Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sophisticated Style (Cycle 4) - Final Assignment scores are up. Miss Sophisticated 2020 announced!

Β«13456718
Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
RKasz5b.png

Welcome to Sophisticated and Sassy. This will run if there is enough interest. Launch date TBA

I hear some of you asking, "How can Sophisticated and Sassy go together? They can! Think...Avant-Guarde, cheeky but classy, elegant yet alluring. Bold yet beautiful. All these terms describe Sophistication and Sassiness. That is what this competition is all about!

MODELLING STYLES AND BODY SHOTS
* There will be a range of modelling styles and body shots included in this competition.

EXTENSIONS AND EDITING
* There will be no eliminations. Extensions can be requested for up to 48 hours. Editing can be done anytime as long as the image is not a completely different one.

GENDER AND SIM GAMES ALLOWED
* You can choose male, teen or female sims, Sims 2, 3 or 4. Use in-game shots or your own backgrounds.

NUMBER OF ROUNDS
* There will be only 6 rounds and a final. each round will be between 5-7 days (hopefully with no interruptions by me for health or absenteeism due to holidays this time LOL ;) ).

APPLICATION SHOTS
* I request waist-up shot of your Sims on transparent but only for the banners at the end. For the assignments you can use that Sim or any Sim of your choice that you feel fits the assignment. Please include their name with your entries. There will be no restriction on how creative you can be as long as it is appropriate for all age groups.

JUDGE INFORMATION
* The judges will only be required to give a mark out of 20 and there will be no comments (unless requested), or any stringent criteria to follow. It will be up to them to decide how they distribute points. I trust my judges to have an eye for an effective image based on the brief, lighting, size, composition etc, for the different assignments. I would like a waist up shot on transparent from them also as I like to acknowledge their talent and time given as well.

RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* As always, please be encouraging to your peers and contestants, as we are all at different ability levels.
* If there is a problem or you need an explanation about a mark given, I will always be happy to explain. Contact me in a PM or any of the judges, or in this thread; wherever you feel most comfortable.
* If you would like some help or clarification be sure to ask me or one of the judges, we can't do it for you but we can certainly help clarify any questions about things.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON MODELLING COMPETITIONS
* If you would like to know more about different modelling styles, such as Avant Guarde, Editorials etc., @MizoreYukii has made a comprehensive list. Be sure to check them out as it will help with any contest.
* HERE Part 1

* HERE Part 2
* HERE Part 3

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited April 2020
    Please read the outline of the competition before you decide as it gives everyone the information needed so you are able to choose to join in or not.

Reserve List. It would nice to have about 7-10 contestants.

:) = seen new assignment
    <3 = submitted entries
    B) = seen scoreboard

Finale - Feather and/or Paper Couture

1. :)<3B)@MyFavoritedesign
    2. :)<3B)@Spudders_86
    3. :)<3B)@abelhinha35
    4. :)<3B)@Rainesims
    5. :)<3B)@xJojox
    6. :)<3B)@Melusine377
    7. :)<3B)@aussiekarima

I would request at least 3 judges either including myself or as well as me, thanks.
    1. @Jendowoz
    2. @JennaCatz
    3. @deviouslyvivid

edited March 2020
    nynogsp.png

Meet our wonderful judges, @JennaCatz and @deviouslyvivid. I'm very happy to have them as judges.

uUCBKtk.png

Here are our gorgeous models competing to see who will become Miss Sophisticated for 2020

@MyFavoritedesign with Michaela. @xJojox with Rebecca. @Melusine377 with Ebony. @Rainesims with Madison. @Spudders_86 with Dayna. @aussiekarima with Casey. @Spookshow with Cherry. @abelhinha35 with Marlene.

8cAnLFX.jpg

edited April 2020
    v4J3YfB.png
    Assignment 1- The Shape of Things
    yMRpLHA.png

Examples for Assignment 1
    Qf9iyd0.png
    Assignment 2 - Stormy Seascape.

Create a mood, like the examples below, but be sure that your model and what she is wearing pops. Eye contact is not critical but preferable in some cases.
    The Due Date is Monday 2nd March.
    hSyBDXp.png

Examples for Assignment 2
    D2vvRTy.png

Assignment 3 - Black & White, Avant Garde.
    For this assignment, go crazy, it will be marked on creativity, originality and styling, including some of the crazy avant garde hair styles a nd makeup you see. You can use Google parts, but not for the entire outfit. It is predominantly black and white, but a touch of colour is allowed. See the examples below.

