Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Careers Do You Want in Your Game?

124...Next

Comments

• amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I would also like to see some of the original TS4 base game careers updated to have work from home options.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    A music career add on for get famous or even new content entirely....musician...pop star...opera singer..be able to form a band...rock,heavy metal,electronica etc.
  • JiminBaeJiminBae Posts: 4 New Member
    1. KPOP/Idol would be cool and I know it could be added to Get Famous; but you could make it it’s own thing in another world because being an idol is culturally different than being a celebrity in the west
    2. Criminal would be fun that’s kind of why I want the sims team to make a Villain/Super Hero expansion pack because there’s so much you can do as a villain or hero
    3. Mayor/president (you can control a town essentially)
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    - FIre Fighter
    - Repair Man

I'd say Criminal but thanks to the survey; it does hint a criminal type of job aka the heists so... yea.. lol
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2020
    Freelance Globetrotter :
    • Travel
    • Taste the local food
    • Evaluate the venues
    • Learn the local culture and gestures
    • Homestay Sleep
    • Write a guide
    • Post photos on Simtagram

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Freelance Globetrotter :
    • Travel
    • Taste the local food
    • Evaluate the venues
    • Learn the local culture and gestures
    • Homestay Sleep
    • Write a guide
    • Post photos on Simtagram

That sounds really nice, a simstagram travel influencer. We will need more travel destinations. Wish sims could buy magazines with pictures, travel, fashion, cooking, sports and wellness, space travel and handiness, etc.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2020
    I agree that we need careers based on some skills we have.

Dancer with branches: hip hop dancer, ballet dancer

Wellness with: yoga instructor, masseuse

Archeologist: museum owner, adventurer

Etc.
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    _hanzolo wrote: »
    Since the games release in 2014, a lot of highly requested careers have been added, but I still struggle to pick a normal job for my sims (does anyone play as a Diamond Agent? Is it worth it?). Here are some careers I would love to see added to The Sims 4:

- Cosmetology career with a Makeup Artist branch and Hairstylist branch. Would make a great work from home career as the daily tasks could be giving townies makeovers (which is definitely needed!)

- Psychologist, one branch could be Therapist and the other could be psychology in more of a research capacity. Funny how we have a psychology degree but no psychologist career!

- Architect!!!! I miss this career from TS2, although I'm struggling to think what branches you could have.

- I wish the Actor career had a Director branch too

- Singing! I know we have the Entertainer career but nothing really for the singing skill which is a shame

- More blue collar/service jobs! I was so excited when Engineering was announced in Discover University but was disappointed to learn it was either computer programming or robotics. I want Electricians, Mechanics (once we have cars), and plumbers! Not every job has to be glamorous!

- New part time jobs: Dog walker (should have come with Cats & Dogs), and Maid

I would love more everyday jobs in TS4, ones that don't rely on us being a social media influencer or an evil supervillain. I really struggle to play working class families because of the lack of career options for them, and it's a shame because they're my favourite families to play with.

HOWEVER, I would really love to see the careers from Happy Haunts as well. Would be fun careers to give occult sims as it would suit their lifestyle, kind of like the Paranormal career from TS2. Grim Reaper would be such a blast to play, it's wacky and different but fits with The Sims style and humour more than some of the other weird careers I haven't touched since launch.

Have I missed any? I would love to hear your thoughts on the careers in game and if we need any more!
    I would like to bring back these careers :
    • Firefighter
    • Acrobat
    • Architect
    • Band
    • Model
    • Test Subject
    TV journalist : Interview the celebrity, TV news, spread fake news, influence the reputation of the other sims, ...
    - More blue collar/service jobs! I want Electricians, Mechanics (once we have cars), and plumbers! Not every job has to be glamorous!

I would love more everyday jobs in TS4, ones that don't rely on us being a social media influencer or an evil supervillain. I really struggle to play working class families because of the lack of career options for them, and it's a shame because they're my favourite families to play with.

This for me too. I want common/blue collar jobs. Firefighters, architects, plumbers, mechanics, construction workers, accountants, librarians, etc. I want more technology-free jobs and more depth to the work our sims do. I'm tired of so many daily job tasks being nothing other than "research this, write this, study this". Please give my sims tasks that don't force them to sit at a computer for several hours. Yes, there a many professions where you need to type documents/files/charts/whatever to be sent to co-workers, even in those jobs I listed. But c'mon, not every job requires employees to be constantly on the computer when they aren't at their jobs. Heck, I'd quite like to see more jobs where there are no daily tasks from home and the only way to get the sim promoted will be based on how they perform at their job.
    The ability to freeze a sim at a certain career level while still being able to gain skills in that field and complete daily tasks.

