Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More DLC or Update Current DLC & Base Game?

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
Would you like to see The Sims Studio take a break (a break is temporary, not permanent) on creating more DLC, and to instead update what we already have (DLC & Base Game) enhanced with more content/gameplay or would you rather they continue releasing more DLC?

[ Current DLC Count ]

Expansion Packs: 8
Game Packs: 8
Stuff Packs: 16

TOTAL DLC: 32.

NB:

- Update specifically meaning add in new content, not bug fixes. This poll is not about bug fixes, as it is something that should be expected and delivered accordingly.

- A break is temporary, not permanent. This could mean just a few months (possibly just 3).

wB2Zykl.jpg

More DLC or Update Current DLC & Base Game? 110 votes

Give me more DLC.
7%
jeepjeepcatIsb917MeteoraStormsimgirl1010EnkiSchmidtsimmysimsim123comicsforlifeOEII1001 8 votes
Update what we have.
64%
Bluegayleauroraael14CK213Frn0731icmnfrshIcewolfillusiesims2freak737mbgreenleafAlrynnasimbsimSimming_SpoonieelanorbretonBeardedgeekMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5Elegantblkchina1drake_mccartythecatsredAquariusMom 71 votes
Both (Consider the resources they need to spend before choosing this option)
20%
Akl500PIceyJTynkPlayerSinger2010BloosmooThunderbat87IrdiwenluthienrisingSim2SporeTeeSeaThangwenmotdkfullspiralgnelso1239Jon the WizardSheriSim57caliposskkellyy15Ms_Mikaperagogo 23 votes
I have other thoughts.
7%
Bagoas77AnnLee87DeKayAtreya33NorthDakotaGamerSimmyFroggyKimmermeljones 8 votes

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I have other thoughts.
    In theory, I'd like if this year we got updates to the existing DLC. Maybe next year too. Generally I'm not in a major rush to add to the game since there's stuff that keeps me busy and entertained and I still don't have all the packs anyway.

Realistically, since it was in the recent surveys that the devs were asking about a possible older DLC overhaul/update, I know it's not going to happen *this year* though maybe next. As it is, I don't think we need new content churned out at a fast pace, updating previous content is just as valuable. So somewhere in between, I guess?

Thus the "other thoughts" because I looked at it in terms of a timeframe in which things can happen. Thought I'm also still crossing my fingers here for werewolves and having hopes for a winter activities pack. (look, the recent survey gave me hope for that one).
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Give me more DLC.
    To be honest I wasn't sure (I'm still not). I guess it depends on what they consider new content and what would be considered fleshing out. I'd happily forego new content if they added some more tiny living type stuff (bunk beds, ladder, 2 in one stuff) but would they consider that tiny living or would it be part of anther pack? I'd love more personality to be built in too. Without MCC my sims are so very boring.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Update what we have.
    Then I don't have to pay for more DLC lmao.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Update what we have.
    I'd like them to update and improve what we already have.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2020
    Update what we have.
    I chose update but I think that depends on what’s being updated and what they feel updating entails. For example I would like apartments to be updated, and by that I mean a complete overhaul making them available wherever I want to build them. Whereas another player could simply want to see an update that add more preset shells. I would not be satisfied with that. So I think before they go crazy trying to update content they need to be realistic about what specifically people want from an update and address the major things that pop out. Like apartments, if they could not overhaul them in that way then I think it would be a waste to update them at all.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Update what we have.
    I see no other way to go back to sims 4 again! Ive added a bunch of dlc and all sims still act the same... im not investing one more euro in dlc if the base game isn't improved.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Update what we have.
    With "Update" I mean, personally, to make them work better together. What really comes to mind is for example Aliens and the Science Career from Get To Work, and Strangerville. It really looks like a match made in heaven.
    But also smaller things, like just adding "Doing Homework" to "Home activities", so it's not only in the "Kids Activities" section in Clubs (as it is now, it works, you get the bonus if you do homework, BUT no other club members will do homework with you since they are not kids and it's marked as a kid activity).
    As it is now several packs have invented the wheel 2-3 times, or maybe failed repeatedly to invent the wheel ;).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Update what we have.
    Update what we have. Aside from the lack of a Generations pack, I think there's enough DLC that the focus should now be on improving the lackluster BG and packs.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Update what we have.
    If they could make what we have even better than I’m all for it.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Update what we have.
    I think a LOT of packs had so many missing features that should have been included (lack of magical or mermaid children being a MAJOR flaw in two packs) - and I also think more features should be integrated cross-pack - there's a lack of interplay between the packs that really should be there - I feel like clubs were sort of ignored. Holidays don't have corresponding activities with new packs.
  • NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    Update what we have.
    I'll say update what we have, but unfortunately that's highly unlikely to happen. From an investor/investment standpoint those DLCs are in the books as having been completed, and investments being returned on them. That would be great in a perfect world, but it's a bit unrealistic.

Realistically we'll get more DLCs because that's what makes the investors money. It's unfortunate that that's the way it is, but it's the reality of the situation.

