Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vintage Newcrest Year 1

Comments

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    Looks like Ken is practicing his dad jokes. :D

Yeah, Ken is kind of a goofball, LOL.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    BBQ: Brownies

ae10613e047e9582db9206de2ace12a5f995d29c.png
    As the party winds down, everyone gathers in the dining room for some brownies.

0e00180c19824353671e07c307e5980ff7d8488e.png
    Vivian: I thought you weren’t eating bread on your diet.
    Manny: (talking with his mouth full) Brownies don’t count.
    @15aewar Haha, I can relate! I've actually had situations where I had to stop playing the sims and walk away from the computer because the sims food was making me too hungry.
    Autumn Dawn

8fb7aeb88d75af104fa1d5ed9c4d258e22d45b96.png
    a7e1ed587f44a7d383fcfa248b0fa29db232b013.png
    671cb4b9b50858f596c3c262824b6cf158a92681.png
    Manny awakes to the cold, dim light of dawn. He throws the covers off and sits up, being careful not to wake Vivian (even though she’s known for being a sound sleeper and probably wouldn’t stir if a herd of wild buffalo suddenly came stampeding through their bedroom).

Resisting the urge to curl up into himself or curl back into the warm pile of blankets behind him, he lets the shock of cold air grip his body. It isn’t the most pleasant way to wake up, but it’s fast.

Outside, the world is still and serene except for a few sparrows singing and the rustle of wind through autumn leaves. He jogs down the sidewalk toward one of his favorite trails, and by the time he gets to the trailhead, the sun is coming up and he’s warm enough, maybe even a little too warm.

Nobody else has ventured past their own front door at such an hour, and for a brief window of time, the world is his and his alone, and he’s happy. Happy to see red and gold leaves sway in the trees, happy to breathe fresh, crisp air in and out of his lungs, happy to feel the rhythmic landing of his feet on the soil beneath him.

Sometimes people ask him why in the world he would get up at dawn to go running. He can never tell them–-not because there isn’t a short, logical answer to the question, but rather because they’re asking the wrong question. In Manny’s mind, the real question is this: The world is such a miraculous and beautiful place, why wouldn’t you want to get up and run around in it while you have the chance?
    Tender Moment

5420f135fb08b6e59d25a748c6af6176dbad7726.png
    7424ae5e3e1004f3b1171e26894cb90089751d4d.png
    Manny returns from his jog to find Vivian in her pink bathrobe, making breakfast, her hair still in the scarf she wears to bed. He comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her shoulders, nuzzling his lips into her neck and working his way up to her cheek with little kisses.

She closes her eyes, enjoying the moment, puts her hands on his arm, holds him tight to her, and leans back into him.

[Pose is called Soulmates by wrixles on Tumblr​.]
    edited April 2020
    Gavin Todd

I had a request to put Gavin Todd on the gallery, so he has now been uploaded. No cc. Screenname is the same (QueenOfMyshuno). Believe it or not, Gavin started out as an NPC.

aa487b7ce06f289289d73b3d5034104211cf7082.png
    26fda018fb8c1cd9ed782508154acaf4ea637d26.png
    If Gavin Todd’s personality could be described in two words, I guess they would be “hot j.erk.” LOL. His aspiration is Serial Romantic.

More about Gavin’s personality:

If Gavin ever does get married, and that’s a big “if,” she would have to have 2 things: 1) the beauty to make his friends and coworkers jealous, 2) the ability to raise his status in society either through wealth or career contacts. Only fools marry for love. Gavin’s favorite pasttimes include shmoozing with businessmen, politicians, and criminals (whoever can get him ahead in life), and keeping the company of questionable women. He’s witty but can also be condescending.

Gavin was raised by a well-meaning but aggressive father who taught him that getting ahead in life at any cost was the most important thing. His dad would take him to his games when he was a kid on the basketball team and then scream at him in front of everyone for the mistakes he made during the game. Later at home, his dad would make him practice over and over again so as not to repeat those same mistakes. Gavin learned how to be the best at whatever he was doing at an early age.

Gavin’s mother was a depressed alcoholic, so she was usually passed out somewhere. On good days, she passed out on the bed; on bad days, she might pass out in the hallway by the front door. Gavin found her like this on more than one occasion upon coming home from school.

