Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will play sims all day break my laptop

Right now Im out of work for medical reasons.
All I do is play the sims pretty much. The most rest my laptop gets is about 13hrs to be seriously honest.
Its a gaming laptop and I have a cooling fan.
I just worry because I play so much haha

Comments

• OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Laptops have come a long way since I've had one. But if it's a recent gaming laptop, as long as it stays cool, and has enough spare memory I can't really see any reason why you'd have problems. I'm assuming you sleep sooner or later so it's not like it'll be on 24/7 ;)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Try not to. I did that once but for like a week and it became very slow after that. But my laptop back then wasn't a gaming laptop but it was a decent one and I was just playing The Sims 2, not even The Sims 4! :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    A gaming laptop with a cooling fan should be fine. But the more you run it, the more often you need to blow all the dust out. I hope you recover soon.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I have a very strange sleep system. Sometimes for days I only take 2hr. naps every few hrs. and don't turn off my computer. I have had it on for 3 days straight with the game running and just pausing it for a nap. This has been a regular occurrence (sp.) for years and I have never had a problem.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Right now Im out of work for medical reasons.
    All I do is play the sims pretty much. The most rest my laptop gets is about 13hrs to be seriously honest.
    Its a gaming laptop and I have a cooling fan.
    I just worry because I play so much haha

good cooling and constant power and the laptop components aren't too much trouble. i run TS4 from a laptop these days, it already had windows 10 on it, so that made things easier. Anyway, it hasn't had any issues running the game, for half the day without fail, so a whole day won't be an issue.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks for your responses guys!
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    A gaming laptop with a cooling fan should be fine. But the more you run it, the more often you need to blow all the dust out. I hope you recover soon.

Thank you! I go back friday :)