Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vintage Newcrest Year 1

Comments

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Honeymoon: Jumpy

Vivian and Manny enter the amphibian room of the Magnolia Aquarium.

3a5d8ce615cac7158666f504d41d0364f3c0ed94.png
    Vivian: Do you ever get the feeling you’re being watched?
    Manny: No, not really.

4dc3542c38f65dce335aa5a9d63fed13825ae279.png
    Vivian: I’m worried these frogs are going to jump on me and get slime on me. They’re just watching and waiting for the right moment.
    Manny: (laughs) Don’t worry, they’re in cages. They can’t get you.

ed570088488630c22fb4249e5bbba250f9ce93c3.png
    A minute later.

Manny: It escaped! Watch out!
    Vivian: (squeals and looks wildly around in every direction) Where?! Where?!

bbf1d68d8b301f4c4df36acf32d4c36bd2dcd891.png
    Manny: (laughing) Gotcha.
    Vivian: Not funny, Manny.

c0564447ee1e3346a35fec547a1e9e3285f67bca.png
    Vivian: Not funny at all.
    Manny: (suppressing a chuckle) Sorry, darlin’. You’re just so cute when you squeal.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I know this is innappropriate humour but third picture down, it looks Manny is goosing her at the same time lol
    @Bloosmoo I didn't notice that before, but now that you mention it, it does look like that, LOL!
    0a1af6f2bc726e358a8a07c2a0480137686a5276.png
    Vivian and Manny walk down the stairs into the basement of the Magnolia Aquarium.

Vivian: It’s kind of dark down here.
    Manny: It’s romantic lighting.
    Vivian: Not really. It’s creepy.

ca082da04cda17e7e1536bc547cafae58fc5915a.png
    Before they can even look at the first exhibit, they’re cornered by some random guy who won’t stop talking about fish.

Random Guy: …now you got your jawless fish, those are called agnatha, your cartilaginous fish, the chrondrichthyes, and then there are the osteichthyes, the bony fish…
    Vivian: I have no idea what this person is talking about.
    Manny: I wish this hippie would shut up and get out of here.

There’s a brief lull in the random guy’s fish monologue, and Manny interjects…

Manny: All I know is they’re good eatin’.

This seems to offend the random guy, so Manny, an accomplished fisherman, takes control of the conversation by talking about all the different ways he knows of to kill a fish. This has the desired effect, and the random guy leaves.

e942f2ad1a5a8f6d3fd4bb939d928b1cd4148b48.png
    Manny: Alone at last. We can do whatever we want down here and nobody will know.
    Vivian: Now, Manny, don’t you be getting any ideas.
    Manny: (smiles) I have so many ideas.

8ac6c443d83aa01612091cab2a24c6c8e8393919.png
    Manny grabs Vivian and kisses her neck.

Vivian: (pretending to try and push him away) You’re so bad.

13e87342f5d4ca362dfcd7c3a0d2f20b2ca40c36.png
    His lips on her neck ignite a spark in her, and she goes from pushing him away to pulling him in. She melts into his embrace and tilts her head back, her lips parting. Her mouth finds his, and they kiss, tenderly at first, then with growing intensity and desire.
    fdf23b57fb4eb13c80e87c402765c05e6789474c.png
    9e9d355ea6be863587415fa9b7baaa7e8c840280.png
    46b1902b719b3c6c0f23006f2c151928da2aec10.png
    9373d44c9468a7d3f839af1b6d3db49c8e7bec75.png
    Blackrock Square is a famous spot in the tourist town of Magnolia Promenade. It’s a platform located in the fountain of the Seaside Seafood Restaurant. Urban legend has it that if you kiss on the black rock within 30 days of starting a new relationship, your love will last forever. This spot is very popular with teens and newlyweds.
    de0f1d3b0f60bb5b1e66451e8e205ef405133850.png
    0b20fdb44067d1aed705185de6812227c4a6d110.png
    Manny: Oh man, I’m stuffed from dinner. I don’t know if I can eat this dessert.
    Vivian: (teasing) You can do it. I have faith in you.

b021b4eaf1f175bd6bc2abd30cdd31591c5a4b57.png
    Vivian: These 3 days went by so fast. I don’t want it to be over. Now I wish we would have booked the honeymoon for the whole week.
    Manny: If we had, then we would have been on more of a budget and wouldn’t be able to afford a nice restaurant like this.
    Vivian: True.