Here is a link to some of the hairstyles and makeup found in the avant garde style. You may find something that inspires you.

Assignment 4 - Pattern Mix

When I first came across this fashion option in a previous competition, it challenged me no end because I like things to match, but it makes you really think about what can go together and still look awesome.

These few tips below may help you decide on an outfit for your model.
    Tips on Pattern Mixing

* Use of complimentary colours (go back to the opposites on a colour wheel and see your complimentary colours. If you are not sure, here they are, Yellow/purple, Blue/orange, Red/green and all the various tones of the these colours.
    * separate the pattern tops and bottoms with a strong belt.
    * keep the clash in the same theme, eg florals with florals, plaid with plaid etc., but that is an individual choice, sometimes totally different themes look awesome together too, such as spots and stripes.
    * Own it! - If you are not sure if it works, but you like what you see, then it's a winner.

7SOMTVp.png

Examples of Pattern Mix Fashion

W19eET3.png

Assignment 5 - Portraiture
    Enjoy this assignment. It is one of my favourites to do. Love doing close-up shots. If you are unsure of the term "head and shoulders or close up" go to @MizoreYukii's explanations HERE to clarify this.

This assignment will be judged on its photographic appeal of "classiness" and "clarity".

yl13HiF.png

Examples of Portraits in B & W, sepia, colour or a specific era.

hDS8jnB.png

Assignment 6 - Dreamy Garden Scene
    Have fun with this one! We would like to see some blurring and filters to give that "dreamy" feeling. Take us into your dream garden world.

E20ptXD.png

Examples for ideas in your dreamy garden scene.

aD0IrYw.png

Finale - Feather and/or Paper Couture

Couture is often associated with "Haute Couture" meaning High or elegant fashion. Couture actually means sewing, but in general it has come to be known as "High Fashion". Mizore Yukii has a meaning for high fashion in the links I gave you in the first comment on this page.

As said in the brief, you can draw, add, or find an outfit that is made of paper or feathers or a mix of both in any colour(s). There is some CC in feather outfits, but you may want to find an oufit in google images or paper parts and feathers on a transparent background that you can fit to your Sim model. A bit like the food one in Jojo's Propz competition.

**N.B.The background can be with or without a shadow depending on the plain or textured background you choose. Whatever you feel finishes your image off.**

Here is a link to some feathers on transparent that you could use. Feathers on transparent

Paper fans make great paper outfits. Here is a link to some paper fans on transparent also. Paper fans on transparent

vPp7Lc9.png

Examples of paper and feather fashion outfits.

EhdW0li.png

edited April 2020
    hvmDBGv.png
    Assignment 1 - The Shape of Things
    MyFavoritedesign
    Ke4k7ui.jpg

Spudders_86
    pN53YVA.png

abelhinha35
    VHawka6.jpg

Rainesims
    PWzowwJ.jpg

xJojox
    c3ow5gi.png

Melusine377
    k8HW01U.png

Spookshow
    coG95N8.jpg

aussiekarima
    J3uKVJj.png
    Assignment 2 - Stormy Seascape
    MyFavoritedesign
    UOghOuZ.jpg

Spudders_86
    c8eGg8f.png

abelhinha35
    0KAWo58.png

Rainesims
    V9p3gIH.jpg

xJojox
    itOvZY6.png

Melusine377
    TfCHmBD.png

Spookshow
    zSjfJq0.jpg

aussiekarima
    fkdUIXF.jpg
    Assignment 3 - B & W Avant Garde
    MyFavoritedesign
    rHvN65N.jpg

Spudders_86
    e6qHrDH.png

abelhinha35
    RU4trrH.png

Rainesims
    QE2NXKC.jpg

xJojox
    qb9XjKB.png

Melusine377
    0RVxGAY.png

Spookshow
    zmZvzJe.jpg

aussiekarima
    22E8C4W.png
    MyFavoritedesign
    7QraBP2.jpg

Spudders_86
    c9OF86G.jpg

abelhinha35
    KXgINjf.jpg

Rainesims
    71SqWGC.jpg

xJojox
    8HtIWEk.png

Melusine377
    3RljKJ9.png

Spookshow
    H0vyqFC.jpg

aussiekarima
    pUcXhyW.jpg
    MyFavoritedesign
    KNAOguU.jpg

Spudders_86
    t6cweEH.png

abelhinha35
    QsF52Ib.png

Rainesims
    2XbQk4A.png

xJojox
    ADLYyZF.png

Melusine377
    Th3z6Pq.png

Spookshow
    QmcbXCn.jpg

aussiekarima
    QtInyzG.jpg
    Assignment 6 - Dream Garden Scene
    MyFavoritedesign
    FffJvr5.jpg

