Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Target Sim is Married, and it’s something of a problem. [MCCC Help Desperately Needed]

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
I know, from a previous surprise child (despite no affair and no marriage flags) that MCCC does inconvenient things to idle Sims.

I thought it didn’t touch played households??

I had the idea to marry one of my active single mothers to the solo dad I moved in next door.
Said Mum has already had a affair with a different married neighbour in a previous apartment complex in order to end up with her young son in the first place.
Said father is a creation of mine who has two kids to a non-existent (and head cannon, unfortunately dead) wife. They were created in CAS for a previous project and live with the fathers adult sister who is kinda helping out with the kids.

With me so far? Getting that this is already complex?

MCCC has most annoyingly moved the father and both children from the apartment and married him to Penny Pizzazz.
:(

I must fix this. I need your help/advice. Can/Should I cheat so that the marriage never happened? How? Do I just move him back to his (beautifully furnished, if I do say so) apartment and divorce them? Maybe it was a Vegas type thing with someone he recently met or something?? I have hardly got him to friends with my Sim yet.

Rather upset/angry and needing some help, please

Comments

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah that has happened to me plenty. I just move them out then use MCCC to maintain sim->divorce->forget relationship. I have learned if I don’t t want the game or MCCC to control my sims relationships, I have keep them as “played” households or make them “potentially played” households. If there are particular NPC’s that behave badly and try to move in on my sims, I marry them off to some other NPC.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks @KiniHokulani. That is helpful.
    I will wrangle MCCC some and press on. Good tip about divorce first, I always prefer to research/ask rather than learn the difficult way.
    Plus getting it out on the forum and having someone reply has been an effective enough form of venting my frustration.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
    @JC1979 Are you suggesting MCCC can be used to marry Sims without playing them. The reason I ask is that I would rather like MCCC to marry off Eliza Pancakes now that Bob divorced her and married one of my other Sims. It would be nice if out of this comes a greater usage/understanding of MCCC. (Yep, very modern game I have. A third household is a same sex couple with their adopted daughter).

Cheers @KiniHokulani :)
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I don’t know if you can marry sims with MCCC unless you are doing that with a played household, I have to check it out again. I usually cas.fulleditmode and just go to the manage households menus and marry off whatever unplayed troublemaker Is causing marital havoc in my game; that NPC will go into my “played” households menu after editing, then I just “unfavorite” them....that usually takes care of the problem for me.
    Oh, I see. Hadn’t thought of that.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    [...]Unless disabled in the settings, MCCC can and will include your played households through marriage and pregnancy cycles. Yeah, I found that out the hard way too. :disappointed:
    Same here. I wish MCCC's default behaviour was neutral. Enabling stuff you want would be much easier than having to go through all the settings to disable stuff you don't want. There is no opting IN, but you can opt OUT by not including the modules you don't need. This came up in another thread a few hours ago...
    Had the same problem until I started to only include modules that I needed. For example, if you dont want MCCC to move households or get your sims pregnant, remove mc_population.ts4script and mc_pregnancy.ts4script from your mod folder.
    NRowe wrote: »
    [...]It would be nice if out of this comes a greater usage/understanding of MCCC.[...]
    I am still an MCCC apprentice, but doing it module by module helped me to keep my saves risk free.