Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perhaps the new 'The Sims Franchise' sub forum is a hint that something new really is coming?

I am going to post this here instead of there, as I am just speculating a rumour... But the new area of the forums for 'discussion any Sims game' does seem interesting. Today The Sims is 20 years old so it is somewhere to post past memories from the past 20 years but it could eventually be somewhere to post about future Sims games?

It does feel like we are soon to enter a new era of The Sims and I expect to pick up more hints like this over the next year or so :smile:
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• kieranpatton14kieranpatton14 Posts: 48 Member
    Yeah that seems likely :) I hope we get The sims 5 announcement today or very soon.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nope I don’t see it at all. They just merged all the game discussions into 1 to make it easier to moderate would be my best guess. Does not say to me that a new series is on the horizon
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh I only wish....but sadly..don't think so.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited February 2020
    No, I think it's because there were very similar comparison threads spread through out all the forums.
    Edit:fixed a typo
    Post edited by Felicity1169 on
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yeah that seems likely :) I hope we get The sims 5 announcement today or very soon.

We won't get an announcement today or at least I would be surprised if we do but hopefully a few more hints
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The Sims Franchise section is for everyone to compare all the games and not crowd up the other sections with comparisons.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Can someone link me?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I think it's more to simplify things.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Shortly after announcing TS4 at the old TS3-forum they started moving TS4-threads over to it's own TS4-section. I don't remember that area being created before the big TS4-announcment though - But that doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same this time around. Time will tell I guess (:
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am going to post this here instead of there, as I am just speculating a rumour... But the new area of the forums for 'discussion any Sims game' does seem interesting. Today The Sims is 20 years old so it is somewhere to post past memories from the past 20 years but it could eventually be somewhere to post about future Sims games?

It does feel like we are soon to enter a new era of The Sims and I expect to pick up more hints like this over the next year or so :smile:

I think the new era will be twitter, facebook, etc. only. I think the forums will not exist in Sims5 :p
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, I thought that too when I read about the forums being changed. We must be getting close, especially since EA announced an online deal at their stockholders meeting. But, time will tell.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I disagree that category was created to hint at something new. Though I do believe they are making room for a new game. However, I think the Sim Franchise category is so they can move all those comparison threads and other type threads in to that section and not have to close or delete those type arguments.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I think the new era will be twitter, facebook, etc. only. I think the forums will not exist in Sims5 :p

'Follow us on Twitter where to download the latest hairstyle for The Sims'

Seems to be where things are going

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I think the forums will exist thru Sims 5 and beyond.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It will be funny when TS4 is listed under legacy games. :D Maybe sooner than we know. (speculation).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I honestly think it’s just to keep things organised. People comparing different games have derailed a fair amount of threads, and with this, comparing games can be done in one place and not in threads where the OP didn’t want a discussion about which game is better.