Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 is rumoured to be going online. For it or against it?

Comments

• lilybluesimslilybluesims Posts: 19 Member
    I do not want an online component to be apart of the game.
    Honestly, like many have stated before me, I just want more to the game. Like all the catch up, plus new stuff. I don't think I would use any online component anyways.
    xz1R97il.png
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    No thanks. I like cc and mods and those things usually aren't compatible with online gaming. Sims just isn't an online game. I'd rather them focus on getting all the wanted features out of the way in the base game. Start us off with weather, university, good careers, owning a business, single sim living, family play and an assortment of communities with homes to apartment living instead of working on online features. Those features should all be in the base game going forward so they can work on new ideas. That's what I'd prefer over sims online.
  • LGBTQ_SimmerLGBTQ_Simmer Posts: 15 New Member
    I would be happy with an option to play online as long as I can still play single player.
    I don't really care either way, but I personally cannot play online a lot. I would prefer it for convenience purposes to make it both options, so that everyone is happy. Although, I feel like the offline version should have more detail and time put into it, seeing as that's how we normally play sims and it's just preferable. Yet sometimes the sims gets boring alone, so I think adding an online feature would be awesome! But it would be really disappointing if we didn't have at least the offline feature. :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    I think about Multiplayer Story Progression
    Like the MMORPG, the players write their own stories and partially share some parts of the life with the other players.

It could be more realistic and less limited than a Story Progression made by an AI.

• BoyfriendBoyfriend Posts: 19 Member
    I would be happy with an option to play online as long as I can still play single player.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 yall are negative. Killing yet another sim game. Lets just eat the same thing for dinner every night too.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I love how you give an opinion based on a question asked makes you negative...lol
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Boyfriend wrote: »
    🌺🌺🌺🌺 yall are negative. Killing yet another sim game. Lets just eat the same thing for dinner every night too.

You can always play Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay. Those are already online.

I don't know why we would need TS5 to be online when they already have those two other online Sims games.

It would be redundant. Moreover, between TS5: The Online Multiplayer Game and the other two already established mobile games, why would people choose the PC version which would probably be priced at $50 or more, when they have the two mobile games which start out free? And on top of the purchase price, there will be microtransactions to boot?

It will be another massive failure. But by the time EA realizes that, they will have already lost all their customers to Paralives, Paradox Tectonic and other upcoming competitive game studios.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's going online for the purpose of easily selling us microtransactions and lootboxes. So I'm against it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    My reasoning is quite simple... I like my Sims game to be 100% mine. It's my story, my characters, my tailored little world. I don't need nor do I want my sims to interact with other peoples' sims.

I love the gallery. I love pulling in Sims other people have created, but I do not want actual online multiplayer play.

That's just not how I play. It's my dollhouse! Let me have it the way I want.
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    No no no no. Just no. The gallery is awesome, but that's all we need.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Absolutely not. Period.
  • ImmortalHD1ImmortalHD1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't see the problem with an online aspect to the game as long as singleplayer is there and multiplayer does not interfere with single player.
  • horsekehorseke Posts: 28 Member
    Sims 5 should be an eyecatcher. It should have a wow-factor. Not a hey there is no pools and this and that are lacking. The team should concentrate on the finishing touch. It should feel like a full game from the start. Single player first, introduce an online part later. But single player always needs to be the main focus of the game. The in game gallery should stay.

I do like the idea of an online section but more like farming simulator: people can create a new server, make it private/by password and join each other's session and play with friends, do builds together, etc.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I'm not interested in a Sims game online or in any online component. I want the game to stay one player game strickly. I want to stay in control over what happens to my sims. I don't want any other player to mess with my sims.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Aristarchus310Aristarchus310 Posts: 16 Member
    As long as there is a single-player mode, then I wouldn't mind it at all.

I quite enjoy online games when they are done correctly, however, I am unsure how The Sims would function if it were online so I suppose it really just depends on what they decide to do with it.

Realistic days and time flow would suck, being able to live in a world with other players would not. I would absolutely love it if my Sim could meet another player's Sim and we were given the option for them to get married and have children. I would not love it at all if it were like the Sims mobile and worlds were instanced.

I know that my fiancee and I would be ecstatic to be able to share an inter-player family on The Sims, and personally, I wouldn't mind having another player play as my child.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    I am not going to buy Sims 5, if I am forced to play online. Every game is going online for one and the same reason: Making money for the company via increased sales and more addicted kids.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As long as there is a single-player mode, then I wouldn't mind it at all.

I quite enjoy online games when they are done correctly, however, I am unsure how The Sims would function if it were online so I suppose it really just depends on what they decide to do with it.

Realistic days and time flow would suck, being able to live in a world with other players would not. I would absolutely love it if my Sim could meet another player's Sim and we were given the option for them to get married and have children. I would not love it at all if it were like the Sims mobile and worlds were instanced.

I know that my fiancee and I would be ecstatic to be able to share an inter-player family on The Sims, and personally, I wouldn't mind having another player play as my child.

How would another person playing as your child work? If that were possible how would you want to play that? I'm a deviant player, let's say you were my parent in the game, what is it you expect to play? tell me to do my homework? Because I won't. :p Tell me to learn a skill, no sorry I'm going to be making messes. :# Tell me to go here or there...no sorry I'll skip school and fail my grades and torment everyone else in game, what would you do then? Throw me out of the family? o:)

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I heard the online aspects are going to concentrate on "social interaction and competition".

I imagine the online aspects will be more like events we all leave our personal games for and join others in a controlled space. Sure, we'll probably have the ability to invite others to join our game or ask others if we can join theirs, but outside of the controlled space I doubt we'll have the ability to join strangers or allow strangers to join us.

• Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I would like the option to share a save file that a friend and I could both play in. Something like stardew valleys multiplayer system maybe. But an mmo style of play that you see in games like Roblox? That would be incredibly awful.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Against, because it kills custom content.
    Can't play with people if they don't have the same CC as you.

(I mean you could but they'd all be naked)
    wJbomAo.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don’t think people understand the ramifications of others joining their game. I can just imagine the forum posts and the complaining. If it is online I am not buying it but I will be on the forums to watch the drama unfold LOL
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I specifically avoid online games because I find them to be unsafe and filled with creeps.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »
    My reasoning is quite simple... I like my Sims game to be 100% mine. It's my story, my characters, my tailored little world. I don't need nor do I want my sims to interact with other peoples' sims.

I love the gallery. I love pulling in Sims other people have created, but I do not want actual online multiplayer play.

That's just not how I play. It's my dollhouse! Let me have it the way I want.

I feel the exact same way. I don't think I will buy it if it is online. Sims is one game that I don't want to share with anyone.
  • FunsizedleeFunsizedlee Posts: 3 New Member
    Honestly, I understand the hesitation with an online component and I'm not not entirely for it. However, I do like the idea of possibly playing with your friends and having your sims interact with other sims that are played by others. There are just so many questions and issues that come with this type of context. Will they be able to interact with your sims and make decisions while your not there or do your sims go on pause when you're not online? This would make the game more like mobile which would be terrible. Also would the game still be downloadable or would it be entirely online? Will there be a one time purchase or subscription? Would there be free play for those to sign up and only be able to do things once you become a member? Questions like these all come with an "online" game. I think putting it entirely online would be a very bad idea especially if subscriptions are involved or purchasable content like in the sims 3. I think maybe a world dedicated to online play in the game would be interesting. Maybe one world thats open world where sim players could come together and interact would be a neat idea.