When he was a young child, he would put a pillow under his mother’s head and arrange her hair and clothing to look neater if he found her passed out. As an older child, he stopped doing this. If he found her on the floor when he got home, he would just hop over her and go make himself something to eat. He once kicked her really hard, partly to see if she would wake up and partly out of anger. She later remarked that she didn’t know where that huge bruise came from. He never told anyone, and he still feels guilty about it to this day. His mother drank herself to death when he was a teen.

Gavin does not want to have kids, but if he ever did get someone pregnant by some unhappy accident, he would expect the woman to raise the child while he contributed financially. He would expect the child to reflect favorably on him, and he would become furious if the child ever did anything to embarrass him or the family name. He would expect the child to excel.

Gavin always has to have the last word.

Gavin has cc facial hair in my save (not shown on this post; see previous posts in this thread). Facial hair is called Orlando Beard by WistfulCastle on TSR.

Feel free to re-upload him on the gallery if you make changes or put him in a household. If you post pictures of him in your game, I would love it if you tagged me.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno Now I kinda want to put him in my Black Widow save. He would make a great suitor for Elvira Slayer. Muahaha! >:)
    @15aewar That would be so cool!! If you post pictures, I hope you'll tag me.
    e7beb2ef8ae9b2b5a0852f819722524e59f16de6.png
    Manny and Vivian go on a double date with Manny’s little brother, Kyle, and Kyle’s new girlfriend, Martha. Kyle has gone on group dates before with his friends and to school dances, but this is the first serious girlfriend he has had.

d058d0432601642fe12a2e39315db328f58beb89.png
    Desk Clerk: What sizes?

05f5ebb1c89f2f1e1fbf93bf19a49f2e8255fdb8.png
    Vivian: Is it weird to go on a date at the place where you work?
    Martha: No, not really. I love to bowl, and Kyle and I have gone on a date here before.
    3199ab429ee0e531cfc09deec84ac98bfa0cd8d8.png
    The group decides to play in teams. Manny and Vivian are on one team, and Kyle and his girlfriend Martha are on the other.

4685e3ead3d7e1af657a94d9ace235803b832201.png
    Vivian: You two make such a cute couple.
    Martha/Kyle: Thanks.
    Vivian: Where did you guys go for your first date?

57b51ee04b3c015b4997ad56a39f6ddbe92ce130.png
    Kyle: We went to the movies.
    Vivian: (to Martha) You know, Manny and I started dating in high school, too.
    Martha: You did? Where was your first date?

1551402014869bed452e74a0c4ea1f629ff6a433.png
    Vivian: Manny took me to the Crispy Biscuit Diner for lunch, and then we walked the trail behind commercial row. We held hands, and he picked a pretty, white flower for me, and I put it in my hair.

“And then we made out on the picnic benches, and he was a really good kisser,” Vivian thinks, but she keeps that part to herself.

Martha: Aww, that’s so sweet.

80e8816c1428e9016428a72e196e83cde1818be1.png
    Manny’s turn is over.

d833cf18b03245a6ea892f80c33ac4c7305cb865.png
    Vivian: (to Manny) I was just telling them about our first date. Do you remember what we did?

“I remember going for it at the picnic grounds,” thinks Manny.

Manny: We went to the diner then took a walk. I remember how beautiful you looked with a flower in your hair. It’s your turn, darlin’. They’re ahead, so it’s up to you to save us.

660e57bf6b1003196fde662b370ce697ee46e8fe.png
    Vivian takes the ball.

ffb0479f9978a4f92bf7be1334cecb43204dca4a.png
    Vivian and Manny roll a good game, but Martha and Kyle still beat them by a few points.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Ken, people have been tortured for jokes like that lol
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Just catching up! I love the little clerk you have in the bowling alley, she's so cute....
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Ken, people have been tortured for jokes like that lol

@Bloosmoo Ken is funny, just not for the reasons he thinks, haha.
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Just catching up! I love the little clerk you have in the bowling alley, she's so cute....

Thanks! I think she's cute, too (she's an NPC that I made over). Her name is Kim Vu. I was thinking about possibly making her part of someone's storyline in the future.
    After they finish bowling, the girls need to go to the bathroom before they head home. Manny and Kyle wait by the front desk.

