for story purposes. The potion removes all curses at once. The spell also has a cool down.
    - the cauldron can be used to cook some meals by any sim, even non-spellcasters and works off grid.
    - if you need crystals for potions you can simply order them at home online with a computer. (I *think* this is base game)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Thank you Cat! Did you know there is a town with witch stores where your Sim Witch can buy a broom and ingredients? Caster's Aalley! East of the main magic Building!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Did you know a vegetarian spellcaster will only delicio vegetarian food? I was pleased to see they remembered to do that.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Did you know a vegetarian spellcaster will only delicio vegetarian food? I was pleased to see they remembered to do that.

wow that's a really nice touch!
  • zahrzahr Posts: 3 New Member
    Did you know there are two rare spell books called Tome for Low Ranked Spellcasters, and Tome for high Ranked spellcasters, the later of which is the spell book from the game pack's title image, the tome seems to only give your spellcasters xp from reading them though and nothing else.
    zahr wrote: »
    Did you know there are two rare spell books called Tome for Low Ranked Spellcasters, and Tome for high Ranked spellcasters, the later of which is the spell book from the game pack's title image, the tome seems to only give your spellcasters xp from reading them though and nothing else.

I think my sim found one of them. Thanks for explaining what it does.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    DYK that if you Delicioso a plate of spoiled food, it becomes fresh again?
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Did you know that potion quality affects appearance. A low or poor quality potion actually has the appearance of a plastic cup lol.
    Speaking of Potions I didn't know that Sims can bottle all but they can also drink from the cauldron using a spoon which I thought was a nice touch.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Did you know that potion quality affects appearance. A low or poor quality potion actually has the appearance of a plastic cup lol.

Seriously? I just had my first potions in a plastic cup yesterday. I blamed a cc potion shelf which I was testing to the moment. I think the plastic cup is only visible when the potion is placed in the world. In my sims inventory it looked normal.

Speaking of potion storage,
    did you know you can store potions in your sims inventory, or in the inventory of a fridge, sales table (City living or jungle adventure) or the large ICYA storage chest (discover university, the one you can label). Unfortunately not in bookcases or the base game storage chests.
    I mean I can only assume it was a plastic cup because it said it was poor quality and I'm on console so I definitely don't have custom content.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    • A fun way to kill sims: set fire to the are around their bed. They'll wake up and step into the flames.
    • You can set those kiddie pools on fire. The water will be charred and burnt.
    • You can commit insurance fraud by burning your furniture, collecting the insurance money and then using the repair spell to fix everything.
    • There's nothing stopping you from going to peoples' houses and torching everything.
    • You can use Inferniate to light fireplaces.
    • The fixing spell can be used to make flower arrangements fresh again.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Did you know that Familiars are classified under categories of rareness?

Common
    Bunnerfly
    Fairy
    Raven
    Sixam Owl

Uncommon
    Dragon
    Glowfrog
    Hex Doll
    Leafbat

Rare
    Phoenix
    Skull
    Veild

Also if you own Cats and Dogs EP you can make your car or dog a familiar!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You can find magic tomes for spells and potions by rummaging in the book shelves at Magic HQ in the Realm. Also, you can simply claim any familiar orbs lying around as decorations.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member

Thank you so much for that video, I had no idea about most of the things in ROM. This pack is much cooler than I realized
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    windweaver wrote: »

Thank you so much for that video, I had no idea about most of the things in ROM. This pack is much cooler than I realized

I know right! Lots of things I didn't know. It definitely made me look at RoM in a new light.
    You can eat... I mean absorb motes for experience points.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Did you know the potion of plentiful needs is the best potion ever?
    fills up all your needs instantly and only needs 1 apple to brew, I love it.

DYK about duells?
    - friendly duell will raise the relationshipbar with the one you duell
    - heated duell will lower the relationshipbar with the one you duell

DYK different familiars will comment on you gaining a rank, learning a new spell/potion and magical charge differently.
    For example, the skull familiar told me to keep going when my magical charge was very high and was overall making more evil/sarcastic comments than the other familiars I have.
    Gordy wrote: »
    • A fun way to kill sims: set fire to the are around their bed. They'll wake up and step into the flames.
    • You can set those kiddie pools on fire. The water will be charred and burnt.
    • You can commit insurance fraud by burning your furniture, collecting the insurance money and then using the repair spell to fix everything.
    • There's nothing stopping you from going to peoples' houses and torching everything.
    • You can use Inferniate to light fireplaces.
    • The fixing spell can be used to make flower arrangements fresh again.

ooh, didn't know about the kiddie pools...hehehe >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat