Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know canvas sizes?

Hello my fellow simmers,

I've been dabbling in creating NoCC art but I'm having trouble gauging what size my CC art should be when I create it (before I "paint from reference" from the other lot to make it non-cc). Does anyone know the size of the canvases in the sims 4? Or even better, what pixel sizes my CC art should be created in?

I've asked the googles and scoured the internets (including these forums) without any luck. Can anyone help me?
Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio

Comments

• Options
    s4diversitys4diversity Posts: 29 Member
    Hello Simmer friend! 👋

I'm not sure to fully understand your question, but I'll try my best to help you. And i'm sorry if I'm mistaken in my answer.

What you wanna do is make a CC recolor of game's canvases and then asking your Sim to paint them, right?

In this case, the texture size depends on the mesh you'll use. Some are 512x512, some others 1024x512.

My advice to get a crisp picture is to upscale your textures to 1024x1024 or 1024x2048.

If you wanna know the debug canvas texture size (the one your Sim uses to paint), it's 512x512.

Hope I helped you a bit.
    My Simblog* Gallery ID: S4Diversity
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    That's really helpful information! Thanks @s4diversity! @rosemow I don't know if any of this would be helpful for you too.
  • Options
    s4diversitys4diversity Posts: 29 Member
    @icanhassims happy to have helped a bit :) if you have any issue creating your paintings don't hesitate to ask me. I always enjoy sharing modding tips and tricks with Simmers.
    My Simblog* Gallery ID: S4Diversity
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you SO MUCH @s4diversity! I may take you up on that. Also, loving your screenname. <3