Spudders_86
    j4cdXq3.png

abelhinha35
    pCun9F9.jpg

Rainesims
    bAioEiD.png

xJojox
    DLrvwih.png

Melusine377
    qVfM5xB.jpg

Spookshow

aussiekarima
    F9M8U63.jpg
    Finale - Paper and/or Feather Couture
    MyFavoritedesign
    9al0Aj1.jpg

Spudders_86
    oIe0Trl.png

abelhinha35
    rMdEbTJ.png

Rainesims
    mrzBYyN.jpg

xJojox
    FPKMg7b.png

Melusine377
    7fDoJ2o.png

aussiekarima
    gJlptxd.jpg

edited April 2020
    SBUnAWZ.png

Assignment 1 - The Shape of Things
    As there is no comments unless requested by your specific judges, the scoreboard will appear here as normal, but there will be no link to my blog, where I usually go to put your images and comments.

The judges scored on your Creativity, composition, styling, lighting, quality and size.

dY7WbqA.png
    Assignment 2 - Stormy Seascape
    @deviouslyvivid wanted to give a few general comments, which are below.

Comments from Deviouslyvivid

I just wanted to add a few general comments regarding editing. Mind you, I am by no means a photoshop guru. Don't even get me started on the struggles of drawing hair and cut/paste/manipulating body parts. I have neither the skill nor patience for such things. But there are some simple things you can do to give your photos that little extra. Pay attention to where your light source is coming from and where your shadows would fall. Don't be afraid to mess with the Levels/Curve/Exposure/etc in your editing program. And take advantage of the dodge/burn/transform functions. Small edits can have a huge impact on your image, making your sim look integrated into the background and the overall photo more cohesive. And don't be afraid to ask questions!! I am loving everyone's entries so far and I CAN NOT wait to see y'alls entries for assignment 3!
    Here is the scoreboard for assignment 2
    Congratulations to all of you and special congrats to the top 3. Well done everyone, the scores were close.

honuXvH.png
    Assignment 3 - Black and White avant garde
    Congratulations to you all. Avant garde is a tricky fashion. It refers to fashion, art, lifestyle or culture that is experimental or innovative and pushes the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or the status quo, which all of you did, but there are similarities to Goth fashion. The scores were a bit more varied this round. Some of you, I felt leaned a bit more toward the "Gothy" than avant garde, even though there are similarities to both. Congrats to the placers. It was a tricky round.

zJXLTC6.png

We are at the halfway mark now and I always show the running scores halfway through, as sometimes they surprise you just how close some of you are, which you don't always expect, so give it all you've got for the second half.

u9Nc9Ko.png
    Well done to everyone, this round. The scores were close and every entry was special and beautifully done. Congratulations to the top 3, but this week we had a tie for 3rd place. Congratulations, @abelhinha35 for first place, @Spudders_86 for second and for third place a tie between @xjojox and @aussiekarima

sLlyaXV.png
    Great round everyone. It was a tricky job for the judges and the scores were not that far apart. Congratulations to @xJojox for first place, @aussiekarima for second and @MyFavoritedesign for third. You all are winners in my eyes. The variety and differences were so interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them all.
    a3G477q.png
    Assignment 6 - Garden Scene
    Congratulations to @Spudders_86 for coming first this round, @xJojox for second and @MyFavoritedesign for third. The scores were close this round, you all did really well.

