Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    > @Rebbilina said:
    > I have seen some speculation that we might get a trailer this week. If we do, we would probably get a teaser tonight.

Yeaaah, and a trailer tomorrow. I hope the pack will be launched in less than 2 weeks.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    > @Rebbilina said:
    > I have seen some speculation that we might get a trailer this week. If we do, we would probably get a teaser tonight.

Yeaaah, and a trailer tomorrow. I hope the pack will be launched in less than 2 weeks.

That would be great, but I could also see them teasing an expansion and either releasing it a little earlier i June than they usually do or have a longer promotional period. Given the last few years and corona possibly screwing up their scheduele, I'd put my money on earlier, but they used to have months of promoing an EP a few years ago, so who knows.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    > @Rebbilina said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That would be great, but I could also see them teasing an expansion and either releasing it a little earlier i June than they usually do or have a longer promotional period. Given the last few years and corona possibly screwing up their scheduele, I'd put my money on earlier, but they used to have months of promoing an EP a few years ago, so who knows.

Last year we got Strangerville teaser 7 days before the launch, Island living : 12 days, ROM : 22 days and DU : 25 days so "who knows" is a good conclusion ;)
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I have seen some speculation that we might get a trailer this week. If we do, we would probably get a teaser tonight.

On the roadmap they had Expansion, Stuff, then Game pack listed; that might be the order they're going to follow. They said they were already working on the community Stuff Pack and the Expansion Pack and they started "focusing" on the Game Pack" so if anything I think they would put out a trailer for an Expansion. I don't necessarily believe it will be this week or this month since everything that has been going on these past couple of months. I would be surprised if they did.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Does anyone knows how much time it went from when the devs started putting those "the mother knows it all" messages on twitter and when the teaser was released? I'm talking about Strangerville last year. It may give us an insight on when the trailer can come out this time...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Also Lady Gaga postponed her new album.

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

What I wanted to say is that most entertainment projects are postponed because potential customers are jobless/traumatized/can't go to shops to spend pocket money. I read between EA's lines that nothing will be released until this crisis is over.

Yeah that's sort of how I read that as well. I appreciate them actually saying something though so there's that, but in the end, we already knew all of this, meaning we don't know much more than we did yesterday. But alas, it is what it is. I'll continue on with Days Gone then til we get some more detailed news :D

This crisis could go on for another year so they might as well release more packs. Other gaming comp are still releasing games even though their working from home eg Tripwire.

Last of Us got cancelled too though (my heart is still broken about this). I'm guessing EA is not delaying because they can't finish but because they're worried about the current economic climate in the US. After all, with rising unemployment numbers and so many working from home or not at all, their projections are probably telling them that releasing anything now would impact their sales negatively. Is that true? Yeah probably. Would it be by much? Who knows. Sure, a GP isn't quite the same as the 60 price point of TLoU, and yes other companies like Frontier are still releasing games, but even if the impact was small, given that EA's eyes are famously made out of dollar signs, even mild downturns would probably put them off. But that's just speculation, we simply don't know what their reasons are. And yes, the covid thing won't be over tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to live with the fact that some things arent what we're used to right now. Again: it is what it is.

That's really to bad about that game. They were finished with it and about to release it then they up and cancel it which is worse then a delay in my opinion.

But great news: the last of us is definitely coming out in June now (well knock on wood and all but I can't see them delaying this a fourth time xD).

I gotta say no matter what the sims devs come up with, it probably won't excite me more than this and the upcoming AC game <3

But I'm still quite curious! A teaser tonight would be fun, especially if it's that new never done before thing. Really really want to know what that is 🤔
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    > @Rebbilina said:

I would predict within the hour.
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    > @Rebbilina said:

I would predict within the hour.

I live in Cali so PST and usually the teaser gets released at 11 PST, at the latest, so if it doesn’t happen this hour we still have 3 more! 😂
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I do also predict that we get a teaser today and a trailer tomorrow. :)
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Ok they just announced EAplaylive in June....

...but I suppose we can still get a teaser today. :)

Also the devs make som noice about Star Wars. Perhaps it’s a hint towards an upcomming space pack. Who knows.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m definitely thinking they’ll hold out til June 11th now that EA Play’s been announced. But that’s better than nothing, I feel better knowing at least when we might hear something after so many silent months.
    We could also see an announcement during summer game fest?
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Ok they just announced EAplaylive in June....

...but I suppose we can still get a teaser today. :)

Also the devs make som noice about Star Wars. Perhaps it’s a hint towards an upcomming space pack. Who knows.

I think they do every year on 4th of May. May the 4th be with you isn’t really a sims thing, it’s a general Star Wars thing.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This silence blows. I really hope whatever the pack is is worth it. I am going to be annoyed if we had all this silence for something I am not interested in. Well some good games are coming assassins creed and cyberpunk so at least I can play that.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I really hope they aren’t going to make us wait until June
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    So, no news tonight? :neutral:
  • Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    Really hope we get something this week :(
    I so thought we were getting a teaser today, but there’s always a chance that it is announced at summer game fest, or even later in the week. When seasons was announced in May the teaser came Wednesday, and the trailer Thursday. I also think that it will end up leaking like the last few packs, worst case is we wait a couple weeks but honestly i doubt it, something is coming soon. 😂
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    👀👀👀👀

Thoughts?
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Oh shoot, the picture didn't load. There's a leak going around on Twitter.

Country Livin..
  • MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    According to the The Sims Community there is a leak for the new EP.
    its Country Living (there is a picture on his new post from a Target Employee)
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Does anyone think we will get the trailer soon as there’s been a leak
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Does anyone think we will get the trailer soon as there’s been a leak

In another thread someone said the timing for university: it was about a month to get the trailer after it was leaked. And then a couple of weeks or maybe another month to be released. But i think it will be faster this time. It maybe will be released in ea play that is a month from now. So i think we can get the trailer very soon.
    Is this the teaser? Sure looks like country living with modern eco stuff mixed in? Pretty please?
    Sorry nevermind xD I was just late to the party as usual ;)