February 21 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

CAS survey is Closed, Voting Results coming soon!

Comments

  • PlanetSixamPlanetSixam Posts: 226 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Actually, I didn’t know at first but you can modify the length of sims feet, and so the length of the shoes.

    I've always known that there's a foot slider, but the problem is that when I decrease the size of the boots in the image to look more "normal", then move on to the next outfit and choose heels for example, the feet look squished and dis-proportioned because the slider applies to all shoes.

    B3pmxvh.png


    As you can see, some shoes don't look that great when you mess around with the slider and I think the worst offender are those plain black pumps. I don't know if it bothers that many people, but it's just something I've noticed and I often avoid using certain footwear because of how oddly shaped some of them are. I hope that I'm making sense lol.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 24 Member
    > @CathieCMR said:
    > I can't remember if I chose the boots or not, but don't mind either way. :) However, I'd love to see a stuff pack of clothes. Something like a wardrobe pack. I've noticed a lot of people want more men's, toddlers, and kids clothes...so I think it'd be cool to have a pack for each, or a pack with a few outfits each. (including shoes)



    I completely agree! It would make sense to create those kinds of wardrobe stuff packs. Maybe include some sets of clothing for each season for men, etc...
    Who knows, maybe It's already an idea that the Gurus have on the back burner?!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,384 Member
    edited February 9
    I agree with you. I’ve had that problem sometimes, the “default” size is too long and doesn’t look realistic. Then if you try to make the feet smaller, they look way too short.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Actually, I didn’t know at first but you can modify the length of sims feet, and so the length of the shoes.

    I've always known that there's a foot slider, but the problem is that when I decrease the size of the boots in the image to look more "normal", then move on to the next outfit and choose heels for example, the feet look squished and dis-proportioned because the slider applies to all shoes.

    B3pmxvh.png


    As you can see, some shoes don't look that great when you mess around with the slider and I think the worst offender are those plain black pumps. I don't know if it bothers that many people, but it's just something I've noticed and I often avoid using certain footwear because of how oddly shaped some of them are. I hope that I'm making sense lol.

    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Gracie0305Gracie0305 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > Hi Simmers!
    >
    > The Create-A-Sim vote for the community voted stuff pack is now closed. Thank you for participating.
    >
    > We’ve tabulated the votes and we will share the winners with you soon.
    > I wanted to give you some insight into why it takes so long for us to share the voting results, so here is a breakdown of the process:
    >
    > 1) Poll ends and results are tallied
    > 2) We write a blog post for communicating the results. This post is then reviewed by SP team members for editing to make sure everything we want to share is covered, and to verify accuracy. Then it is shared with our partners in marketing, communications, etc… for review. This process takes a few days because of how many people are involved.
    > 3) Once the blog post is approved it goes off for translation. The Sims is available in 18 languages, so that process can take a few days, especially when you factor in time differences, weekends, and holidays.
    > 4) The translated blogs are handed off to our web team to publish, and then you get to read them!
    >
    > To tide you over I will share with you the #1 voted asset – 50% of you voted for adult female shoe #41! That’s some serious love for this shoe.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Thanks for joining us in our collaborative journey to create this Stuff Pack!
    >
    > ~ SimGuruSarah

    Where do we vote. I missed the last vote for the stuff pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 3,485 Member
    Not that this got my vote but I expected it to do well seeing as almost half of the voting options were for adult female and this was the shoe for all of those outfits.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 21 Member
    I am beyond happy that those boots made the cut! That was the one item I was REALLY hoping for honestly.
  • Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 34 Member
    Gracie0305 wrote: »
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > Hi Simmers!
    >
    > The Create-A-Sim vote for the community voted stuff pack is now closed. Thank you for participating.
    >
    > We’ve tabulated the votes and we will share the winners with you soon.
    > I wanted to give you some insight into why it takes so long for us to share the voting results, so here is a breakdown of the process:
    >
    > 1) Poll ends and results are tallied
    > 2) We write a blog post for communicating the results. This post is then reviewed by SP team members for editing to make sure everything we want to share is covered, and to verify accuracy. Then it is shared with our partners in marketing, communications, etc… for review. This process takes a few days because of how many people are involved.
    > 3) Once the blog post is approved it goes off for translation. The Sims is available in 18 languages, so that process can take a few days, especially when you factor in time differences, weekends, and holidays.
    > 4) The translated blogs are handed off to our web team to publish, and then you get to read them!
    >
    > To tide you over I will share with you the #1 voted asset – 50% of you voted for adult female shoe #41! That’s some serious love for this shoe.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Thanks for joining us in our collaborative journey to create this Stuff Pack!
    >
    > ~ SimGuruSarah