4abf62b99e4cdf890911380aa750b682fc45f0c3.png
    Manny: Martha is really cute and sweet. Good catch, little brother.
    Kyle: Thanks. She’s pretty great.
    Manny: Just make sure you look out for her and treat her right. Give her your jacket when she’s cold, cheer her up when she’s sad, always remember to compliment her, things like that.
    Kyle: I always do.
    Manny: So what made you decide to ask her to go steady?
    Kyle: Well, I’ve liked her for a long time, but I was nervous about talking to her. But after you and I went to the Gentleman’s Club and I talked to the ladies there, I figured I could talk to anybody. So, I just walked up to her and asked her out, and then everything happened from there.

d319feb5c309d21961af143d5732a6ad90aed48c.png
    Manny: (chuckles) I guess I should have snuck you into a girly bar sooner. I didn’t know it would be so helpful.
    Kyle: (smiles sheephishly) It was very helpful.
    Manny: I’ll bet.
    Office: Shirley Strikes Again

ff69200dfae9df4e1c0ce6066d37a1d9a199ef82.png
    Shirley: Good morning, Vivian!
    Vivian: Good morning.

7dc15d2921a00f0b75c0adc8bd557b03532e5bce.png
    Vivian tries to put on her best fake smile but doesn’t do a very good job.

Shirley: I’m going to need you to do the branch office financials for Mr. Newell today.
    Vivian: Okay sure, just show me what I need to do.

60dd9bb8ed1bf9e43ca2425246ce4637f1c2d029.png
    Shirley: Well, that’s the thing. I don’t have time to train you because I’m really busy today.
    Vivian: But I don’t have any accounting experience and I’ve never done those before. I know they’re important, and I wouldn’t want to mess them up.
    Shirley: Just do your best to figure it out and hand them into me when you’re done. I’ll go over them.
    Vivian: Okay.

a5e23fdb3f55ef2688d9632c553e1e6f90950f01.png
    Vivian does the financials and gives them to Shirley, pointing out all the things she wasn’t sure about. That afternoon, she sees Shirley talking to Mr. Newell; he seems very unhappy about something.

4b9f2df9d7fcca7dac957bc14597b60f78e996e6.png
    Vivian: I hope that conversation isn’t about the branch office financials.

c8d030dd1b5aa867a3b2848cf4f06c542d10e901.png
    Mr. Newell goes back into his office, and Shirley calls Vivian over to her desk.

Shirley: Mr. Newell doesn’t like the way you did the financials. He’s pretty annoyed with you. He says he only wants me to do them from now on.
    Vivian: But I thought that you…

1786e559069c831c0ac2b5588fd2cd82407c2830.png
    Shirley: It’s fine, Vivian. I pushed you beyond your limited capabilities. It’s just that I have so much to do. I guess I’ll just stay late to get everything done. It’s a burden, sure, but I don’t mind as long as the job gets done right.

69d7824ea2f3b73e14fdfe77ad01f56624d1da43.png
    Vivian: I’ll just go in and apologize to Mr. Newell and explain that I don’t have any experience or training in that area.

a5eb75c088270dc65f8af14f4bf232de2d275e82.png
    Shirley: No, no. Stop right there. Mr. Newell is very busy today, too. If you interrupt him, it will just add to his frustration. Don’t worry about it. It will blow over in a few days.

Vivian knows that Shirley is right about Mr. Newell. He was the type that didn’t want to be bothered with the inner workings of the office; he just wanted his stuff to get done and he didn’t care how. He would be even more annoyed with Vivian if she went in now and tried to explain what happened.

525ac4703b71b282f5d9a59cd2aec9b68aa9d676.png
    Vivian goes back to her desk, feeling completely defeated, and is in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
    15aewar wrote: »
    That Pickleface! :rage:

@15aewar Yeah, she is a real piece of work, and I don't mean that in a nice way. :neutral:
    Vivian hears the phone ringing and walks into the dining room to pick it up.

af13bb30764cf6ef65cd7be644d413fee47d242a.png
    Vivian: Hello?
    Julie: Hi, Vivian, it’s your mother-in-law.
    Vivian: Oh, hi mom.
    Julie: Since the guys are going on a fishing trip this weekend, I was going to have a little party for just us girls at my house on Saturday. Your mom and sister are coming. Can you make it?
    Vivian: I would love to. Should I bring anything?
    Julie: Yes. I’m asking everyone to bake some kind of goody, and I’ll provide the drinks. I know how much you love Betty Davis, and one of her movies is playing on channel 4 at 3:00. I thought everyone could get here around 2:00, and we could all watch it together.
    Vivian: Sounds great! I’ll see you on Saturday.

