Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you usually do once your sim completes their aspiration?

Do you start fresh with a new game? Or whatever? My sim just finished her aspiration but working on her job.

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Pick a new aspiration, if there's one that suits. Even if I don't think I'll finish it.

I play on long life, so it isn't uncommon for my sims to complete 3 or 4 aspirations (not including the child ones) over the course of their lifetime.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I pick a new aspiration.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Usually pick a new one. I do have a kind of nerdy methodology for this actually.

With a new, Young Adult sim, I often like to assign an aspiration that will define their main hobby or career. So this is either a cooking, creative, outdoorsy etc or the villainous or acting, something like that. Sometimes, I'll start them with the Academic aspiration from University, then go to the hobby related aspiration. Therefore, they get a trait to go with it. Once they finish that, I see that as the opportunity to start a new phase of their life; often this will be a romance style aspiration. If I complete that one with them, I'll go to a family-related one.
    Alternatively, I might decide that it's the opportunity to explore the occult, so I'll give them a Spellcaster or Vampire related aspiration.

In short, I try to view it as an opportunity to do something new with that sim, to move their life along to its next stage. :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    My Sim is a cat lover and a music lover
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Pick a new aspiration, if there's one that suits. Even if I don't think I'll finish it.

I play on long life, so it isn't uncommon for my sims to complete 3 or 4 aspirations (not including the child ones) over the course of their lifetime.

I play on long lifespan and do the same thing. I always try to complete totally different ones I haven't really completed before.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I choose another Aspiration.

I have to say that Aspirations, in my opinion, are a vast improvement over Lifetime Wishes, which were always one-and-done. I like the multiple stages, with multiple target goals per stage. And I love the ability to change course, and work on a new Aspiration, without losing progress in the former, and returning to complete that later.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I pick a new one.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I pick a new one or focus on something else. Starting a new game just because an aspiration has been completed seems rather drastic :o

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I choose a new aspiration if there is another that suits the sim. My main sim has completed a number of aspirations and has a few ongoing at the moment in fact. I enjoy playing with aspirations, but they are not the sole focus of my gameplay. For me The Sims is all about storytelling and aspirations are only one optional part of that.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I like picking categories that my sim can complete all the aspirations. I am notoriously stuck in the outdoor rut, lol. I really like this set but am going to have to move on and venture into new territory. I hate politicians in rl so I don't pay much attention to that aspiration, same with the villian and the criminal career.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It depends on the sim really. I'm fairly slow at fulfilling sim aspirations. I get distracted with other things. Some sims I just leave them as they are while others I will choose a new aspiration. I enjoy fulfilling their aspirations but my game play is more about families and generations so I just keep playing them with or without an aspiration goal.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I pick aspirations that fit the character. So if I have completed 3 or so and don't find one more that fits the Sim, I don't pick another.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I love to buy traits from reward store, means I keep selecting what ever aspiration my sim currently is going to get some points from :) After my "essential" (gladly both are pretty cheap)reward stuff, is bought , I try ti stick at one aspiration.. (that last about a sim day, then I notice I am jumping between different aspirations again.. ) :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    I have my own goals and ideas for what I want my Sims to accomplish. I pick the aspiration that works best for what I have in mind for them, and then usually don't pick another aspiration once they're finished.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,595 Member
    Pick a new one.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I pick one that goes with what stage they are at in their life. Such as, once they become parents and have completed an aspiration that pertains to money or a career, I give them a family oriented aspiration. But as soon as they have all the new traits I think they need, I don't give them a new aspiration.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited February 2020
    You can switch aspirations at any time. You don't lose any progress on the other. You can always go back when the situation shifts. If you achieve one, like master painter, you could change it to romantic soulmate. Then something else. One aspiration is not 'sledge-hammered' on your Sim. It's actually one of the most flexible things in-game.
    You can achieve parts on many aspirations. Without completing them.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• FlyingNuggetFlyingNugget Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question don't know if you could help me out. I just became a world famous celebrity and have to pick a new aspiration. If I choose another aspiration am I not a celebrity anymore?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have a question don't know if you could help me out. I just became a world famous celebrity and have to pick a new aspiration. If I choose another aspiration am I not a celebrity anymore?

You will remain a celebrity
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    I also play long life. Once the Sim ages to teen, I like to do the fitness and painting aspirations. They are both useful later in the Sim's life. After that, I choose aspirations based on what I want the Sim to do. With the University pack added, I'll use that aspiration while the Sim is in college.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I almost always pick a new one. I had one child who was going to be aging up soon, and who had no interest in any of the other child aspirations, so I held off and let that child go without an aspiration for a little while. Otherwise, I have always picked a new one that fit their personality. I really wish there were more aspirations to choose from.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've always just picked another one unless there are no aspirations left that fit my sim's personality or desires. Then I either dont bother picking a new one or pick one that I know they will never complete.

Sometimes their stories go in a direction I didn't expect and when that happens I can always pick one if it fits.

In fact, since I'm a wimp and play with ageing off :D I usually only have between 1 and 3 completed no mater how long I've had the sim.

One of these days I'll try a game with ageing on, but it wont be on my current save.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I usually pick a new aspiration as well. Sometimes I even play a couple aspirations at the same time with my Sims when I can't choose just one or I know one of the steps is going to take me long to complete.

Although I'm happy enough if they complete only one in their lifetime, I don't worry if they are getting old and I'm not done with their second aspiration yet.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I choose another Aspiration.

I have to say that Aspirations, in my opinion, are a vast improvement over Lifetime Wishes, which were always one-and-done. I like the multiple stages, with multiple target goals per stage. And I love the ability to change course, and work on a new Aspiration, without losing progress in the former, and returning to complete that later.

I totally agree. I might have a Sim working on an aspiration that corresponds to their personal interests or job when they are teens or YAs, switching to parenting aspirations when they have kids, and back again when they don't have a kid at the right age. My Sims tend to complete multiple aspirations during their lifetime.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SribindiSribindi Posts: 261 Member
    I pick a new aspiration.