Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 move to Win10/new PC is behaving badly compared to exact same game in Vista/12 year old PC

4-5 months ago, I purchased a new computer to replace my 12 year old Vista PC, not because it stopped working but because it wasn't supported. I've been playing TS3 (since inception) on the Vista PC, with mods, CC, etc., and really didn't have too many problems. Pretty much the biggest issue was that kids would take hours to get into school but I discovered that, unmodded, this was still a bit of an issue with the new PC, too. (The mod that allows for additional entries/exits has fixed this.)

Anyway, it's a bit laggy, which is annoying, but the worst thing is how it misbehaves in BUY/BUILD and CAS. When I get into those parts of the game, it slows to a crawl. For example, I have a Designer sim who, when doing her job, trying to change or copy the pattern bogs it down to a halt. I find that if I leave the Buy/Build and then re-enter using "Continue Renovation", I can go a bit further before it bogs down again. It did crash last night but that was after alot of time spent in Buy/Build.

This is the exact same (Mods & Saves) folder I had in the old PC and I didn't have these issues. I've had these issues on the Win10 PC since the first time I played it. It was this way using the old monitor as well as the new one, so pretty sure that's not the problem.

I have an Acer Predator with Intel i5-8400 2.8GHz
8G RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb

I've set the specs to high. I've played around with the number of houses with detail and smoothing and it doesn't matter where I set it.

Like I said, the results were the same regardless the monitor but just in case, I have an LG Ultra Gear via Display Port. I previously had a Dell connected via HDMI.

Comments

• Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    This is in the exception. What does it mean?

type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
    address: 0x00929581 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x00528581