On the topic of more DLC I'd like to see a Generations DLC as was mentioned by @ListentoToppDogg.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Realistically I doubt they would stop creating new dlc to update their older stuff.
    Because of the recent survey they're obviously aware that people would like some refreshing of older dlc so I'm hoping that they do spend some time updating packs that could use a little extra help; but I don't think that will stop them from also creating new content as well.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Update what we have.
    I almost said more dlc but thinking back on what I have then I feel updates would be the way to go. At least for me. Like free the babies <3
    And maybe give my sims more incentive to actually go home after they get off work instead of standing around outside for so long.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2020
    Give me more DLC.
    Much as I'd love more in-depth additions to my purchased packs, I cannot trust EA to update them into the same direction I'm thinking of. After all, those are the people who fix bugged features by removing them altogether. I'm also averse to many of the ideas that float around in the sims community, so at the end of the day I'd rather keep my packs as they are instead of potentially getting the fun destroyed.

Then there's also the question of which pack they decide to update. More active careers added to Get to work or a fully fleshed out mermaid lifestate, for example, aren't worth delaying my permanent winter vacation world.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020
    Update what we have.
    Update. Especially get to work.. And parenthood I'd love to be able to follow kids to school and more kids activities after school (soccer, dance, music, chess) and maybe some parent & tot groups.

Base game I want a relationship overhaul. Non-mutual relationships, and better recognizing of other Sims and the relationship with them.
    Ex. When my child's older sister who moved out while she was an infant comes to visit every day throughout her infant/tot/child years, they shouldn't have to introduce themselves. When I see my Sim having a happy conversation with a random sim in the park for 3 hours, why do I still need to introduce them after? And yet, when the Sim I ordered a coffee from dies I mourn them just as much and as long as if my child dies? And also, while it's little known, after playing a LOT of large families and completing the 100 baby challenge, I can tell you that baby Sims mourn as well. I think they shouldn't. THey are too young to understand death and half the time they haven't even met the Sim that dies. But if everyone else in the house gets a notification that some distant relation died, the babies will be sad even with all other moods met and as soon as they age up to toddler you can see it is indeed the death mourning moodlet tht caused it. I want to be able to click on a Sim and just label them as an aunt/uncle/step parent/fiance/cousin/grandmother if I choose. Maybe even an editable Family tree that lets me just "add parents, grand parents, etc" to any Sim in the tree I click on and that will tie in all other relationships that should be there and bring them into live mode. (Also, please let me zoom in and out of the family tree so I don't have to scroll so much haha!)

Oh and free babies haha.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Update what we have.
    Update what we have. Aside from the lack of a Generations pack, I think there's enough DLC that the focus should now be on improving the lackluster BG and packs.

Generations stuff could be fleshed out in the base game and Parenthood.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Update what we have.
    Update the EPs and base game! Those are the things that need it most.
    #Team Occult
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Update what we have.
    They need to fix the core game play most of all. Completely overhaul the trait system. Fix the relationships and emotions so Sims don't slap each other than crack jokes like they're longtime best friends. I'd personally like to see a return of Wants & Fears.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited February 2020
    Update what we have.
    meanwhile I am not against new eps in any way and its always cool to have new one

I feel like many packs up to now suffer from "sloppy syndrome" either due to hurried deadlines or budgeting

and would be much more enjoyable with some minor adjustments and improvements and its just sad tbh
    when the potential is right there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have other thoughts.
    I will take what they give us. IMO The game is missing something but I don't know what. I have all the packs and recently started messing around with cc. I have always used mods but I found some cute build/buy stuff to make a nursery along with cc stuff packs for the kitchen and bathroom. There is a lot of cc out there. I am somewhat happy for and can't wait to see what's next. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's me!
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Both (Consider the resources they need to spend before choosing this option)
    I want less DLC and more updates to what we have. I don't think it's viable not having any new content for a year tbh... But there's content that needs some (or a lot of) polish.
    he/him
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Give me more DLC.
    I'd like more DLC. I know, disgusting.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have other thoughts.
    In theory, I want them to fix the current state of the game as a whole.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Update what we have.
    Adding additional dlc at this point in Sims4 without updating what we already have, would be foolish and counterproductive. The game doesn't need anything more than it needs an overhaul of past features that don't work properly, need some cross-pack gameplay added, and general sprucing up so everything we currently have means more than it does now. Adding features such as cars, freed babies or even a farming pack, would mean we'd get less for features such as personalities, traits, whims, romance, family play, activities for the kids or additional features some of us feel are missing from packs like Dine Out, DU, Island Living, RoM, and even Get To Work. All of those packs, and more, need to be updated to feel more relevant and interesting. Sims4 is the first iteration to enjoy a longer life cycle, and the time for it to get a much-needed update to base game and pack features is now. Before the teams get too far into creating new content and lose sight of what Sims4 was supposed to be versus what it has become. The players have been begging for more depth, and adding new dlc that doesn't add that depth is going to lead to even more disappointment, and fewer players willing to purchase new dlc that doesn't deliver better content. If EA wants us to spend more for dlc, I would be the first one in line to preorder dlc that adds more to some of the features already in the game. I would happily pay for an upgrade to personalities, romance and family play if that is what it takes to make it happen. I don't expect a lot of free dlc when what I am asking for might not be what others want to spend their money on. I get that. We don't all want the same things. I don't expect free updates for everything. I am willing to pay for it all because its an investment that would add years to my Simming enoyment.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Update what we have.
    Update what we have and by that I mean the horrible base game that still has bassinet babies, no cars, missing or reused over and over animations and useless traits that give Sims no personality while they're at it they can give Sims a memory so game play done actually has an impact.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"