Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits - which traits do you wish your Sims had? Your favourite Modded Traits

I wish the traits for our sims worked better. They don't seem to follow their traits.
If the trait system worked better and more traits were available what would you like to see?
Do you use custom traits? Which are your favorite?
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I would love to get some of the more wacky traits from TS3. Never Nude was my favorite, and i always liked how unlucky sims could only die of old age. I wish they would bring that back

Star Wind Flower Sun
  • lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    My detailed response to the January poll question about what needs to be improved in the game:

Personality needs some work.

1) More variety in traits - I bought Outdoor Retreat just to get the Squeamish trait. If the Vain trait from Sims Medieval is added I'll be so happy (obvious hint).

2) More trait slots - In Sims 3 a child has 3 traits. In Sims 4 only 1 trait.

3) Traits should drive behavior. If my Sim with the Foodie trait gets a negative moodlet from drinking water, why does she compulsively drink water? Shouldn't she choose the Sim equivalent of San Pellegrino instead?

4) Favorites - I enjoyed the favorites in Sims 3.

If I could add on to that now, I'd include certain aspirations should conflict with certain traits as well. Evil and Good traits conflict with each other, but I have an NPC with the Chief of Mischief aspiration, the Dastardly trait that comes with it, and he also has the Good trait. I understand that the Sims 4 encourages you to play through multiple aspirations with a single sim, but this combination doesn't seem compatible.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Have you tried the active trait lately? I made an active Sim who gets tense if he does not exercise. He can do an endurance run on the treadmill and within 2 hours of finishing he's tense again. Also, he is not getting fatigued or pulled muscles. He can't push the limits so he can't complete and athletic aspiration. It seems like the trait has totally taken him over. I think I will have him drink the re-trait reward thingy or cheat the trait off him. It's messed up!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I wish the traits for our sims worked better. They don't seem to follow their traits.
    If the trait system worked better and more traits were available what would you like to see?
    Do you use custom traits? Which are your favorite?

I wish traits mattered in the game. For example, a "good" sim isn't going to cheat on their spouse. However, Geoffrey Landgraab is always flirting with female sims behind Nancy's back. On the other hand, so-called "evil" sims from my experience are loyal and great parents loving to their spouses. I have yet to see Malcolm Landgraab who the game loves to fix up with Luna Villareal doesn't cheat on her. They end up having a big family.

I mostly use custom traits. I experiment with them a lot. I use Jock, Apollo, Aphrodite and Super Keener more often than not for my sims. I combine mostly custom traits along with reward traits to maximize a high friendship level starting out. Or I can combine these traits and get a high romantic level to start out with or with the right traits I can start out with both high levels of romantic and friendship. By the end, I usually have a lot more than 3 traits on my sim. What that means is I don't have to do any work to build up friendship levels and or romantic levels. Or I can work the traits to make a sim despised by others just by saying hi. It depends on what I am trying to accomplish. Curses and weaknesses with both spellcasters and vampires work much better than their traits actually do.

Traits I would love to see added in loyal, protective, bipolar, head games, manipulative and dangerous.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    A simple answer from me: All of the traits from The Sims 3 into The Sims 4.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I want them to bring technophobe trait back.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    First and foremost, I would like the traits we have now to be improved on. I want traits to look and feel more distinct and to have more depth and impact on emotions and behaviour. I also really miss the Neurotic trait from TS3 and I would love to have more character traits such as Eccentric, Cultured, Brave, Socially Awkward etc. A fear emotion and fears, favourites, flaws etc. would also help give our sims more personality.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    What I truly miss from Medieval is the mandatory weakness. Two good traits and one bad was a great idea. I also want the weaknesses to matter.
    Clumsy? Sure, but make that glass she drops actually cost money. And have her have a bigger chance of getting "BSOD" when using a computer. And so on.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I would like incompatible traits actually make sims more socially incompatible.
    Right now it's just sims are not allow to have two traits that are incompatible.