    Where do we vote. I missed the last vote for the stuff pack.

    the vote is already over, it ended last Monday
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 24 Member
    > @PlanetSixam said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I've always known that there's a foot slider, but the problem is that when I decrease the size of the boots in the image to look more "normal", then move on to the next outfit and choose heels for example, the feet look squished and dis-proportioned because the slider applies to all shoes.



    You make a very valid point, but what if...
    It looks like the size of the shoe decreases the cuter they become. It may be a visual representation of what women are willing to put themselves through for fashion. :s
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 417 Member
    I was almost certain that these boots would be in the pack. I didn't vote for them but I don't hate them. I just hope they'll move the buckles to the correct side.
    Walk of Life Family Tree (WIP)
    Origin ID: Lottamelinaa


  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,525 Member
    Can we get boots and socks as separate items, please?

    We know you could do this with Community SP 1 aka "Laundry Day".
    List of my TS4 games:
    Base
    EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU
    GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, RoM
    SPs: LP, CK, RG, KR, B, VG, T, M
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 24 SimGuru
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    The survey really could have been made better. With one question and 92 items to try to evaluate at once in one giant image, I wonder if a lot of stuff that would have been popular was overlooked, or if a lot of people who would have participated didn’t because they were overwhelmed by choice.

    This is something we talked about before the survey went live, and it is unfortunately a limitation in how the survey software works. The alternative would have been to offer less choices, or to break the vote into more digestible chunks across multiple survey pages. Multiple pages isn't ideal because then we're getting rankings on segmented data instead of being able to view the vote as a whole.
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 24 SimGuru
    Gracie0305 wrote: »
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > Hi Simmers!
    >
    > The Create-A-Sim vote for the community voted stuff pack is now closed. Thank you for participating.
    >
    > We’ve tabulated the votes and we will share the winners with you soon.
    > I wanted to give you some insight into why it takes so long for us to share the voting results, so here is a breakdown of the process:
    >
    > 1) Poll ends and results are tallied
    > 2) We write a blog post for communicating the results. This post is then reviewed by SP team members for editing to make sure everything we want to share is covered, and to verify accuracy. Then it is shared with our partners in marketing, communications, etc… for review. This process takes a few days because of how many people are involved.
    > 3) Once the blog post is approved it goes off for translation. The Sims is available in 18 languages, so that process can take a few days, especially when you factor in time differences, weekends, and holidays.
    > 4) The translated blogs are handed off to our web team to publish, and then you get to read them!
    >
    > To tide you over I will share with you the #1 voted asset – 50% of you voted for adult female shoe #41! That’s some serious love for this shoe.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Thanks for joining us in our collaborative journey to create this Stuff Pack!
    >
    > ~ SimGuruSarah

    Where do we vote. I missed the last vote for the stuff pack.

    The Create-A-Sim clothing vote for the Community Voted Stuff Pack has ended, but please keep watching this forum and The Sims social channels to be informed when the next vote for objects goes live in early March.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 2,944 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    Can we get boots and socks as separate items, please?

    We know you could do this with Community SP 1 aka "Laundry Day".

    This, please!
    (I often wish we had the t-shirts that go with some of the jackets as seperates, to simulate my sims getting out of their outerwear. But most of the time I instead have to choose a shirt that's close to the one the sim was wearing just a minute ago under the jacket.)
    Simblr: https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/
    Currently running: Detroit Become Human based rotational save
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 24 Member
    Ivyeyed;c-17395217"]The survey really could have been made better. With one question and 92 items to try to evaluate at once in one giant image, I wonder if a lot of stuff that would have been popular was overlooked, or if a lot of people who would have participated didn’t because they were overwhelmed by choice. [/quote]

    This is something we talked about before the survey went live, and it is unfortunately a limitation in how the survey software works. The alternative would have been to offer less choices, or to break the vote into more digestible chunks across multiple survey pages. Multiple pages isn't ideal because then we're getting rankings on segmented data instead of being able to view the vote as a whole.
    [/quote]


    If those were the alternatives I am very thankful for all 92 items on one page. I would have no way of comparing the outfits to one another otherwise. Had to write my choices on a sheet of paper which I changed several times. It was like each time I looked over the items I would find my previous choices to be unfitting. I would have been filled with deep regret if the survey took place over several pages. I would have made the wrong choices.

