Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 is rumoured to be going online. For it or against it?

1235...Next

Comments

• OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    I would be happy with an option to play online as long as I can still play single player.
    Multiplayer would not fit well with the bulk of this game. I think the developers realise this when multiplayer is really restricted to just sharing things across the gallery.

Where multiplayer may work however is in the Game Packs.

For narrative:
    - would Strangerville storyline be better if it was a many limbed "choose your own adventure" style that you could run in groups with dice rolling for decision making. Even if there was only one canon ending, you are unlikely to see it often.

For exploring mechanics:
    - would Jungle Adventure be better if it played out with survival mechanics and limited supplies and if your group has not completed it in x number of days you fail and holiday is over.

For business mechanics:
    - everyone hates Dine Out, but what if you had the option to run a business together and each person takes a different role in the business?

These would all be time limited events however, at the end of the "Dungeon" or "Raid" to use MMO terms, you are judged and rewarded based upon group's success rate and earn various things to take back into single player mode. You can then have the option to copy the other players into CAS if you want to incorporate them in your world.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I do not want an online component to be apart of the game.
    Now I couldn't care less. Whether it's online or not they gonna mess it. I don't have any more faith in this team and EA. Long live to Paralives.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TheWilliams95TheWilliams95 Posts: 20 Member
    I would be happy with an option to play online as long as I can still play single player.
    i think it will be OK to have it online
    if that what some people like but if they dont they can change it to offline
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    The majority of the feedback shows players hate the idea so I’m not sure why they’d even consider it. The Sims 4 had to be changed mid-development because it was supposed to be multiplayer then they realised we didn’t want that?
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I won't buy it if it is online only. In fact, I won't buy it if they expand the online component beyond what we have with the Gallery, because I don't do multiplayer and generally avoid games with Online Social components. I can only imagine how badly Sims 5 will suffer if they attempt to split their time/budget between single offline player and online. We already need to beg just to get the simplest items added to the game, imagine how much worse it could become... scary thought. Also, I recall in Sims 3, the Showtime EP had an online social component, and I friggen hated it. If they need micro-transaction money, just bring back the Sims Store, but leave the game single player, please.
  • cemason004cemason004 Posts: 6 New Member
    Going online would be cool, but getting an app for the sims forums, and gallery would be even cooler and more convenient.
  • captainjoshua77captainjoshua77 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm all for making Sims 5 online but make it like Animal Crossing because Multiplayer should be optional and not mandatory.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    NO WAY!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The majority of the feedback shows players hate the idea so I’m not sure why they’d even consider it. The Sims 4 had to be changed mid-development because it was supposed to be multiplayer then they realised we didn’t want that?

The idea of a multiplayer game is that it could be potentially profitable. That's all EA sees and ignores the fact that ALL their past attempts at making a sim game online successful has FAILED 100%. They refuse to acknowledge that the people who play sim games are just not that type of gamer and are trying to force a square peg into a round whole.

It looks like they're really intent on making TS5 online regardless of what the simming community says, but it's just going to bomb just like with SimCity Online. Meanwhile, their competitors are working feverishly to make their games blow TS5 out of the water and listening to what the simming community wants. Seriously, EA has only itself to blame when they lose us.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited April 2020
    It would have to be heavily moderated with more staff online all the time and EA would either have to limit everything to tame stuff to suit the age group or uprate the game for older ages. That might lead to some gaming that most players wouldn't like. Now we can go for mods like '🐸🐸🐸🐸' if we want to and that's ok.

Just noticed that an innocuous comment to a mod got flowered out. Have they replaced plums or is it just that mod! :o:D
    And now it's back to normal again. Moderators? :D
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm against it because online games tend to be like "you can pay this micro-transaction for this thing you want, or you will have to no-life grind to get it" and considering the way Sims Mobile is, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to an online Sims 5.
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    It would be interesting to have a lobby or something where you can walk around as a sim and talk to other simmers, but I really don't think that the effort would do anything but distract the team from putting more effort into far more staple aspects such as personalities and life states.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's okay for the online gallery but I don't want any other part of the game online.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • origionalmeheheorigionalmehehe Posts: 12 New Member
    I would love to play Sims online!
    I would totally play Sims 5. I pretty much grew up on sims!. I am playing Showtime right now and am in desperate need of some gifting buddies so if anyone is interested feel free to add me! Origionalmehehe
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    They just never learn..lol..if they try it..they can keep it.
  • PointlessHippiePointlessHippie Posts: 9 New Member
    I just wish sims 5 was a polished version of all the games, like with sims 4 graphics and the things from all the games combined. I just want an extremely detailed game with high graphics.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I just wish sims 5 was a polished version of all the games, like with sims 4 graphics and the things from all the games combined. I just want an extremely detailed game with high graphics.

I would love that.
  • Chloe1Chloe1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would usually say yes, definitely. I've always said how cool it would be to be able to play with my friends, be able to talk with them as we play just like any other game. But for some reason, the sims is something I like to play on my own as a little down time. It's nice to be in a game were you're fully in control and no one else is able to ruin anything in your game. However, I am open to having an online option for the people who want online. Then everyone is happy.