Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'll start by saying: loot boxes are crap and a money grab, the same way lotteries and scratch cards and sticker collection packs and many many other things.

But it will forever irritate me that articles like this keep mentioning "children can spend money like this" because they only can if the parent doesn't do their parenting and doesn't set up controls right.

I'm all for loot boxes for money being abandoned or restricted. But it should also come with education parents/guardians about not letting kids do whatever they want on computers and consoles. (I mean, children under 12 shouldn't even be able to create their own account on most platforms, let alone link it to a parent's credit card)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Hopefully this will lead to that games with lootboxes will be classified as gambling. FIFA is rated pegi 3, suitable for all ages and I really don't think kids should be exposed to gambling at such a young age. They will grow up with the knowledge that in order to get something you have to spend or gamble money.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I'm all for loot boxes for money being abandoned or restricted. But it should also come with education parents/guardians about not letting kids do whatever they want on computers and consoles. (I mean, children under 12 shouldn't even be able to create their own account on most platforms, let alone link it to a parent's credit card)

Lack of parental guidance does play a role in funding these loot boxes. However, as mentioned above by @logion , the game is rated PEGI 3, which in turn does indirectly allow parents to let their kids play these games and become enticed by these loot boxes.

It’s the fault of EA at the end of the day.
    wB2Zykl.jpg