    Once again, thank you. I was very happy with my final choices.
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    How exciting! Cannot wait!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 14
    Starfree wrote: »
    @SimGuruSarah even though it looks wierd having the buckles on the inside it wouldn't phase me. After all the zippers on my winter boots are on the inside (as I'm sure a lot of winter boots are) lol. Hmmm.. maybe a swatch or two with zippers instead of buckles?

    Zipppers are meant to be on the inside and buckles on the outside :)

    👍yup!
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary (be polite) - “

  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @SimGuruSarah even though it looks wierd having the buckles on the inside it wouldn't phase me. After all the zippers on my winter boots are on the inside (as I'm sure a lot of winter boots are) lol. Hmmm.. maybe a swatch or two with zippers instead of buckles?

    Zipppers are meant to be on the inside and buckles on the outside :)

    They are? I have a pair of boots that has zippers on the outside.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 2,262 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @SimGuruSarah even though it looks wierd having the buckles on the inside it wouldn't phase me. After all the zippers on my winter boots are on the inside (as I'm sure a lot of winter boots are) lol. Hmmm.. maybe a swatch or two with zippers instead of buckles?

    Zipppers are meant to be on the inside and buckles on the outside :)

    They are? I have a pair of boots that has zippers on the outside.


    I have seen that too with very specific designs but it's quite rare, at least where I live and I've never seen the buckles on the inside.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 528 Member
    To me it‘s clearly a design mistake. Hopefully just on the picture. Buckles are never on the inside just like belt buckles are not in the back.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary (be polite) - “

  • FiercyFiercy Posts: 15 Member
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > I'd like to give some insight to the feedback on the shoe buckle.

    Thank you for this. It's very interesting, and it's helpful to have some knowledge of the process. It gives us an opportunity to adjust our expectations overall.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 528 Member
    I'd like to give some insight to the feedback on the shoe buckle.

    The concept phase for assets is pretty loose and creative. The idea is, primarily, to convey the over all look of the asset and explore some design elements. If you look at the angle the shoes were drawn at (which fits the “Sim template” we used for CAS for both of the community voted stuff packs) you’ll see that if we put the buckle on the outside of the boot in the concept you wouldn’t be able to see it clearly. By putting it on the inside you can clearly see what that buckle looks like, which is important for our art team if an asset is selected to move forward into the next phase.

    When we review concept art (we meet weekly during the concept phase!) people will often call out issues like the buckle being on the inside of the boot. In this stage you’ll hear a lot of, “If it gets selected we will revisit this/have to solve for that.” This is totally normal for our process. Our artist wanted to give you as many options as possible for the vote – 92! – so she focused on creating a wide variety of styles and assets and we saved the polish for later.

    Now that this shoe has been selected to be made into a Create-A-Sim in-game asset the next step is for a concept artist to create a “Guide” for the asset. It includes the final, polished drawing of the asset – including additional angles if needed – and could include details like what kind material the socks are made of, a detailed drawing the stitching, even visuals about the the material the buttons are made of, if the artist thinks this information is relevant. This guide goes through multiple rounds of feedback and revision between the artist and the art director before finally being Approved. Then it is handed over to a Create-A-Sim artist who models the asset in game.

    So in short, don’t worry – the buckle will be on the correct side of the shoe when you see the final version in game :smile:

    Thanks for the clarification on the buckle. I would have been really surprised otherwise.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary (be polite) - “

  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,625 Member
    Results are out now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 17,782 Member
    edited February 14
    Not disappointed by the results especially seeing there will be something for all ages and genders. I just hope that the llama, viking, and succulent hats appear in future packs. I liked the look of a lot of those hats. I also wouldn't mind seeing more socks and fingerless gloves and bags in the future too.
    "The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

    Everyone is a Simmer.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 208 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Not disappointed by the results especially seeing there will be something for all ages and genders.

    Nothing for male children or toddlers.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top