Dancer, gymnast, figure skater, more types of athletes, more areas of filmmaking.
    Luxury wrote: »
    Sorry for the long list, once I started thinking I just came up with all kinds of possibilities

Architect
    Model
    Director/Producer
    Daycare Teacher
    Food Stall Worker
    Firefighter
    Librarian
    Dancer (with a Ballerina branch)
    TV Personality- Newscaster/talk show host
    Tarot card reader
    Psychic
    Figure Skater/Gymnast
    Ghost/Vampire/Monster Hunter
    Pet Groomer
    Maid/butler
    Pizzaman
    Mechanic/Repairman
    Bus/Truck driver
    Gas station attendant
    Construction Worker
    Professional Clown (lol)
    Podcaster
    Therapist with Physical Therapist branch
    Janitor
    Pilot and Flight Attendant
    Animator
    Test Subject (could come with a chance of becoming an occult)
    Cosmetologist/MUA
    Repoman
    Acupuncturist/Massage Therapist/Yoga Instructor
    Racecar driver
    Fortune cookie writer
    Toy Designer
    Professional Hacker
    Stunt Man
    Interior Designer
    Beta Tester
    Nectar Maker
    Magician
    Personal Trainer
    Fashion Desginer

I need a patch that has a whole heap of careers! Specifically more careers that aren't technology-based (I'd also love to. see a notebook or something in-game to get up the writing skill without tech but that's not really relevant to the topic) and careers that don't pay very well for story purposes
    Luxury wrote: »
    Sorry for the long list, once I started thinking I just came up with all kinds of possibilities

Architect
    Model
    Director/Producer
    Daycare Teacher
    Food Stall Worker
    Firefighter
    Librarian
    Dancer (with a Ballerina branch)
    TV Personality- Newscaster/talk show host
    Tarot card reader
    Psychic
    Figure Skater/Gymnast
    Ghost/Vampire/Monster Hunter
    Pet Groomer
    Maid/butler
    Pizzaman
    Mechanic/Repairman
    Bus/Truck driver
    Gas station attendant
    Construction Worker
    Professional Clown (lol)
    Podcaster
    Therapist with Physical Therapist branch
    Janitor
    Pilot and Flight Attendant
    Animator
    Test Subject (could come with a chance of becoming an occult)
    Cosmetologist/MUA
    Repoman
    Acupuncturist/Massage Therapist/Yoga Instructor
    Racecar driver
    Fortune cookie writer
    Toy Designer
    Professional Hacker
    Stunt Man
    Interior Designer
    Beta Tester
    Nectar Maker
    Magician
    Personal Trainer
    Fashion Desginer

I need a patch that has a whole heap of careers! Specifically more careers that aren't technology-based (I'd also love to. see a notebook or something in-game to get up the writing skill without tech but that's not really relevant to the topic) and careers that don't pay very well for story purposes
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    This my list of basic jobs I'd like to see in the Sims. By virtue of my listing them here I am implying I would also like GP or EP that would elements that would make these jobs necessary for example Horse Trainer = Horses.

Part Time Job
    • Acupuncturist
    • Alien Test Subject
    • Bar Tender
    • Horse Trainer
    • Librarian
    • Mausoleum Clerk
    • Pet Groomer/Trainer
    • Store Clerk
    • Trainer
    • Yoga Guru

Career
    • Astronomer/ Astro Physicist
    • Oceanographer
    • Psychologist

Active Profession
    • Archeologist
    • Astronomer or Astro-Physicist
    • Cosmetologist & Aesthetician
    • Dentist
    • Farmer
    • Firefighter
    • Fortune Teller
    • Mechanic
    • Wine (Nectar) Maker
    • Parapsychologist
    • Sculptor
    • Veterinarian

I love all of the ideas! May I also add Real Estate Agent?
    Also think we should have an event organizer
    I’m sorry this career also came to me but Tattoo artists as well
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Fashion model.
    2quwd7.gif

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like all your ideas I think interior designer would be fun to and robber and fairy godmother and King and Queen as well as the careers from Happy hunt the grim reaper career sounded really cool

more for sim kids and more drama please