6d1a0bc640b8e9ee7bf16cfc0736201a18c16146.png
    Manny: Plus I’m going to take you on a nice, long vacation to Sulani in a year or two to meet all your new relatives. Just imagine yourself on a white sand beach, dolphins in the distance, surrounded by palm trees, tropical flowers, and a bunch of crazy Sulanesians.
    Vivian: (laughs) Sounds fantastic. I have a soft spot for crazy Sulanesians.
    Manny: That’s good because you’re married to one!
    @15aewar Thank you! I think they're adorable together, too. Yes, Manny is actually a maxis pre-made available on the gallery under the title Lava-Man. His original name is Mana Ka'ana'ana, and on the gallery he wears a lei and no shirt. I did a makeover to make him look more like the time period I'm playing, but he's actually even hotter in his original form.

I'm going to have his relatives in Sulani retain the surname Ka'ana'ana, but the backstory is that his father legally changed the family name to Conner (which was the closest-sounding anglo name) when they moved to Newcrest in order to fit in with white society in Newcrest and avoid racism.
    edited April 2020
    Fyi, I’m slowly turning Magnolia Promenade into a tourist town and sharing the lots, so you can now find Magnolia Aquarium and Seaside Seafood Restaurant on the gallery.

The lots have no cc, but because they contain custom pictures taken by sims, the gallery falsely recognizes that as cc, so you’ll have to check the box to view cc lots in order to see them. Make sure you turn moveobjects on before placing.

I also put them on simfileshare, so let me know if you need a link.

Fish won’t show up in up-sized aquariums, but you can find some cc fish and sharks on MTS. Let me know if you need those links (I’m on my phone right now, so it’s too hard to try to link stuff at the moment, but I can provide them when I’m on my computer.)

My gallery name is the same as my screen name.
    7826ae925f2daede5b7ce883a6058c6258682c8d.png
    Manny and Vivian take the last direct trolley of the evening from Magnolia Promenade back to Newcrest.

Manny: Are you excited to spend our first night together in our new home?
    Vivian: Yes! I still can’t believe what a generous wedding gift your parents gave us by putting the down payment on the house.

4fe09437ae5d50e3c3dfd66ee3fe97bc29a8cf63.png
    Manny: Well, your parents paid for the wedding, so my parents wanted to do something. Besides, I think it’s all a conspiracy to make sure their future grandchildren live close by.
    Vivian: That’s fine with me. I love Newcrest, and I’d never want to live anywhere else.

1f3cf7f18a061da8a2b855046e6f322738f9f7de.png
    Vivian: Still, I do wish we could have stayed on our honeymoon a little bit longer.
    Manny: (taking her hand in his) We may have had to leave Magnolia Promenade, but I promise you I’m going to do everything in my power to make you happy, and the honeymoon will never be over.

Vivian leans in for a kiss. Then she rests her head on Manny’s shoulder, and they settle in for the long ride, content just to be in each other’s company.
    b35e1c3fa7d7ae3a57a469092ea8de10e46de788.png
    Manny: Hold on, we can’t go in yet.
    Vivian: Why not?

d5afa290a9ec36033fa1e1557e87be073c76c33f.png
    Vivian: Oh. Well this is romantic.
    Manny: I aim to please.
    Vivian: Maybe you can carry me to bed, too. We finally get to sleep in our own bed tonight.

042796bea29c7b8e5b9f12464f26c926df29abc1.png
    Manny: I’ll carry you to bed, but you aren’t getting any sleep tonight, girl.
    Vivian: (giggles)
    edited April 2020
    They are so cute together and its good to hear you are putting your lots up on the gallery, they look amazing! So will Vivian get to see Manny in his Lava Man get up? Errr enquiring for a friend of course
    edited April 2020
    @Bloosmoo Thank you! They’re planning a trip to Sulani eventually, so we’ll see what he ends up wearing, LOL. But nobody will have to wait that long to see Manny shirtless as I have a couple of bedroom scenes coming up that you...errr I mean...your friend will love. 😉
    1472c9a686b90ca699549630c7e04ae33827eb8f.png
    Come sit on daddy’s lap.

[LOL, his facial expression and hand gesture were just begging for this caption.]

ff0f838e883fcb0a10936c2d3ff0cef7daca00e1.png
    That moment when you know you’re going to woohoo.

[I figured Vivian and Manny have been married for a few days now, so it was time to show the intimate side of their relationship.]
    like anyone would wait for an invite lol
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    like anyone would wait for an invite lol

@Bloosmoo LOL! I know, right?!
    Wednesday Morning

4bdb444600c93b2b3c6ccfbf20048cad3a06dad6.png
    8a8ff953e6d1a7cc4e3cdd0314021fd5e1f64a6d.png
    aef532dbfbd5116fdc586308f4f2b786f27dea8c.png

[Pose is called Sleepy Days by wrixles on Tumblr​. Body hair is by luumia​ on Tumblr. That cute little nightie is from jomsimscreations​.]
    I really miss the cuddle on the bed interactions, these poses are really well done. It's a shame there isn't an option for this in game, it seems as though it's a very lonely edition, everyone is together but nobody actually interacts with each other. Maybe I'm just old lol, but yeah, I miss little bits like this.
    @Bloosmoo I couldn't agree more. I would love to have more animations for the bed, both romantic and cuddly. I also really miss children being able to play together without an object, such as playing tag in the yard.
    Manny works at Behr Druggist and Goods with his new father-in-law who’s also his boss.

