Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wondering, what points do you have?

StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
This is what I have so far. Zero promotes, what is a promote even?
54 insightful. Yeah baby! Haha!

Promote
Insightful
Awesome

Show me what you got!

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    All you have to do is click on someone's name to see. I look at my numbers and I realize I've probably posting way too much in controversial threads ;)

Edit: NVM ROFL!
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited February 2020
    Joined January, 2013 (yes - late to the party)

Promoted: 0
    Insightful: 401
    Like: 3,238
    Awesome: 2,728

Discussions: 112
    Comments: 3.9k

Promotes were mod-awarded. They seem not to be used anymore.

I always speak my mind. I have also had my wrist smacked on occasion for rudeness - deservedly - although rudeness was not my intention. I just speak up when I feel I have something to say.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

Promote: 0
    Insightful: 122
    Like: 739
    Awesome: 522

Discussions: 19
    Comments: 816

Don't have a terribly wide circle of threads i visit, most are in the general discussions area. I would consider TS3 for example but EA raised the prices on Steam so i'm unlikely to be making any noise there.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I joined June 2019, so I'm still a newbie.

Promote 0
    Insightful 35
    Like 581
    Awesome 514

Discussions 7
    Comments 392

I have only played Sims 4 and only 5 years, so I guess I'm not a "real Simmer".
    I'm here to talk about the game that I Iove and enjoy the positive side of this forum. I stay away from the most vitriolic threads, there is enough negativity and stress in my real life, I come here to get away from it.

• cjsiebcjsieb Posts: 21 Member
    Joined January 31, 2020

Promote
    Insightful
    Awesome

Have played The Sims 1 on PC, TS2 on console and now TS4 on PC for only a year.
    I mostly read the forums, have done that for a long time before registering for an account. But now I need only 1 point to become a normal member, so I'm trying to post more often. :p
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Gave you that one point. Welcome to the forum! 😊
  • cjsiebcjsieb Posts: 21 Member
    Gave you that one point. Welcome to the forum! 😊

Yaaaas thank you so much! :blush:
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited February 2020
    Never checked mine before, this thread gave me a reason to do that! Turns out I have 1K of awesome's.... When did that happen :open_mouth:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Hmmm... far too many :D But I guess I have been rabbiting on for over 9 years lol.
    Reactions.png?dl=0
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Been a member since June 2014, but really didn't post until like 3 years ago when I started playing TS4. I take long breaks, and then for a time I'm VERY active here ... until next break :D

YKYh6w8.png
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    0 Promote
    339 Insightful
    8K Like
    5K Awesome

Discussions261
    Comments3.7K

I've never really looked at mine either. Interesting. Though I have a feeling that a lot of people use the "Insightful" in replace of the "dislike" button that they removed. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Though I have a feeling that a lot of people use the "Insightful" in replace of the "dislike" button that they removed. lol
    Haha, yes I think they do indeed. I really don't know why they felt the need to remove the dislike and lol buttons. We're not totally fragile.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    3Tsyql9.png
    I'm not an insightful person, but at least I have fun.
    Though I have a feeling that a lot of people use the "Insightful" in replace of the "dislike" button that they removed. lol
    Haha, yes I think they do indeed. I really don't know why they felt the need to remove the dislike and lol buttons. We're not totally fragile.
    Idk, I'm not a fan of dislike buttons. Look at Reddit - instead of it being used to hide bad posts, it's more often used to silence people with different opinions and encourages echo chambers. I know I've been discouraged from joining from several Reddit communities because they'd mass-dislike posts that go against the popular opinion.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Promote
    Insightful
    Awesome

Considering I've been here less than a year... not sure how I feel about this. :confounded:
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    0 Pomote
    858 Downvotes
    7.4k Like
    5.4k Awesome
    Gordy wrote: »

Be pleased. "Insightful" is a downvote here, or so the powers-that-be say. You are very popular!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Been here for ever it feels like. I hope insightful doesnt' mean dislike. :/:D

Did anyone find out what promote was for?

Promote
    Insightful
    Awesome
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited February 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Been here for ever it feels like. I hope insightful doesnt' mean dislike. :/:D

Did anyone find out what promote was for?

Promote
    Insightful
    Awesome

I think that "promote" is if the moderators or administrators feature your post. And, alas, yes "Insightful" typically means a downvote here.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Been a member since June 2014, but really didn't post until like 3 years ago when I started playing TS4. I take long breaks, and then for a time I'm VERY active here ... until next break :D

YKYh6w8.png

I just had to check your promoted thread and so happy I did. I love Stardew Valley and you have done an awesome job on the recreation.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    And, alas, yes "Insightful" typically means a downvote here.

I took it to mean the reader learned something 🤦

CaprianaB wrote: »
    And, alas, yes "Insightful" typically means a downvote here.

I took it to mean the reader learned something 🤦

I thought as much for quite some time before it was revealed to me. And so I try to share this bit of information with others.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    0 Pomote
    858 Downvotes
    7.4k Like
    5.4k Awesome

Be pleased. "Insightful" is a downvote here, or so the powers-that-be say. You are very popular!
    No u. <3

Also, I didn't know "insightful" was meant for downvotes. I've been using it for posts that taught me something I didn't know, when others answered someone's questions, or to make their insights/likes/awesomes 666. Since Insightfuls were so rare here, I went out of my way to give people some.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I'm sorry for people who's comments I've clicked "insightful". I had no idea it was meant for downvotes. I guess I won't use it anymore. :(
    edited February 2020
    0 Pomote
    858 Downvotes
    7.4k Like
    5.4k Awesome

No u. <3

Also, I didn't know "insightful" was meant for downvotes. I've been using it for posts that taught me something I didn't know, when others answered someone's questions, or to make their insights/likes/awesomes 666. Since Insightfuls were so rare here, I went out of my way to give people some.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm sorry for people who's comments I've clicked "insightful". I had no idea it was meant for downvotes. I guess I won't use it anymore. :(

I used to give lots of "Insightfuls" too, but then I had someone in the know message me to tell me what was going on. Evidently, back in the day there was a "Disagree". That got removed because people were abusing it. Then they migrated to another option -- "LOL". Instead of that being a case of laughing with it became a case of laughing at, so it was removed as well. After that, "Insightful" became the new downvote. And here we are. I never used that button after learning that.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I sincerely think most people use insightfuls the way you all do as well. Just because one simmer told you this, doesn't mean the whole community is "in" on it. I'll continue using my insightfuls for posts I find, you know, insightful / smart / accurate / telling about a person (rarely) 😂
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I sincerely think most people use insightfuls the way you all do as well. Just because one simmer told you this, doesn't mean the whole community is "in" on it. I'll continue using my insightfuls for posts I find, you know, insightful / smart / accurate / telling about a person (rarely) 😂

It is certainly more than one individual. You do you. May you come to know peace.