Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I don't think I'll ever have a 5 star island, because I don't want to do anything to the upper elevations. I like it wild and natural. :smile:

You can have a wild and natural 5 star island though, craft stuff like mossy rocks to place and they count as furniture too. Plus you get points for trees and flowers. My friend had a super wild natural island for her entire island and had 5 stars for ages (Now she's changed it though haha)

That's a good idea! I'll have to look for some inspo.
    I don't think I'll ever have a 5 star island, because I don't want to do anything to the upper elevations. I like it wild and natural. :smile:

You can do it! My island is 5 stars and I have like 5000 flowers and weeds everywhere. :lol: It’s a little more cluttered than I would like, but I still have a lot of natural areas.

Edit: I really liked the deserted island feeling at the beginning of the game. I didn’t upgrade from my tent for almost a week! My 2 starting villagers actually got houses first and then I felt out of place so I finally told Nook to give me a house.

That sounds fun! I was in a huge rush to get more villagers, but maybe I should have kept in deserted for a while.

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Miss Celeste is here, so I'm opening up Seacow Bay for a while. :smile:

Closed
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have Celeste too, and loads of shooting stars (Heavy announced shower). But it might get busy, I'm gonna open on reddit for a bit too haha, so you guys might want to visit @mintycupcake first as long as she's still open. You can only get Celeste once a day. If you need stars or want to stop by anyways though, code is 7VPSV (Edit new dodo)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    got 4 stars. isabelle more fencing. that was after.
  • Options
    I just had a surprising exchange with Wolfgang! He currently has three different plants that I've gifted him and he talked about it! He said "So, whaddaya think it smells like in here? FLOWERS?! (*angry reaction*) Yeah, I guess it does. Gahaha! (*Laughter reaction*)"

I never would have guessed that the number of plants he has could effect what he says.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Got my Chrissy amiibo card. Yeah!!
  • Options
    LilfireworkSimsLilfireworkSims Posts: 87 Member
    Gaston is in boxes today if anybody wants him. He kind of annoys me, so I'm happy to see him go.
  • Options
    I just had a surprising exchange with Wolfgang! He currently has three different plants that I've gifted him and he talked about it! He said "So, whaddaya think it smells like in here? FLOWERS?! (*angry reaction*) Yeah, I guess it does. Gahaha! (*Laughter reaction*)"

I never would have guessed that the number of plants he has could effect what he says.

Haha yeah I love it when they talk about stuff we've given them!
  • Options
    Got my Chrissy amiibo card. Yeah!!

Yay! haha!

I think the update comes out within the next hour, I just got a notification from Nintendo about system maitenance. It seems like updates usually come out the night before here since they are for 10am Japan time
  • Options
    And update is out! I'm off to dreamland!! Got a gift in the mail too from Luna and Nintendo (Luna's bed and Firework wallpaper)
  • Options
    And update is out! I'm off to dreamland!! Got a gift in the mail too from Luna and Nintendo (Luna's bed and Firework wallpaper)

i thought it was out tommorow. bad alex now i'm confused. you'll get used to it i'm confused is one of my more popular saying. lol :p:)
  • Options

i thought it was out tommorow. bad alex now i'm confused. you'll get used to it i'm confused is one of my more popular saying. lol :p:)

It comes out July 30th at 10am Japan time, so for anyone in North America that's the evening of July 29th.
  • Options

Do you just use Luna's bed in your house? We don't have to place another building?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I tried enabling the island backup, but I got an error code. Did it work for anyone else?
  • Options

Do you just use Luna's bed in your house? We don't have to place another building?

I used a diff bed, any bed works for it. There's no other building. Just lie down in a bed and it pops up
  • Options
    I tried enabling the island backup, but I got an error code. Did it work for anyone else?

I haven't tried yet, but I know that it's not quite a full save thing yet. If you do lose the save, until the next save update comes out, you'd still have to contact Nintendo to get your game back, but they have the backup, I'm not sure how it works. How did you try to enable it?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2020
    Whoop whoop downloading the update! Only reason I cared about my break at work 'cause it's so close to the end of the day and I'll probably leave early anyway so there's no real point lol but gotta download the update while I'm still in wifi zone (because it's still ages before I actually get home) so I can just play later lol.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member

I haven't tried yet, but I know that it's not quite a full save thing yet. If you do lose the save, until the next save update comes out, you'd still have to contact Nintendo to get your game back, but they have the backup, I'm not sure how it works. How did you try to enable it?

I pressed - on the title screen and Nook gave me an option to enable save backup. It said it was creating the backup but then it stopped and gave me an error code instead.

• Options
    So what I've learned so far:
    There are LOADS of people on reddit telling me they are on my island now. I can't see them. They can walk around and talk to villagers but can't do much else, just explore. I think they can get your abels design codes but looking into that. I can visit and dream about other people's islands at the same time as they dream about mine. I can also walk around my island and do normall things while they visit mine.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    You can shake trees and pick resources, they won't see it because it's all a dream, *Edit but youdon't keep what you shake/pick there
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options

It comes out July 30th at 10am Japan time, so for anyone in North America that's the evening of July 29th.

i didn't get it.
  • Options

i didn't get it.

You have to update your system manually to get it. Go into settings and update the software
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited July 2020
    You can shake trees and pick resources, they won't see it because it's all a dream, *Edit but youdon't keep what you shake/pick there

So what's the point? 🤔
  • Options

So what's the point? 🤔

There isn't a point really of collecting resources.

The point of dreaming is just to explore other's islands and to get access to their custom designs easier

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top