Betty Davis is Vivian’s favorite actress.
    Manny, his dad and brother, and Vivian’s dad are all going on a fishing trip this weekend. It’s 6am, and Manny and Vivian have been up since 5:00. Vivian goes to the door to see Manny off.

bee98fd9a05cd1439ede1d9b3bf3bf3baa1e24e6.png
    Manny: You didn’t have to get up to make me breakfast, you know.
    Vivian: It’s okay; I wanted to.

149beac7cc67d710944cda217577cd2eb5784d6c.png
    Vivian: I’ll miss you.
    Manny: Not as much as I’ll miss you, my sweet, beautiful wife.

9448c676fae891c36dba8a7047decafd1044da67.png
    Manny and Vivian kiss, then Manny gathers up his gear and heads out. Vivian locks the door and goes back to bed.
    @15aewar You'll get to see him fishing today. :smiley: I have a nice little scene coming up of Manny fishing with his dad which will give some insight into how he and Kyle were raised.
    002ac1663f848e3b2b0d58c0549e7e7029035727.png
    f4436cbc67264ffb19d6c7397b4a0dc81bf9a299.png
    1427068d105dcef9b8205e135c05720a9f623330.png
    Reaching the campground after a long drive up the mountain, the men quickly set up camp and then head to the water with their fishing gear. The air is chilly, and the sky is overcast. Manny’s father-in-law and brother are at one side of the clearing, and he and his dad are at the other.

Nathaniel Maui: There is an energy that runs through everything. The rock, the water, the fish, even us. It’s a peaceful energy; it’s life itself. It’s called “mana.” Can you feel it, son?
    Manny Mana: Yes, I always feel it, but it’s strongest when I’m in nature.
    Nathaniel Maui: When you were a baby, I could tell that you would have a strong connection to mana, and that’s why I named you Mana.

Manny’s dad is referring to his middle name, “Mana,” which is his Sulanesian name. Each of the men in his immediate family have a mainstream first name and a Sulanesian middle name.

Nathaniel Maui: That feeling reminds us to be in harmony with nature and guides us in living a harmonious life. If you work against nature, you work against yourself, and you make your life difficult for no reason.

They had had this conversation many times before, of course, but Manny knew his father liked to remind his children, as often as he could, of their Sulanesian roots, which served as a strong foundation, so they wouldn’t lose their way in the world.
    3391c2ea2921c7134f1a1f216186769a9527cf28.png
    While the men of the family are on a fishing trip, the women go to Vivian’s mother-in-law’s house to watch a movie and eat baked goods.

4f2ad20bf3b631b8f3732cdbe4f17fedc84e09f5.png
    They all made something to bring, and when they leave, they’ll all take a little bit of everything so they’ll have 4 different deserts at home even though they only had to make one thing each.

957699a16cd038fe3fb514eac66093d860aa162a.png
    Julie: So what have you been up to, Comfort? Have you read any good books lately?

Vivian’s sister is a librarian. She loves books and is always reading something.

Comfort: Well, yes, as a matter of fact. I just finished reading a book called “The Tragedy of Pudd’nhead Wilson” by Mark Twain. It’s so good.
    Julie: What’s it about?

95fa3357421cc1959a2dd4016c815f2181d132f4.png
    Comfort: It’s about a bunch of different things at once, but one of the things that happens is two babies get switched at birth, one is the child of a slave and the other the child of a wealthy white man. But because the mother of the slave child is 1/16 black and she and her baby can pass for white, or really basically are white, she’s able to switch them without anyone knowing.
    Demoyn: Why is it called Pudd’nhead??
    Comfort: That’s another plot line. A lawyer moves to town who’s smarter than everyone, but because the townspeople don’t understand what he’s talking about, they think he’s stupid, and they say his head is full of pudding.

cce4f9ae4fdc01f220e16253b281dc97d3356ed7.png
    Vivian: That’s so funny! And interesting. I think I’ll come by the library and borrow that book.
    Demoyn: I’ll read it when you’re finished.

07284324d5932c0b9372d8b087de19ad3aa66149.png
    Get the book that Vivian and her relatives are reading. Read The Tragedy of Pudd’nhead Wilson by Mark Twain online for free via Project Gutenberg.