It should be more of a challenge for a sloppy sim and a neat sim to live together without some sort of drama.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I would like incompatible traits actually make sims more socially incompatible.
    Right now it's just sims are not allow to have two traits that are incompatible.

It should be more of a challenge for a sloppy sim and a neat sim to live together without some sort of drama.

"Oh, she's a loner. So I better pick 'Get To Know' twice instead of once before asking her to move in".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    I don't know of any good modded traits but I actually feel like they are too overpowering and at the same time shallow. I would love to see more layers to them and a little toned down. Like the active trait sim someone used as an example. Constantly tense unless working out. My outdoor loving sim constantly tense unless outdoors. Most sims just end up constantly tense all day which is a bit annoying. I really wish fine was the defult the majority of the time and that it took them a while to become tense or whatever. My sims are rarely "fine"

I avoid using certain traits for that reason. I don't want to workout 24/7 just because my sim is active lol😑

The traits I desperately want are faithful, coward, brave, over protective. They are my top but we need a ton more traits. Especially for kids.

But to be fair I'm a loner sim and I'm constantly tense unless indoors lol 😅
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I use tons of custom traits. The more the merrier! I'm always wishing there were variations on the "Good" trait. Maybe some Sims like taking care of others, some Sims focus on social justice, and some Sims autonomously clean up garbage in their neighborhood, or something like that.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    When the current traits are fixed, and surely they must be fixed at some point, I'd love to see the following traits return.
    Neurotic, I loved my little neurotic sims 3 sims
    Coward: This one had me rolling, I made a family where the Dad had died and come back as a ghost and his daughter autonomously ran away or fainted everytime she saw him. So funny!
    I really miss Supernatural Sceptic/fan, the ball has been dropped on this one.
    Rebellious, so many biker grannies I miss making those.
    Brave:
    Proper: Imagine if we could have had Vlad, Evil, music lover, loner and proper, amazing! Oh no wait that's right just three trait slots :(
    Innapropriate - another good laugh

But I'd like new ones too like
    Professional Bore: Everyone listening to him suddenly falls to sleep, or can't stop yawning or something like that with whims like bore about equal rights for sausages,
    Liar: Uses a lot of the mischief interactions lies about time in the war, wealth, accomplishments and spread malicious gossip around about neighbours.
    Braggart: The worlds least interesting Sim but he's done eveyrthing and been everywhere and you need to know about it. (Shove this into Bore)

Maybe I just want to create psychopathic sims....who knows?

I also miss the aspirations of Sims 3, I'd love those back too.

The personality system is so barren and empty it.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Plant lover
    Shy
    Rebellious
    Coward
    Lucky
    Unlucky
    musical genius
    artistic prodigy
    brawler- loves to fight/gets into fights often
    Excitable
    Fun-loving
    Greedy
    Cruel- works like the Sims Medieval trait
    Sickly- increased chance of getting sick
    Diva

basically i think that we need every sims 3 traits, but only if the trait system is overhauled (also the lifetime wishes should be reworked into aspirations bc i need a gold digger aspiration)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Luxury I think marlynsims did a custom gold digger aspiration. I am sure I have it as a custom aspiration.
    here's the link
    https://marlynsims.tumblr.com/post/170876786115/the-sims-4-gold-digger-aspiration-a-gold-digger
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    @Luxury I think marlynsims did a custom gold digger aspiration. I am sure I have it as a custom aspiration.
    here's the link
    https://marlynsims.tumblr.com/post/170876786115/the-sims-4-gold-digger-aspiration-a-gold-digger

thanks!!
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    To be honest, I always wondered why most base game traits did not have oppoiste traits in the base game. For example unflirty trait not being in the base game. I think traits like that should have been there from the start. A lot of packs also missed some trait opportunities. I wish there was a trait in get Famous that made your sim dislike social media or celebrity culture. Or a supernatural fan/skeptic trait in Vampires pack (that would also affect other lifestates that were added later).
    I do miss a lot of traits from TS3 as well- I remember using and lovin brooding trait. Those traits could really shape your sims into unique personalities and were not simply a tool to trigger emotions.