32bb9e34e4482ef0c53610b5467b870185c49bf2.png
    Wesley: How was Magnolia Promenade? Did you two go to the aquarium?
    Manny: It was relaxing. Yeah, we saw sharks, and they were this close to us; they came right up to the glass.
    Wesley: I’m glad you had a good time, but I hope you’re not too relaxed to get back to work today.
    Manny: Haha, no sir. I’m ready to work.
    c1ccf5b565d43bb43552f8c698ae6db311d3edd7.png
    Manny usually works in hardware and gardening, where he’s most comfortable, but he’s always on the lookout for customers who need assistance and goes wherever he’s needed.

5450328a796c887555c34c64b27646b73b31acbc.png
    Manny: Do you need some help, little girl?
    Little Girl: I’m looking for a gift to give my friend at her birthday party, but I don’t have very much money.
    Manny: Hmmm, you just leave it to me. We’ll get you all fixed up.

ca2032a21d61af65b01e9104dc00497b5cf566e5.png
    Manny: These are the smaller toys along this wall. They’re still really fun, but they don’t cost as much.
    Little Girl: Gee thanks, Mister!

Manny thinks the little girl is adorable. He loves kids and hopes to have some of his own one day in the not-too-distant future.
    Manny needs to get onto this right now, purely because some of his fans...again my friends of course....are obsessed with genetics and can't wait to see how his would work with Vivian's. I do not condone genetic farming in the Sims 4 at all so can we just say....scientific investigation instead :D I think they'd be seriously cute though I always thought in the alternative time line that Eric must look more like his father than Vivian because she's always so smiley and I have never seen a more miserable looking Sim than Eric Lewis. Don't get me wrong, mine always got on really well with him, but he does kind of look like he needs some serious joy bringing into his life. Hopefully her kids with Manny will be able to crack a smile :)
    @Bloosmoo It's funny you say that about Eric because Vivian definitely has a resting B face. I've discarded so many screenshots because she often looks like she's angry while attending some fun event, LOL. I'm trying to be patient and let them have some time as a couple, but like you your friends, I'm dying to know what their kids will look like. It's tempting to just start clicking Try For Baby!
    6b14311d99968befae002fc0d10c227eca83ce5a.png
    69f9436cfb1e42fb92cc5cab31e46bbc1ea9d550.png

After work, Manny stops by the flower shop where Shandra works. (Shandra was a bridesmaid at his recent wedding.) He buys a single rose for Vivian.

Shandra: Back again, eh?
    Manny: You know me. I gotta keep my woman in flowers so she doesn’t get a wandering eye.
    Shandra: (laughs) You two are meant for each other. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Shandra rings up the rose and gives Manny her employee discount.
    edited April 2020
    Office: Vivian Goes Back to Work

c14a0412a28df91ea6a52944e58b938757d2ff7d.png
    Vivian works as a receptionist for the insurance company Newcrest Financial.

Vivian: Good morning, Mr. Nicholas.
    Jonas Nicholas: (looking straight ahead) Morning.

9fdac6f49426ce5fc5b42ff6325a10a918cbd05a.png
    Her boss and nemesis, Shirley, sits at the desk diagonal from her. Shirley is the office secretary.

Vivian: Good morning, Mr. Newell.
    Bradford Newell: (stiff and formal) Good morning, Vivian.

b9a083ea3af776927bc73ed8a6bc63a577b39cb2.png
    Nixon Broster is her favorite person in the office. He always stops to talk to her and takes an interest in her as a person.

Vivian: Good morning, Mr. Broster.
    Nixon Broster: Vivian! Congratulations on your wedding! What are you doing back so soon?
    Vivian: Well, we took a short honeymoon because we’re trying to save up money to go to Sulani, among other things.
    Nixon Broster: So, wait, you got married on…Sunday?
    Vivian: We got married Saturday, left for our honeymoon that evening, came back Tuesday night, had Wednesday at home, and now here I am on Thursday.
    Nixon Broster: What a whirlwind! Well, it’s good to have you back. The place just wasn’t the same without you.
    Vivian: (beaming) Thanks!

f6c6ca65c43fd23315cf0cbea014a4f490798210.png
    Vivian can see Shirley giving her the side eye. Shirley always gets a sour look on her face when any of the bosses or salesmen are friendly or complimentary toward Vivian.
    Post edited by QueenofMyshuno on