VKJdoP4.png
    Finale - Feather and Paper Couture
    The final entries were all well done, but the judges felt that some of these, although wonderful, were more Avant Guarde and Burlesque than Couture even though the explanation for Haute Couture was given, it is a tricky area and quite similar to Avant Guarde in some ways except that it is far more "High Fashioned". Some of you covered this well others were a bit triky to judge based on this.
    Congratulations to the top 3 for the finale...these are...
    The winner of the final is...
    MyFavoriteDesign with Michaela Harp
    2nd place for the final goes to Rainsims with Madison Lothario
    3rd place for the final goes to xjojox with Rebecca McPharlan
    Drum Roll...The overall winner and Miss Sophisticated for 2020 is...
    xjojox with Rebecca McPharlan. Congratulations Jojo and Rebecca
    Congratulations to the 2nd and 3rd overall, MyFavoritedesign for 2nd and Abelhinha35 for 3rd

Scoreboard for the final - Feather and Paper Couture

N8brGqd.png

Here is the breakdown of scores for each round

8YLdsZn.png

edited April 2020
    dpYxuEs.png
    Winner for Assignment 1 - MyFavoritedesign - The Shape of Things.
    Ip37u31.png
    Winner for Assignment 2 - xJojox - Stormy Seascape.
    eJyCH8U.png
    Winner for Assignment 3 - xJojox - Avant Garde.
    rxxynMi.png
    Winner for Assignment 4 - abelhinha35 - Pattern Mix.
    1HSq70w.jpg
    Winner for Assignment 5 - xJojox - Portraiture.
    zzevc3C.png
    Winner for Assignment 6 - Spudders_86 - Garden Scene
    rWrJ0SH.png

edited April 2020
    Depending on interest if this goes ahead, the first assignment is up and ready to go. If you would like to reserve please let me know, thanks. I will make a due date once I have the numbers.

Tag List. I hope everyone is included, if not please let me know, and if you would like your name removed or added, thank you.

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I'm in! <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    Excellent, @MyFavoritedesign you're the first and so glad you are in. <3

• Spudders_86Spudders_86 Posts: 270 Member
    Count me in 😊
    Rqtv8vw.gif
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    OK Darling I Love This Comp! And Being Able To Possibly Do It In Game IS GREAT! I Am SOOO Rusty Been Forever ..... But Want To Start Doing A Bit Of These Comps So I Am IN! @Jendowoz0612 :)
    edited February 2020
    Warm Welcome, @TEXASTWANGTONYA and @Spudders_86 glad you are with us.

Those of you who are in, you are welcome to put up your waist up model shot on transparent anytime while I wait and see how many would like to take part, and if you need help with putting it on the transparent background, I can cut that out for you if you put your model on a white or solid-colour background.

Anyone that would like to help judge please let me know.

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar @chellemh29

The tags below are past, retired or modelling contestants on a break, but I wanted to give the opportunity to anyone that may want to get into it again, or assist with judging, and if not just ignore the tags thanks. I thought that if anyone wanted to get back into it the only way to do that was to inform them of what competitions are running.

@Karababy52 @PeaceSign101 @peppergirl84 @gramatique @Gemmabubbles @lovejess2 @wrswrs2 @Meeshelby @AshLenn @abillings1978 @peppergirl84 @psykt @NShippudenFan @JennaCatz @wiredhanna67 @Klept0maniac94
    @Eliavah @Jaunty @XLexisimsX @MaggieSims2018 @InaMac69 @lionpaws @ArtsyAmy @BeechNutBaby @GITTE2001 @JoeJoe11

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Count me in :)
    Will do, my friend, so happy you are in!!! <3<3

Model Michaela Harp
    fE9FyNc.png
    7HX1Vwg.png
    edited February 2020
    Michaela is beautiful, @MyFavoritedesign <3

• RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    edited February 2020
    Could I enter please?
    Madison Lothario <3
    02-13-20_11-13-54%25C2%25A0PM.png

Post edited by Rainesims on
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
    edited February 2020
    Absolutely, @Rainesims welcome! <3 Madison is lovely. I'm so glad you could join us. I can cut her out and put her on transparent for the model wall, if you are unsure how to do that. Please if you have any questions about editing or anything else or you want any help, don't hesitate to ask. <3:)

Thank you @Jendowoz0612 <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 thankyou so much <3 im so hype for this <3
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited February 2020
    Model: Marlene O'Neil

P4mDTZm.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    edited February 2020
    She is gorgeous, @abelhinha35 <3 Fascinating, 3 "M" names, I love it!! LOL :D

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    put me down jen :)

if you need a judge at late notice, @jennacatz can help you out with some scores (probs not comments). but she can fill in for you if you ever need a hand?
    That is great, JoJo, @xJojox glad to have you aboard.

• Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Ok, count me in 😁
    kMRXphO.gif