Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What future EP will include zodiac signs?

I mean every sims game 1-3 have had them, perhaps in a futuristic-themed EP (or Game Pack)?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think the theme would fit best in a paranormal themed pack with fortune teller career or perhaps ghost hunting. I would be overjoyed if we got a futuristic pack but I don't associate that with zodiac signs.

But I think it is just as likely to be added to any other pack as a side feature. Just like bikes in university. If we ever get it in sims 4.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Let's be completely honest here... the only logical expansion pack this feature would ever fit in is 'Seasons'... I don't know why EA/Maxis can't seem to comprehend this. It would make 100% logical sense.

Either way, they shouldn't be introduced in a pack... they should be patched in.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Let's be completely honest here... the only logical expansion pack this feature would ever fit in is 'Seasons'... I don't know why EA/Maxis can't seem to comprehend this. It would make 100% logical sense.

Either way, they shouldn't be introduced in a pack... they should be patched in.

I don't see any specific ties to seasons but I definitely agree that it would be even better if it were patched into the base game.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    This should definitely come in a free patch IMO.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I miss Zodiac signs so bad. It was in all the previous games why not in the Sims 4. Also, it would tie in very well with a chemistry/attraction system.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    If they do add in zodiac signs, I hope it becomes an option to turn it on or off. I don't like them at all.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I would love to see zodiacs back but I hope they do them differently than in the previous games. I would like to see Sim versions e.g. a freezer bunny sign, a llama sign, a cow plant sign, a gnome sign etc. It would give the Sims 4 a bit more lore I think.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    In a romance pack. They did mention new atraction system in the survey... it would fit well.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would rather have an attraction system over zodiac signs.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Agree. It could, though, be part of the atraction system. One more variable but not an overwhelming one...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Agree. It could, though, be part of the atraction system. One more variable but not an overwhelming one...

That's true. I definitely wouldn't mind having both. Anything that could give the sims a bit more personality is good with me.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Zodiac signs, and anything to improve the sims personalities for that matter, should be in a free update.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I think I'd only want them back if they actually DO something. Like others have said, within an attraction system would be best. Maybe if they did a Romance-based pack? If not, then a patched in attraction system. Otherwise I don't really see a use for them (apart from my incredibly nerdy habit of assigning 'birth months' to sims based on the zodiac sign).
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Having read the Sims Wiki page ... I'm not convinced that Zodiac signs would actually be useful. I guess as part of an attraction system, but I'd rather the attraction system be based on actual attractors (humor, appearance, intelligence, compassion, strength, wealth, ambition, etc.) than some esoteric "sign" I mean, it's Sims, so even though I think astrological attraction/personality type is hogwash in real life, I don't mind it being part of the sims, but it's not something I think the game actually needs.

That and there are more zodiacs out there than the Western one. Maybe if they made up their own zodiac, that could be fun.
    edited February 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

This any day. I personally think zodiac signs are overall ridiculous in real life (none of it makes any sense or correlated to anything - I’m nowhere near how my supposed zodiac sign is) and would not want it back in the Sims ever again and if so... an option to turn it off.

Attractions/chemistry and fleshed out traits are way better.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This is the only thing I really want patched into the game as well as favourites. It’s been in all the other sim games and it should have come with the base game. We should not have to pay for it as part of a ep or even gp.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I would love to see zodiacs back but I hope they do them differently than in the previous games. I would like to see Sim versions e.g. a freezer bunny sign, a llama sign, a cow plant sign, a gnome sign etc. It would give the Sims 4 a bit more lore I think.

This for sure! Why use RL birth signs in a fictional universe. That's one thing that The Elder Scrolls gets right. And if you were to use RL birth signs which one would you use? Traditional Western? Hindu? Chinese? Mayan? Much easier to make up your own.

Expanded list of possible candidates: Father Winter, The Llama, The Freezer Bunny, The Gnome, The Sad Clown, The Alien, The Werewolf, The Fairy, The Sage of Mischief, The Sage of Untamed Magic, The Sage of Practical Magic, The Mermaid, The Cow Plant, The Money Tree, The Burglar, Death.

Also , there should be more than 12 signs, maybe 16.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Another candidate: the Dragon
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

Why not both?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Hypothetical Question: Assuming we had a decent attraction system (which, I'll grant, we don't) that was based on actual social attractors rather than the Zodiac, what would you want Zodiac Signs to add? More autonomous behaviors? (like the Personality Types in KwaiiStaci's Slice of Life.) Or something else?
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    I would say that a zodiac/birth sign system would have to build onto a solid personality & attraction system, something the game presently lacks, rather than just be slapped onto the existing game. So I would want something like that first, something along the lines of SoL's system, but more in depth maybe? And more autonomous behaviours are welcome, whether they are based on birth sign or personality system, as long as they are overridable. Sims 4 sims feel so samey.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited February 2020
    patch it in would be ideal really
    or gps: romance, happy haunts ~

but I don't really want signs to influence personality traits too much like in ts1 where you could literally not be neat and aries or whatever as if it was impossible combination

p_p hated it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    I agree, this should definitely come in a free patch!!
    edited February 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »

This for sure! Why use RL birth signs in a fictional universe. That's one thing that The Elder Scrolls gets right. And if you were to use RL birth signs which one would you use? Traditional Western? Hindu? Chinese? Mayan? Much easier to make up your own.

Expanded list of possible candidates: Father Winter, The Llama, The Freezer Bunny, The Gnome, The Sad Clown, The Alien, The Werewolf, The Fairy, The Sage of Mischief, The Sage of Untamed Magic, The Sage of Practical Magic, The Mermaid, The Cow Plant, The Money Tree, The Burglar, Death.

Also , there should be more than 12 signs, maybe 16.

A fictional, "Sim zodiac" version is definitely better than using real-life ones.

Why are people so angry and upset when the studio releases things that are close to religion but not zodiac signs? Please don't implement real-life zodiac signs into The Sims. Otherwise, an option to turn it on/off.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I actually like the idea of Simlish astrology