Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An option to turn screenshot notifications on/off.

wB2Zykl.jpg

An option to turn screenshot notifications on/off. 42 votes

Yes, I would like to have the option to turn it off.
88%
CK213CamkatasimbsimAuroraBoreallisCynnaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010RadioAChickenluthienrisingCinebarJoAnne65HestiaMirichataydevGracieO312graecynChuChuExpress83bienchenEnkiSchmidtHermitgirl 37 votes
No, I like it the way it is.
11%
bixterstexxx78RememberJoynerdfashionDaWaterRat 5 votes

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Eh. I don't necessarily "like" the notification, but I'm not really longing for an option to turn it off either.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    I've been looking for a way to turn them off since the launch of Sims 4. I mean, you normally know when you take a picture and it's not that difficult to find them on you computer anyway.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes please. I would like to turn off so many of the notifications without having to use mods for it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2020
    +notifications in general
    +sims phone notifications too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    'Hey, it looks like you've taken a screenshot. Hey, it looks like you've taken a screenshot. HEY, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE TAKEN A SCREENSHOT!'

This. Needs. To. Stop.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Oh lord yes please. I need this desperately. I drives me absolutely bonkers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited February 2020
    'Hey, it looks like you've taken a screenshot. Hey, it looks like you've taken a screenshot. HEY, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE TAKEN A SCREENSHOT!'

This. Needs. To. Stop.
    LOL reminds me of Zelda like hearing this whenever a notification comes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN1WlLVoHSQ

I much prefer the visual alert whenever something like the burglar happened instead with the mini camera. Then again those notifications were funnier too and could easily be closed instead of building up a long wall.:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dHVrWtiTI
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Scobre.
    It's more like Clippit (aka Clippy), the annoying Windows Assistant.
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I've always thought it to be a crazy idea from the start, so yes, please, it needs to be 'terminated' without prejudice...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Scobre Egoraptor is OG. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, after six years I think people know if they took a screenshot. If they can hide this for wishes then notifications need an overhaul.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No, I like it the way it is.
    I wouldn't mind the option, but I'd rather they focus on MUCH more important things than this.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    It should have been an option from the beginning, the notification is useless. I use reshade instead.
    Post edited by logion on
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited February 2020
    In the game options menu, there's a check box that says "Show dialog after capture". There's also a checkbox on the popup box itself, that says "don't show this dialog again.". So, we can already shut that off.

Are you talking about the notification that pops up on the upper right? Where notifications already pop up for everything your Sim does anyway? If that's the case, then what you want is notifications in general to be toggled off, not specifically just screenshots.

I would be all for a notifications toggle.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    @lisamwitt.
    No, that toggles the window that allows you share the screenshot to social media.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    @lisamwitt.
    No, that toggles the window that allows you share the screenshot to social media.

I know. This post specifically mentioned screenshot notifications, so I wondered if maybe they'd missed that, because it's specific to screenshots.

The small green notification box isn't something that's tied just to screenshots per se. It's part of the whole notification system. Every time you do something, a notification pops up. So, to get rid of it, you'd want a toggle for all notifications.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    @lisamwitt.

I know. This post specifically mentioned screenshot notifications, so I wondered if maybe they'd missed that, because it's specific to screenshots.

The small green notification box isn't something that's tied just to screenshots per se. It's part of the whole notification system. Every time you do something, a notification pops up. So, to get rid of it, you'd want a toggle for all notifications.

The screenshot notification should be separate from all notifications because it is related to something the player does deliberately. It is the same reason we don't get a notification every time we do other things in the game that the player does deliberately.
    @Scobre.
    It's more like Clippit (aka Clippy), the annoying Windows Assistant.
    I actually liked Clippit. B) Much less annoying than websites that have pop ups especially those websites that illegally override the pop up blockers with annoying videos.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I don't like notifications, they're anointing.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe they can take a page from Windows 10 and let players set what type of notifications they want to get and turn off all others.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.